Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 1473

Thread: Farmville Murders - Four People Murdered in VA College Town #3

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    FLA
    Posts
    38
    My first thought was the site was done for monetary purposes. It was/is a relatively hot news story and could have driven quite a bit of traffic to a site relating to the story.

    But I don't see too many ads running on the site and I noticed the counter at the bottom only registers 200kish hits.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    I doubt he cares to be spared
    A lot of horrible murderers, as bad or even worse than McCroskey if thats possible, are the biggest cowards ever when it comes to their own death and they will try to run appeals as many years as they can to avoid their own death. Once in awhile a death row inmate will drop appeals and accept their sentence, but its very very rare. Sometimes the inmate will appeal for decades, but Virginia has one of the best appeal processes, I think the average inmate is on death row for like 8 years before execution.
    Last edited by Nikolai; 10-27-2009 at 03:13 PM.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrsmind View Post
    Blame the mother eh?

    Certainly possible, but idk. I have a couple of problems with this story.

    How does calling the police give him an alibi? It places him at the scene close to the time of the murders.

    If he doesn't care about being caught, why is he trying to construct an alibi? It seems hard to believe that he both doesn't care about getting caught AND that he is trying to construct an alibi however lame.

    What was he doing on Poorhouse Road? Most likely dumping evidence, but we don't know yet. If he wants to get caught, why dump the evidence?
    He was already easily placed at the scene of the crime at the time of the murders. He probably made a quick and panicked plan before fleeing the house to divert future attention somewhere else, a possible unknown person he heard in or around the house at the time he left.

    I think he was on poorhouse road most likely because he never had driven in the area in his life. If not that it may possibly have been as you say to get rid of evidence, maybe they found the murder weapon there, who knows. I think theres an outside chance he was scouting the area for a place to dump the bodies before heading for the airport but he had to ditch that plan after getting his car stuck. I think its obvious he was trying to avoid being caught.

    I think blame will be put on a lot of things to try and avoid a death sentence. I think blame will be put on his upbringing, his heavy interest in horrorcore, the crowd he hung around with, possible drug use. Im guessing with drugs at worst he only had marijuana in his system. These days though people will even try to blame anti-depressants for a murder they committed. I dont think any of those excuses will work but you never know with any jury, some may feel sorry for him and buy what the defense is selling.
    Last edited by Nikolai; 10-27-2009 at 04:09 PM.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine View Post
    he liked to jog
    maybe in his early elementary school years only?

    mercurynews.com/news/ci_13413230

    In high school, Sarah and her brother were teased and picked on at school, mainly because of their weight and "ginger" hair.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    He was already easily placed at the scene of the crime at the time of the murders. He probably made a quick and panicked plan before fleeing the house to divert future attention somewhere else, a possible unknown person he heard in or around the house at the time he left.
    How so? all of the individuals that could have placed him there are dead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    I think he was on poorhouse road most likely because he never had driven in the area in his life. If not that it may possibly have been as you say to get rid of evidence, maybe they found the murder weapon there, who knows. I think theres an outside chance he was scouting the area for a place to dump the bodies before heading for the airport but he had to ditch that plan after getting his car stuck. I think its obvious he was trying to avoid being caught.
    Highly unlikely he was on this road at 4AM by accident. The road leads nowhere and if he was trying to escape to the airport he would have to turn off the road that goes there to end up on Poorhouse Road. I posted an image of the intersection and there is no chance of confusing the way he went as the correct way to the airport as some have suggested.

  6. #56
    peace_gurl's Avatar
    peace_gurl is offline <<<<<I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.--
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The end of the earth, then take a left.
    Posts
    259
    He had a terrible odor because he lived in the house with dead folks, or who knows he may have loved the smell. How can we explain his thought process?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    74

    another interesting blog

    i came upon another interesting blog about Sam and his killing brought more attention to him than Horrorcore itself. i don't know if this had been posted or not, but, it's interesting to read other Horrorcore folks' feelings on Sam.

    http://www.insan0.com/SykoSam.html

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maunsapt For This Useful Post:


  9. #58
    peace_gurl's Avatar
    peace_gurl is offline <<<<<I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.--
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The end of the earth, then take a left.
    Posts
    259
    question? Did he have a driving permit? He left the family van in the drive way.

