756 users online (121 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Continue here for discussion about Somer Thompson case.

Previous threads:

Thread 8
    Thread 7
    Thread 6
    Thread 5
    Thread 4
    Thread 3
    Thread 2
    Thread 1
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-25-2016 at 10:56 AM. Reason: broken links
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Hoppy - you closed it when I was in the middle of a long post... !

Okay, here goes:

Someone mentioned on thread #8 the mom was protecting someone. So who would she protect? I'm first reminded of Patsy/Burke. However, I don't believe the older brother in this case is involved - at all. God forbid if I'm wrong. I just don't understand, however, who a mother would protect when her child has been murdered - other than another child.

I think I've come full circle - a couple of times! At one point I had believed the mom was involved but now I have some doubt. After looking at her (seemingly) dysfunctional background, it's possible that you've got someone thrust into the spotlight and getting their priorities confused when the camera turns on. Dysfunctional people (and I'm not making accusations - just covering the 'what if's) can blur the lines b/t what should be focused on as a priority vs what actually pops into their mind. Boundary issues. So when the cameras come her way, she may be thinking, "Oh what would sound good right now?" or "How do I look?" and momentarily shift her focus away from her pain. Just a thought.

This case has so many twists/turns - it's hard to make sense of it all:
    - multiple marriages/relationships for the mom (and a pending divorce)
    - various adults coming in/out of Somer's life
    - sitters, etc, coming/going out of the home
    - armed robbers (not sure about that error)
    - RSO's on virtually every corner
    - a long walk b/t home/school with stretches of isolated spots
    - a small body found rather quickly in a large landfill across state lines

Last edited by belimom; 10-27-2009 at 08:33 AM.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

just watched the sheriff on The Today Show and he said that they arent close to solving this crime. And something along the lines of "we aren't relying on computer voodoo we are going to solve this the old fashioned way" wonder if he was referring the forensic astrology board here?????
    Last edited by Toi; 10-27-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typo

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Good morning y'all. That is disturbing about not being close to solving case. Sad.
    I thought we were really pretty close to solving it in here last night. LOL
    Goes to show how hard the job is of LE in a case like this.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Toi View Post
    just watched the sheriff on The Today Show and he said that they arent close to solving this crime. And something along the lines of "we aren't relying on computer voodoo we are going to solve this the old fashioned way" wonder if he was referring the forensic astrology board here?????
    I'm sorry I missed this interview. They are NOT close? That's incredibly frustrating.
    Caylee, "He will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of his hand."

I went to bed last night with my head spinning about so many possibilities that I had not thought of before.
    That BSU post just about did me in.
    Then, this morning I wake up with a clearer head and hear the LE say they are not close and then it brings me to reality.
    If it were a family member, wouldn't LE be close????
    But, they have checked all the "local" RSO's. (not saying a RSO can't drive more than 5 miles, IMO)

The one thing that is still really bothering me, and I know this was discussed last night, is the fact Somer's father was left off of the obit. I know several sleuthers have said they have done/would do the same thing if he was not involved much in her life. But, IMO he is still her father. Nothing can change that.
    Last edited by Kimberlyd125; 10-27-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Spelling - UGGHHH
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    What is the BSU post that people are referring to lately? I've looked but can't seem to find it! Thanks!

NSC said on thread 8, page 19, post # 467, "The person with the same last name as WLK was removed from her facebook. I think that is odd and nobody can confirm the first name."

Her first name is Stefani. She has a myspace page which can be googled. On one of her friend's pages (male friend who shows up under her on google, MG are his initials) she has a comment that I thought was interesting it says: I have an interview next week with the Orange Park Police Department. I'm assuming it's a job interview.

She is also on facebook with a pic of herself. Not sure what links I can post, but it shows up on google.

FYI, there is also another WK, according to Clay County Clerk of Courts, but with the middle initial "R". A Carol K. is also showing up with him, looks like child support case. Maybe Stefani is related to them and not WLK? But then again...why was she removed from DT's page??

All of my info was found on the ape forum, CCCC, google, facebook and myspace. I can provide links if you would like and it's allowed.
    Last edited by KaW; 10-27-2009 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    I went to bed last night with my head spinning about so many possibilities that I had not thought of before.
    That BSU post just about did me in.
    Then, this morning I wake up with a clearer head and hear the LE say they are not close and then it brings me to reality.
    If it were a family member, wouldn't LE be close????
    But, they have checked all the "local" RSO's. (not saying a RSO can't drive more than 5 miles, IMO)

The one thing that is still really bothering me, and I know this was discussed last night, is the fact Somer's father was left off of the obit. I know several sleuthers have said they have done/would do the same thing if he was not involved much in her life. But, IMO he is still her father. Nothing can change that.
    I tried searching for the infamous "BSU" post. Can you link me, purdy please?
    Thank you.

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Quote Originally Posted by justbeachy View Post
    What is the BSU post that people are referring to lately? I've looked but can't seem to find it! Thanks!
    Never mind! I found it! I swear that sometimes all you have to do is ask something and then you find it yourself right away!

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn24 View Post
    I tried searching for the infamous "BSU" post. Can you link me, purdy please?
    Thank you.
    I'm not sure I know how but will try. It was first posted like 6:00 am yesterday.
    BRB
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

can you link it for Evelyn?
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

That's okay. I found it, finally.
    I seriously doubt it's someone with any real information, but it was interesting.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Wonder what he meant by computer voodoo?
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast