Some chicken fingers & a femine wash

noZme

Reaction score
I wish I could take credit for that headline, but it's the actual title of an article in the Crestview News Bulletin. I can only imagine the difficulty keeping a straight face when this comes up in court!
http://www.crestviewbulletin.com/news/chicken-7686-feminine-fingers.html

It seems a woman was arrested for theft in Publix. She was caught on video surveillance eating chicken from the deli as she walked through the grocery store. After finishing the chicken, the surveillance tape captured her as she picked up feminine hygiene products and took them into the bathroom.
An employee who checked the bathroom after the woman left found, among other things, an empty bottle of a vinegar and water feminine-wash product.
The videotape depicted the woman leaving the store without paying for the items, the police report states.
Police were able to track the woman down because she had cashed a $300 Western Union check at the store before she allegedly stole the chicken and feminine hygiene products.
The woman was apologetic and told police she took the items because the Western Union check was sent to help her to pay off a worthless check she had written and that she could not afford the purchase price, the report states.

OK sleuthers, I challenge you to be her attorney (pro bono for sure).... you just read the charges against your client let's hear your defense arguments.

I don't know about how to defend her, but I just wanted to note that I don't see calling people who bother you "feminine wash bag" sweeping the nation any time soon.

Omg, people are so weird, lol. I work in a grocery store, you wouldn't believe what some people do!

I've got a grocery store story. A few years back a young woman walked into a grocery store, sprayed shaving cream in her armpits, shaved said armpits, then walked out the store without paying.

Yep, people are strange.

I've got a grocery store story. A few years back a young woman walked into a grocery store, sprayed shaving cream in her armpits, shaved said armpits, then walked out the store without paying.

Yep, people are strange.

Strange AND gross!

I don't know which is worse, chicken eating douche lady or armpit shaving lady? :waitasec:

The grocery store I go to services one of the largest old folk communities in the US (were talking 75-100 years old).

I get asked many times, very nicely, to reach the top shelves. I'm asked to read labels. Going to the store via the community shuttle bus seems to be an outing for them. They only buy 1, maybe 2, days worth of food, I believe because that is all they can carry and it's an adventure to go to the store every other day. It is funny to watch the nicest of old ladies bring in something 1/2 eaten that has expired and want a new one - and the store knows there is no use pointing out the obvious and just gives them a new one.

But what shows their generation the most, is they spend 10 minutes in line fishing for and paying with cash to the penny!

All said, there are worse places to shop.

One day a couple years back, I was in the grocery store and I passed an old man who was putting groceries back on the shelf. I got curious and nosed closer, and realized he was taking the groceries out of the grocery bags. It appeared he had already paid for the groceries (which he had, I asked a store worker). The poor man was kind of lost in his mind, and thought he was at home, putting his goods away in the cupboard, when he was really putting them back on the grocery shelf.

The store worker took him with her, gathered all his paid for groceries and helped him get out of the store and onto the senior transportation bus. (I know because I lingered and made sure that someone took care of him.)

It was so sad. I don't think I'll ever forget him.

Yep, people are strange.

I believe you. I found an open razor in the bathroom at Wal-mart once.

That is sad, Boyz Mom. My boys love the store. The old folks treat them like grandchildren, and they like helping the old folks. Best of all, the store manager told my boys they can have all the leftover Halloween candy they can fit in a plastic grocery bag for $1.00!

Customers for life.

You mean for stories that make you smile? They do make me laugh!

There was the time I saw a woman hiding a tiny dog in her purse. It was part doxie and? The manager came up to the lady, told her only service animals were allowed in the store. The woman said....get this...this is "doodles", she is my seeing eye dog. With a straight face. Manager just shook his head and walked away. The lady said out loud, to anyone in hearing distance, "Works every time!"

There was the time I saw a woman hiding a tiny dog in her purse. It was part doxie and? The manager came up to the lady, told her only service animals were allowed in the store. The woman said....get this...this is "doodles", she is my seeing eye dog. With a straight face. Manager just shook his head and walked away. The lady said out loud, to anyone in hearing distance, "Works every time!"

There is a funny scene in an episode of Frasier where his dad, Martin, does that with his dog Eddie. He's on a leash, but it's funny when the waitress gives him his coffee and helps him find it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back