1048 users online (226 members and 822 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Fiber Analysis

I'm starting this thread on fiber analysis because it has come up in several threads, for example, in regards to how the Henkel duct tape on Caylee's skull may relate to the Q66 Henkel duct tape found at Caylee's remains site, and also which of KC's clothing may have left fibers at Caylee's remains site.

In studying the fibers, people have noticed and posted about, e.g., blue fibers found on tape.

I put together this look at all fibers, color, type, and where they were found.

Of particular note to me are the notations regarding Q23 - Q25. Q23-25 are areas of the trunk. I'm interested in exploring if this means that fibers from the items on which the Q23-25 notations are made match to fibers found on Q23-Q25.

I've googled trying to find out what MTFVTC means, and found nothing specific. The closest I can come from what I did find is Military Treatment Facility (MTF) and Video Tele Conference (VTC). I also wondered if MTF could possibly mean 'Match To Fiber'?? Maybe just wishful thinking :-)

My document reference is:
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...PEEVIDENCE.pdf

To keep this post from being too lengthy, I'll add another post with my 'chart' of fibers after this post.

Fibers
    (num = numerous, sev = several, manu = manufactured)
    (number, color, type)

----------
    Q59 (1) (Hair Mass from back of skull):
    num - white - Manu textured delustered polyester-type
    one - black - Manu lustrous acrylic type
    sev - black - Manu heavy delustered with voids acrylic type
    sev - light blue - cotton
    one - blue - cotton denim type

Q59YarnsKN - Manu white round delustered

Q59 (2) Hair mass
    MTFVTC including: blue cotton, purple cotton *Q23-Q25 KN (080805005 TO LF)

----------

Q60 (1) (Debris from skull):
    sev - blue - cotton

Q60 (2) blue cotton, off-white cotton, brown (d) *Q23-Q25 KN (080805005 TO LF)
    Note from BeanE: Note that this has the Q23-25 notation, but does *not* have the 'MTFVTC including' notation

----------

Q62 - Q64 (1) (Duct Tape - mouth/nose)
    num - white - Manu textured delustered polyester type
    one - black - wool
    one - blue - cotton

Q62-064 (2)
    MTFVTC including: blue cotton, black wool *Q23-Q25 KN (080805005 TO LF)
    off-white (d) (like Q62-Q64 KN)

----------

Q66 (1) (Duct Tape) from Q65 (gas can):
    one - blue - Manu delustered
    ??? - white - Manu round delustered, white textured delustered
    ??? - blue - cotton

Q66 (2)
    MTFVTC including: black cotton
    off-white (d), blue (d)
    Note from BeanE: Note that this has the 'MTFVTC including' notation, but does *not* have the Q23-25 notation

----------

FBI Q Numbers:
    Q23 - spare tire cover (ocso 26/q21)
    Q24 - left side of trunk liner (ocso 25/q20)
    Q25 - right side of trunk liner (ocso 24/q19)

Just in case I've confused which Q23-25 they're referring to:

OCSO Q Numbers:
    Q23 - Swabs from tip of shovel
    Q24 - Piece of spare tire cover
    Q25 - Pants from closet of east room of 4937 Hopespring Dr

For reference:

Hairs, Fibers, Crime, and Evidence
    Part 2: Fiber Evidence
    by Douglas W. Deedrick
    Unit Chief, Trace Evidence Unit
    Federal Bureau of Investigation
    Washington, DC

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backis...0/deedric3.htm

So this might be a good place to discuss the blue dress from the Fusion pictures that has never appeared as having been taken into evidence in ANY documents we have seen thus far? That dress certainly appeared to be cotton and it was definitely blue but not light blue as one of the fibers is referenced as. Hmmm...wonder if the dress was IN the trunk and she had to dispose of it somewhere else or if they DO have the dress and just have not told us about it yet? Where IS that blasted dress???!!!

Thanks for the thread Beane-another great idea from the Bean!!!

