990 users online (177 members and 813 guests)  

Websleuths News

Poll: Will You Get the Swine Flu Shot?(for poll let's assume it is available)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    As far as the autism aspect that is worrying some people, the component that some believe is the link is a preservative called thermisol. Not all of the H1N1 vaccinations have thermisol in them.

As for those who wonder how they know if you have H1N1 or some other flu, I believe there is a test that can tell that.

Two of my children have had the swine flu, It started as cough and allergy symptoms. One had body aches, the other didn't. Both had a headache. That's why I took them to the Doctor. I was treating the asthma symptoms but the headache didn't fit. Neither had a high fever. My friends son takes cough medicine for his allergies. Her Doctor told her not to give him the cough syrup if he had fever because he thinks that's why some people are getting so bad and dying. They suppress the cough so they can't cough it up and it settles in their lungs. I don't know if it's true or not but I know I wouldn't have known if they hadn't kept complaining with a headache. We aren't getting the shot. I also read that if you use the neti pot everyday and gargle with listerine, it could help keep the swine flu away. O/T I bought some listerine for us to gargle with. My 16 year old used it later she came and said Mom the next time you buy us some mouth wash will you please try not to buy us poison. I told her that is what beer tasted like.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
    Two of my children have had the swine flu, It started as cough and allergy symptoms. One had body aches, the other didn't. Both had a headache. That's why I took them to the Doctor. I was treating the asthma symptoms but the headache didn't fit. Neither had a high fever. My friends son takes cough medicine for his allergies. Her Doctor told her not to give him the cough syrup if he had fever because he thinks that's why some people are getting so bad and dying. They suppress the cough so they can't cough it up and it settles in their lungs. I don't know if it's true or not but I know I wouldn't have known if they hadn't kept complaining with a headache. We aren't getting the shot. I also read that if you use the neti pot everyday and gargle with listerine, it could help keep the swine flu away. O/T I bought some listerine for us to gargle with. My 16 year old used it later she came and said Mom the next time you buy us some mouth wash will you please try not to buy us poison. I told her that is what beer tasted like.
    Laughing my butt off about the beer comment! Funny! My doc told me today when i came up positive for it that the nedi pot might have prevented this, and other sinus issues also. I have one under the sink...don't like it as I have an inner ear and sinus issue....guess I should get used to the inconvenience. He also said sniffing saline from your palm is good.

Quote Originally Posted by stilettos View Post
    Laughing my butt off about the beer comment! Funny! My doc told me today when i came up positive for it that the nedi pot might have prevented this, and other sinus issues also. I have one under the sink...don't like it as I have an inner ear and sinus issue....guess I should get used to the inconvenience. He also said sniffing saline from your palm is good.

You know I convinced one kid that he would die if he ever smoked because he has asthma. I figured I would give the listerine taste test to keep them from drinking. Who knows if she will buy it but I thought it was worth a try. I also read that you could blow your nose hard and swab the insides with a Qtip dipped in saline.

Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
    It isn't available here unless you have an "in" with a doctor like one of my acquaintances. She has no health probs, a healthy 50 years old, not high risk, nothing, but he said here take it and don't tell anyone. (she has a big mouth, he should know that LOL) Kids can't get the shot here because they say they are out of vaccine but not really. You have to know someone. That ticks me off like you wouldn't believe. Of all times you would think politics and favoritism wouldn't enter in. I don't need it, I'm old, but let the kids and people with health issues have it IF the parents want them to.
    Last edited by Gracenote; 10-31-2009 at 01:29 AM.

Adji, you are not forgotten and you are loved.

If I come down with the H1N1/ Swine Flu, I've decided to lie and tell eveyone I have the 'Swan Flu'.

It just sounds so much prettier, don't you think?
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

I'm leaving in about an hour to get a spot in line for the H1N1 clinic being held nearby. Only the kids will get the nasal vaccination -- hubby and I do not fall into the "at risk" groups yet.

From what I've seen on the news, these clinics have standing room only -- which is why I'm leaving 1 1/2 hours before it starts to get a spot in line.

ETA: Well, we're all back from the clinic. It was PACKED, and some of the people were surly...getting angrny because they thought my husband was cutting in line ahead of them (he was on his way back to where I was, because I'd already signed us all in). The nurse allowed us (mom and dad) to get the vaccination too, even though we weren't in the high risk category, because she said there was more than enough vaccine at the clinic, and we wouldn't be taking it away from someone in one of the high risk groups. So we all got it.
    Last edited by oh_gal; 10-31-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    If I come down with the H1N1/ Swine Flu, I've decided to lie and tell eveyone I have the 'Swan Flu'.

It just sounds so much prettier, don't you think?
    Be a good idea to lie..people are crazy paraniod and irrational. Friend' DIL says that if she gets it she will never hold her Grandchild again or have her in her home. NUTS!

OK, 6 1/2 hours post vaccination, and absolutely no side effects for anyone yet.
    (No fever, aching joints, stuffiness, sore arms, etc.)

Well I am stunned. People are worried about the side effects more than the ailment? Hmm. To me all flu's are essentially the same-our district has been nailed with it but all of the cases are mild.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Gracenote View Post
    It isn't available here unless you have an "in" with a doctor like one of my acquaintances. She has no health probs, a healthy 50 years old, not high risk, nothing, but he said here take it and don't tell anyone. (she has a big mouth, he should know that LOL) Kids can't get the shot here because they say they are out of vaccine but not really. You have to know someone. That ticks me off like you wouldn't believe. Of all times you would think politics and favoritism wouldn't enter in. I don't need it, I'm old, but let the kids and people with health issues have it IF the parents want them to.
    If you have public health here in MA, the state ships out the allotment separately. A friend of mine was telling me how her pediatrician had to put out an email stating that those with Mass Health cannot come to any of the flu clinics because the state has not shipped the doses.

NIIICCCEEE. Talk about privilege!!!!!!!!
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

The shortage situation reminds me of gas prices....When we drove cross country from Ohio to California, it was amazing watching the fluctuating gas prices...some were paying through the nose, others were paying a lot less than we were in Ohio...

No rhyme or reason to me...

I hope everyone who wants the vaccine is able to get it soon. They still don't have it at the kid's pediatrician, but the health district does...

I would probably get the shot if I didn't have to wait in line with a ton of people who might already have it. I'm avoiding crowds as it is so it makes no sense to me to expose myself only to find out that the vaccine has run out or I don't qualify. As it turns out, me and my son are not in a priority group anyways.

3 1/2 days here after contracting the virus. No fever, no headache, no congestion and slight tired feeling. All is well and we at our home are now immune if it comes back. Smiling happy faces here.

Interesting reading about the symptoms posted. I had some nasty achy, headache, sinus, allergy thing and no fever a few weeks ago. It hit me within a day. Because I wasn't running a fever, my doc and I agreed it was probably was a sinus infection and I did the zpac antibiotics. Antibiotics didn't do anything. Now I'm wondering if I did have the swine flu? I was very sick for over two weeks.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast