1043 users online (193 members and 850 guests)  

Websleuths News

SF Bay Bridge Closed again - parts break

I knew when I found out that the repair pieces for the Bay Bridge were made in China that there would probably be some issues down the line. Glad I don't have to cross that one very often. This is a huge headache for the Bay Area.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNO81ABJTF.DTL

My DD commutes to Pleasanton...took her her 3 hours to get back to the city the long way and with the congestion. If I were on the bridge when it happened..i'd be thinking..OH SH#t...earthquake! I can't believe it is the repaired section that already broke. Sheeeesh. Glad I don't commute that way anymore...I spent waaaay to many hours sitting on that bridge in rush hour. I wonder when they'll be able to reopen it...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by lizzysf View Post
    My DD commutes to Pleasanton...took her her 3 hours to get back to the city the long way and with the congestion. If I were on the bridge when it happened..i'd be thinking..OH SH#t...earthquake! I can't believe it is the repaired section that already broke. Sheeeesh. Glad I don't commute that way anymore...I spent waaaay to many hours sitting on that bridge in rush hour. I wonder when they'll be able to reopen it...
    They closed the Bay Bridge (political reasons I think) when I was working in Pacifica. Left my car in SF and took BART home!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Is the typical rush hour on the BB the standard 7-9am and 4-6pm? I'm flying to SFO in a month, then driving to Napa. Just wondering... Thanks!

It was fun this morning let me tell you. I am going to leave later tonight so I can miss most of the squash! I take the Bart every day but it sure slows things down when there are so many people riding that don't normally ride and don't know what train they need to be on etc. Of course I knew it would be congested and busy but didn't leave home early to still get to work on time ... just left at the usual time and came in a little late.!

Quote Originally Posted by SDkid View Post
    Is the typical rush hour on the BB the standard 7-9am and 4-6pm? I'm flying to SFO in a month, then driving to Napa. Just wondering... Thanks!
    More like 6-10 and 3-7. You can do the 511 here to get traffic conditions on your phone.

Thank you, Ziggy. Is there better another bridge/route from SF to Napa?

Thank you, Ziggy. Is there better another bridge/route from SF to Napa?

Is that the bridge that is on 101 and comes out by the Presideo? Ta

Thanks to all of you. Looking forward to meeting my Texas sis there for her big 5-0!

Thanks to all of you. Looking forward to meeting my Texas sis there for her big 5-0!
    Yep GGB (Golden Gate Bridge) - take 101 N. out of SF and go across the GGB, then continue 101 N. to Novato and take 37 towards Napa.

It's a much prettier drive anyway!!! I live in this area and driving that 37 across the marshes is awesome - it's one of my favorites.

I hope you guys have FUN! Duh, wine country, birthday! You will. Enjoy