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

I took another look at the Blockbuster video the other day and it looks to me as if KC is wearing a top that is at least partly light blue and perhaps has on blue demin shorts. Are these clothes in any inventory and are they of any interest? I'd think the outfit she had on either directly before or after that afternoon would be most likely to have fiber transfer to the duct tape.
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by cecybeans View Post
    I took another look at the Blockbuster video the other day and it looks to me as if KC is wearing a top that is at least partly light blue and perhaps has on blue demin shorts. Are these clothes in any inventory and are they of any interest? I'd think the outfit she had on either directly before or after that afternoon would be most likely to have fiber transfer to the duct tape.

Not only do I agree wholeheartedly regarding blockbusters, but maybe you can help me on this.'
    I have looked repeatedly at the still photos, but can't find actual videos. When they first walk in, are there 2 or 3 people? If it is only 2, then it looks like Casey (at the rear) lifts something over her head? Perhaps removing her shirt.
    This may sound OT but is not, as I want to know what clothes entered Blockbuster with as well as what clothes she left Blockbuster with, because I am not so sure they are the same.
    Thanks

Would MTF stand for something like Multiple Transfer Fibers as a description of how the fibers would have gotten on the evidence?
    This OPINION is MINE. There are MANY like it, but this one is MINE.

I reserve the right to at any time.

Want to know what all the hip, environmentally friendly babies are wearing this year?
    Check out Nana's Natural Nappies for the best choices in cloth diapering and accessories.
    Natural and organic products are available for mom, too!
    10% discount on all orders over $50 during grand opening. US only.

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    So this might be a good place to discuss the blue dress from the Fusion pictures that has never appeared as having been taken into evidence in ANY documents we have seen thus far? That dress certainly appeared to be cotton and it was definitely blue but not light blue as one of the fibers is referenced as. Hmmm...wonder if the dress was IN the trunk and she had to dispose of it somewhere else or if they DO have the dress and just have not told us about it yet? Where IS that blasted dress???!!!

Thanks for the thread Beane-another great idea from the Bean!!!
    Just adding my about the blue dress.
    It looked like polyester, Casey's clothes all looked rather cheap to me.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

Just a guess. Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) has to do with the sharpness of photographic imaging. So it could have something to do with the testing or type of analysis used to link the fibers. http://www.normankoren.com/Tutorials/MTF.html

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    Just adding my about the blue dress.
    It looked like polyester, Casey's clothes all looked rather cheap to me.
    I agree. What color was the WTP blanket? I'm going to try and find it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3doglady View Post
    I agree. What color was the WTP blanket? I'm going to try and find it.
    I researched this not long ago. I believe this blanket on amazon is what the blanket looked like when new:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Pooh-Printed-Fleece-Blanket/dp/B0006SCN8I/"]Amazon.com: Classic Pooh™ Printed Fleece Blanket: Baby[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    I researched this not long ago. I believe this blanket on amazon is what the blanket looked like when new:

Amazon.com: Classic Pooh™ Printed Fleece Blanket: Baby
    Thanks, Wish we knew what color KC's sheets were on the night of the 15th. I don't remember LE taking sheets into evidence and they are probably long gone.

How about MTFVTC - microspectrophotometry fiber verification for type and color?

Nope Microspectrophotometry is abbreviated MSP.

Multiple textile fibers verified by type and color?

Multiple transfer fibers verified by type and color?

Can't find anything on this at all. You would think that it would be some kind of standard notation or at the least there would be a legend attached to each report.

Does anyone know a forensics person?
    Last edited by 100%Agave; 10-27-2009 at 03:30 PM.
    This OPINION is MINE. There are MANY like it, but this one is MINE.

I reserve the right to at any time.

Want to know what all the hip, environmentally friendly babies are wearing this year?
    Check out Nana's Natural Nappies for the best choices in cloth diapering and accessories.
    Natural and organic products are available for mom, too!
    10% discount on all orders over $50 during grand opening. US only.

Got so excited when I read your first two posts BeanE that I couldn't wait to post so sorry in advance if someone already came up with this . . . . but could MTFVTC stand for Match Thread Fiber Verify Thread Content? Or maybe other WS'rs could help with a variation on the theme?

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post

Amazon.com: Classic Pooh™ Printed Fleece Blanket: Baby
    posting this photo (blanket on left side) to visually compare:

Was a fiber analysis done on the blanket? I do not recall. Did it have blue fibers on it?

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast