GUILTY CA - Manuel Ortega & others for gang rape of 15yo girl, Richmond, 2009

That's just horrible. It lasted 2 1/2 hours and no one came to her aid. In fact, passersby joined in. :furious: I sure hope they can catch everyone involved.

"Police say some people walked by and actually participated in this crime."

I cannot imagine the horror of crying out for help, only to have the passersby join in.

What is the world coming to???

Absolutely disgusting! What is wrong with the human race? :sick:

She was in critical condition. This is just disgusting. I hope they find video (as terrible as it is) so they can prosecute every pervert who took part in this. This world just disgusts me sometimes.

My God! I can't believe how despicable some human beings can be. I can't even imagine the pain and heartache this girl and her family will have to suffer through.

"There's just so much control that one can do after that, once they leave the sidewalk we can't follow them home," says District Spokesman Marin Trujillo.
Police officers and school administrators were at the dance and even though they checked the campus when the dance ended at 11 p.m., district officials say they may not have searched the area where the attack was occurring."

Excuse me-lets review. POLICE OFFICERS and school administrators were present. At the Dance. The rape took place ON THE SCHOOL PROPERTY. But they missed it. Until 2.5 hours had passed. And this child was stomped into the ground.

Lawsuit.

They might as well turn over the keys to the kingdom to this child and this family right now.

What kind of assembly do you think will adequately cover this subject???

This is heinous. What is wrong with people? This makes me so sick. That girl was attacked, beaten, violated and shamed by an entire group of cowardly, worthless people. She had to be helicoptered out it was that bad.

...as many as a dozen spectators and between four and seven actual rapists in this case.

"I would say we're looking at four to seven active participants of sexual assault and extremely violent felonies. We're also suspecting there were up to a dozen people who witnessed what had happened and their involvement is unknown," says Richmond Police spokesperson Lt. Mark Gagan.

How horrific. That is a lot of people to be complicit in such a violent, 2.5 hour act that only ended when authorities showed up. I cannot believe that people watched and recorded video.

I have to agree with one of the commenters on the article. She said she was leaving at 9:30 to get a ride from her dad. Did dad know that? If so, why wasn't he frantically looking for her for the next 2.5 hours? Calling LE?

Or did she lie about why she was leaving to meet with the boy they think she knows? Maybe sneaking away from the dance to meet up with a boy her parents wouldn't approve of? Why does the school let them out w/out confirming with a parent?

Either way, it is horrific. Especially since, by all accounts, it is not a safe place at night. How can we teach our kids that they are not invincible and to please be careful???!!! It breaks my heart that she may have thought she was having a romantic meeting with a boy she liked and ended up so tragically wounded and violated. I wonder if he pretended to like her and lured her from the dance?

It is astonishing how sick and evil people can be. I cannot believe there wasn't a single person who had the morals and balls to call LE!:furious:

The school does have some responsibility here. They could do what our school does and lock the doors. The kids are not allowed to leave until the doors open 1/2 hour before it is over. Once I watch my son go in, I know he won't be leaving until 10:30, when I will be in the parking lot waiting for him.

Obviously the perps are to blame, but we have to take better care of our kids and realize they are not adults yet and still make some bad decisions!

Reminds me of a woman here.
She was raped and left on the bank of the river. She asked for help from a group of guys that came along and all three of them raped her too.
It's an absolutely sickening and terrifying pack mentality. I really do fear that this will become more common.
Not that that makes it any better, but try to hang onto the shock, because we will get desensitized to this, too.

I think what bothers me most (other than the obvious horror this young lady endured) is that it appears all of her attackers were younger than 18 (aside from the 19 year-old that was apprehended running from the scene). As horrible as our world is right now, it's terrifying to see what our youth are becoming and how scary our future looks.

This attack went on SO long that news of it reached an off-campus house party -- where someone was finally appalled enough to contact police. AND police believe several of the bystanders and/or attackers recorded the attack on their cell phones!

I think what bothers me most (other than the obvious horror this young lady endured) is that it appears all of her attackers were younger than 18 (aside from the 19 year-old that was apprehended running from the scene). As horrible as our world is right now, it's terrifying to see what our youth are becoming and how scary our future looks.

This attack went on SO long that news of it reached an off-campus house party -- where someone was finally appalled enough to contact police. AND police believe several of the bystanders and/or attackers recorded the attack on their cell phones!

Agree with your entire post, mom_of_five. And I'd like to see some laws passed that would penalize these onlookers for recording these attacks and not immediately notifying and turning over these videos to law enforcement.

This is just horrible to hear. I do hope they recover the cell phone videos. that will be a child *advertiser censored* charge for everyone of the that thought nothing of videoing the rape of this innocent child.

<snip>

RICHMOND, Calif. -- Two young men are in custody in the alleged beating and gang rape of a 15-year-old girl at a school homecoming dance in Richmond, California.

Police believe as many as three other men attacked the girl over a two-hour period Saturday night outside Richmond High School. Investigators say up to a dozen people watched the incident without reporting it.

more here

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-richmond-gang-rape,0,1913458.story

I am looking for the arrest info on the 19yr old named Manuel Ortega, can anyone help?

I have to agree with one of the commenters on the article. She said she was leaving at 9:30 to get a ride from her dad. Did dad know that? If so, why wasn't he frantically looking for her for the next 2.5 hours? Calling LE?

Or did she lie about why she was leaving to meet with the boy they think she knows?
Maybe sneaking away from the dance to meet up with a boy her parents wouldn't approve of? Why does the school let them out w/out confirming with a parent?

Either way, it is horrific. Especially since, by all accounts, it is not a safe place at night. How can we teach our kids that they are not invincible and to please be careful???!!! It breaks my heart that she may have thought she was having a romantic meeting with a boy she liked and ended up so tragically wounded and violated. I wonder if he pretended to like her and lured her from the dance?

It is astonishing how sick and evil people can be. I cannot believe there wasn't a single person who had the morals and balls to call LE!:furious:

The school does have some responsibility here. They could do what our school does and lock the doors. The kids are not allowed to leave until the doors open 1/2 hour before it is over. Once I watch my son go in, I know he won't be leaving until 10:30, when I will be in the parking lot waiting for him.

Obviously the perps are to blame, but we have to take better care of our kids and realize they are not adults yet and still make some bad decisions!

Bolded by me.
These were my thoughts, too--please understand I'm NOT blaming the victim. I think changing the story may be an effort by LE to protect the victim.

The first reports were that she was meeting a guy she knew so they could be alone...but they have changed the story to "her father was picking her up". I think maybe she was lured there by a guy she thought was a friend.

It never should have happened...she's 15 years old, and kids are gonna do some dumb things. I do enough dumb things and I'm old! Where is the parental supervision? Do these parents even care? 23rd St. in Richmond at 9:30 at night is NOT a safe place.

It's a good thing the police got there when they did, or I fear the outcome would have been much more tragic.

Or did she lie about why she was leaving to meet with the boy they think she knows? Maybe sneaking away from the dance to meet up with a boy her parents wouldn't approve of? Why does the school let them out w/out confirming with a parent?

My understanding is that the dad was looking for her all that time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back