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,294
    Quote Originally Posted by peace_gurl View Post
    question? Did he have a driving permit? He left the family van in the drive way.
    IIRC, Sam did not have a driver's license; he had a California ID card.

    Early on we were speculating why he would take the pastor's car and leave the van. Perhaps the van was low on gas, or he couldn't find the keys?
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by maunsapt View Post
    i came upon another interesting blog about Sam and his killing brought more attention to him than Horrorcore itself. i don't know if this had been posted or not, but, it's interesting to read other Horrorcore folks' feelings on Sam.

    http://www.insan0.com/SykoSam.html
    The claim is made there that McCroskey was in contact with the police before his arrest.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to dangrsmind For This Useful Post:


  13. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,294
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrsmind View Post
    How so? all of the individuals that could have placed him there are dead.
    (respectfully snipped)
    However, he has been placed at the house when there were dead bodies there. LE came by after the three women had been killed and after the pastor had been killed. It would be very difficult for Sam's defense to argue that he was oblivious to the dead bodies, especially considering that the scene has been described as horrific.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

  14. #62
    peace_gurl's Avatar
    peace_gurl is offline <<<<<I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.--
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The end of the earth, then take a left.
    Posts
    259
    Poorhouse road would not be my choice to learn to drive on. It is a narrow road that would be difficult to travel at night. If he was going to turn around and go back to Farmville he would not have turned on Poor House Road. He would have used a cross over between the double highway. It is not a freeway.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to peace_gurl For This Useful Post:


  16. #63
    peace_gurl's Avatar
    peace_gurl is offline <<<<<I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.--
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The end of the earth, then take a left.
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrsmind View Post
    How so? all of the individuals that could have placed him there are dead.



    Highly unlikely he was on this road at 4AM by accident. The road leads nowhere and if he was trying to escape to the airport he would have to turn off the road that goes there to end up on Poorhouse Road. I posted an image of the intersection and there is no chance of confusing the way he went as the correct way to the airport as some have suggested.
    He was seen by the neighbors walking up and down the street alone. He went to the local Kroger to get groceries and other things.

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peace_gurl For This Useful Post:


  18. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,055

    Syniister leaves Horrorcore

    To Everyone In The Horrorcore Community:

    What up everyone, I felt it was necessary to publicly state some things and let everyone know whats up with Wicked Intent as a Record Label and also as an Online Radio Station...

    There are some BIG BIG changes in store for both. I have officially decided to step down as CEO of Wicked Intent. Many of you are probably freaking out at this point wondering WHY I am stepping down after I have spent YEARS building Wicked Intent. Well, the truth is... I am now in school full time and I am paying LOTS of money for my education. I am going to school now to become a Certified Audio Engineer, working in a major recording studio in Southern California. This will take up pretty much all my time with all the homework, studio time and internship that I will be going through. This is a very big step in my life that deserves the utmost attention from myself and running a record label is a full time job in itself.

    It was a very long, hard decision that I had to make and I felt that instead of completely closing the doors at Wicked Intent, I would hand it off to some of my best peoples. So, I hereby announce that I will be handing over the title of CEO of the Record label to my boy DARK PREACHA. Dark Preacha has shown me that he has what it takes to run the label in the same way I would. He is very business minded and with the help of his wife to run the webstore things will continue as they were, but at the same time continue to evolve and push foward as a prominent force in the horrorcore genre.

    As for the radio station, I have given full and utter control to Red33. She will now be the SOLE owner of Wicked Intent Radio and will continue to dominate the Horrorcore Airwaves as we have always done. Of course Killa Satan will be helping Red33 with running the radio station and all the current DJ shows and things you've grown to love about Wicked Intent Radio will remain intact.

