TX TX - San Antonio, off Austin Hwy, Wht/HispFem 13-33, UP2972, Oct'07

Ms Suzanne

Reaction score
Hi
May I please ask if anyone knows more on this?

KSAT.com
Related To Story

Video: Skull Found Near Austin Highway

Human Skull Found On Northeast Side

POSTED: 9:31 pm CDT October 4, 2007
UPDATED: 11:33 pm CDT October 4, 2007

SAN ANTONIO -- Police said they found a human skull Thursday evening on the city's Northeast Side.

Officers said a passerby found the skull at a site along Austin Highway near Vandiver Road and alerted police.

Police used cadaver dogs to search the area for other human remains until dark.

Investigators said they're not sure how long it has been there, but they believe it's a woman's skull.

"It's been here for a long time," San Antonio police Sgt. Laura Cole said. "It's something that could be caused by animals, but yes, there was damage to the skull."

Investigators plan to return to the site Friday for a more extensive search.

http://www.ksat.com/print/14273936/detail.html

wow.. this is the first i've heard of this. hopefully this will lead to the answer of a mystery and give a family some answers.

The resemblance is stunning. Going to stop grazing the posts for a while and look at this. You found something interesting.
The height may be a problem but the estimate maybe off due to the remains.

This one looks like a really good match too:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/apreciado_jennifer.html

Look at the eyebrows and the jawline, especially. She went missing from San Antonio in October 2006, so the timeline works too.

The face is remarkably similar. The height is way off, she is 4'7" and the UID is 5'4" to 5'8", so that is substantial. It should still be turned in, don't you think?

ETA 4'7" at age 18 is REALLY,REALLY small. My daughter is 5'2" and gets teased all the time, she's 28 now. could this height be wrong?
'

Hi
I think they should all be turned in.You just really don't know.

suzanne

If they only found the skull, how can they be so sure of the height of the person?

I realize that they use standard proportional estimates, but a small percentage of the time, the estimate may be significantly off.

Just for the record, I grew about an inch and a half between the ages of 18 and 21. I think this was due in part to the fact I became much more careful about nutrition while I was pregnant during that time period. By the time I got back in to my pre-pregnancy clothes, all my pants were way too short!

If the height on the missing report is a bit off and the estimate from the skull is too, could be a match, IMO!

Susan

I've never turned in a potential match before, and I don't think I want to start. If anyone else would like to turn this one in, please feel free.

I've never turned in a potential match before, and I don't think I want to start. If anyone else would like to turn this one in, please feel free.

I'll call it in on Monday for you. I haven't heard any more on this since the first day of asking for help from the public. I'll let you know what they say when I talk to them.

If they only found the skull, how can they be so sure of the height of the person?

Susan

They did find more remains on the 2nd day of searching. However, I still think it should be turned in, and will do so on Monday, regardless of the height discrepancy.

Barb - thank you for doing this! I think both girls are strong potentials.

Here's praying that her identity is restored to her quickly,

Salem

Thanks so much for doing that, Barb. I hope that it helps a family find peace.

I can't get the link to work-and would Really like to read the article-can someone please help?!
ETA:nevermind, i got it. I hope they put more info out and don't just let it fall to the wayside
Hi Missie (and everyone!!) :)
They are working hard on this one, I can assure you. She has already been compared to SEVERAL DOZEN missing girls/women reports from the area, and that was without a press release. Now there are more leads like these two...thank you everyone, for the help and suggestions. Both Apreciado and Morales will be checked out in comparison to this woman's remains.
warmly,

Just a quick update...
wanted to let everyone know that this case and several others from TX will be featured on a local crime show. You may want to watch for it, those of you that live in that area... It will be very brief, but at least it is more exposure. Please continue to submit possibles that you guys come across.

Thanks as always, sloane

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back