    Now... you're probably wondering where I stand as an artist in this genre. With myself being so busy with focusing on my schooling I will be taking an indefinite hiatus from making new music. I am unsure how long this hiatus will occur but it will mean that my album will be put on hold untill I decide when I am able to come back. As for my group with Fenixz, Shadow Psyche, we have decided to disband as a group. With me taking a hiatus and such, Fenixz has decided that he does not wish to make horrorcore anymore as we have put all our "chips in the bag" for Shadow Psyche. He will continue behind the scenes making beats and working on his beat company with his partner DSK @ "Cryptic Productions" but as for Fenixz as a horrorcore artist, he is officially done.

    A lot of you may be thinking (and I know a lot of you are....) that this has something to do with the **** that happenend with LiLdEmOnDoG (Syko Sam) and the VA murders. Well it has absoultely NOTHING to do with any of that ****. I have never not once blamed myself, music or my label for the **** one person did. This is about my schooling and being in a recording studio nearly 12-15 hours a day and simply not having time to run a record label PROPERLY and rather then shut down shop I have decided to "pass the torch". I do not have time to run a webstore full time, or run 6 different websites full time or any of the other things that would keep me sitting infront of a computer for 8-10 hours a day, I simply cant dedicate the time I used to while I dedicate even more time to my education and career.

    In closing, I really do appreciate all our supporters, and I'm sure some of you will not be happy to hear this news. It is something that I have spent a few weeks deciding, and I have come to the conclusion that this would be the best possible route for myself. I will continue from here on out as a fan like I once was until I decide I am able to return from a hiatus. Much luv and respect to all our hardcore supporters and fellow artists we've worked with, Wicked Intent will continue to support and help build this genre!

    Respectfully,
    Syniister
    Last edited by dangrsmind; 10-27-2009 at 06:00 PM.

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dangrsmind For This Useful Post:


  20. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by peace_gurl View Post
    Poorhouse road would not be my choice to learn to drive on. It is a narrow road that would be difficult to travel at night. If he was going to turn around and go back to Farmville he would not have turned on Poor House Road. He would have used a cross over between the double highway. It is not a freeway.
    Agree.

  21. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    74

    should have warned of this url's homepage

    Quote Originally Posted by maunsapt View Post
    i came upon another interesting blog about Sam and his killing brought more attention to him than Horrorcore itself. i don't know if this had been posted or not, but, it's interesting to read other Horrorcore folks' feelings on Sam.

    http://www.insan0.com/SykoSam.html
    i should have warned of this url's home page. probably best not go there if you are squeamish or not, it's quite graphic and its image could stay with you for a while.

  22. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post
    However, he has been placed at the house when there were dead bodies there. LE came by after the three women had been killed and after the pastor had been killed. It would be very difficult for Sam's defense to argue that he was oblivious to the dead bodies, especially considering that the scene has been described as horrific.
    Right.

    But I was thinking about why he might have called the police to the house to report the mysterious noises in the cellar. As an alibi, the false intruder story sucks because McCroskey is still placed at the scene at the time of the murders and the mysterious intruder is nowhere around to be found. Attention would have still turned his way even if his little story had played out. Also, I haven't heard that he made any attempt to create a false point of entry or some similar false indication of a real intruder. But again, maybe he is just that dumb or we don't have all the facts.
    Last edited by dangrsmind; 10-27-2009 at 06:02 PM.

  23. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by peace_gurl View Post
    He was seen by the neighbors walking up and down the street alone. He went to the local Kroger to get groceries and other things.
    Very important information. This explains his need to create a false intruder.

    "other things"?

    Now I am curious about what exactly he bought.

  24. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by deita View Post
    maybe in his early elementary school years only?

    mercurynews.com/news/ci_13413230
    Well unless he's a liar, which is highly possible, he was running in july of this year according to his myspace. I'll have to find it, let me look around and see if i can find it.

  25. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    74
    very interesting that Syniister decided to go on hiatus from the Horrorcore music and company. He says its not from the VA killings, but one can wonder anyway, the timing and all with this decision.

  26. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by deita View Post
    maybe in his early elementary school years only?

    mercurynews.com/news/ci_13413230
    I get the impression that McCroskey's childhood has been mythologized for him. (As are most people's to some extent.) He may have been a runner in early adolescence before he found sloth and drugs and alcohol. Also, his mom may have been volunteer in school when he was little, but it's easy to be involved in your kids' stuff then when they're cute and fun, and he wouldn't have that strong of a memory of it except for what she's told him as kids at that age don't form memories like that usually. She's probably more like what Sarah describes, in his recent life.

  27. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrsmind View Post
    How so? all of the individuals that could have placed him there are dead.
    http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...221606/295789/

    Because LE had already came into contact with him at the house before the call to check the basement. They went to the house and talked to him after Melanies mom called them worried about her daughter.

    Quote Originally Posted by dangrsmind View Post
    Highly unlikely he was on this road at 4AM by accident. The road leads nowhere and if he was trying to escape to the airport he would have to turn off the road that goes there to end up on Poorhouse Road. I posted an image of the intersection and there is no chance of confusing the way he went as the correct way to the airport as some have suggested.
    I wouldnt say its highly unlikely or theres "no chance" for anybody to not get confused, lost, or make a wrong turn in an area they had never been in during their life no matter how clear things seem to you from a picture. People get lost and make wrong turns driving even on expressways. He could have been there to get rid of evidence, Im not saying thats not a possibility, my guess though is he didnt know where he was at.
    Last edited by Nikolai; 10-27-2009 at 06:16 PM.

  28. #73
    peace_gurl's Avatar
    peace_gurl is offline <<<<<I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.--
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The end of the earth, then take a left.
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrsmind View Post
    Right.

    But I was thinking about why he might have called the police to the house to report the mysterious noises in the cellar. As an alibi, the false intruder story sucks because McCroskey is still placed at the scene at the time of the murders and the mysterious intruder is nowhere around to be found. Attention would have still turned his way even if his little story had played out. Also, I haven't heard that he made any attempt to create a false point of entry or some similar false indication of a real intruder. But again, maybe he is just that dumb or we don't have all the facts.
    humn......question why do you think he called the police The officer that did the check was a skinny cop. Do you think he wanted to kill a cop too? Gotta remember he made that call shortly after the welfare check.
    Last edited by peace_gurl; 10-27-2009 at 06:29 PM.

  29. #74
    peace_gurl's Avatar
    peace_gurl is offline <<<<<I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.--
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The end of the earth, then take a left.
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrsmind View Post
    Very important information. This explains his need to create a false intruder.

    "other things"?

    Now I am curious about what exactly he bought.
    The kroger that he visited is in a shopping center. There is a little bit of everything there. The students of the university walk back there to purchase just about anything.
    It is just a few blocks away.

  30. #75
    peace_gurl's Avatar
    peace_gurl is offline <<<<<I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.--
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The end of the earth, then take a left.
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrsmind View Post
    Very important information. This explains his need to create a false intruder.

    "other things"?

    Now I am curious about what exactly he bought.
    I have heard rumors of things bought but dont know it for fact so would not feel comfortable posting it.

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. VA - Farmville Murders - Four People Murdered in VA College Town
    By oceanblueeyes in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1289
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 06:13 AM
  2. Farmville Murders - Four People Murdered in VA College Town #8
    By Salem in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 530
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 10:25 AM
  3. VA - Farmville Murders - Four People Murdered in VA College Town #7
    By LaWanda in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1514
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 12:38 AM
  4. VA - Farmville Murders - Four People Murdered in VA College Town #5
    By LaWanda in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1079
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 07:00 PM
  5. VA - Farmville Murders - Four People Murdered in VA College Town #2
    By Tricia in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 877
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 07:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •