SF Bay Bridge Closed again - parts break

My DD commutes to Pleasanton...took her her 3 hours to get back to the city the long way and with the congestion. If I were on the bridge when it happened..i'd be thinking..OH SH#t...earthquake! I can't believe it is the repaired section that already broke. Sheeeesh. Glad I don't commute that way anymore...I spent waaaay to many hours sitting on that bridge in rush hour. I wonder when they'll be able to reopen it...

My DD commutes to Pleasanton...took her her 3 hours to get back to the city the long way and with the congestion. If I were on the bridge when it happened..i'd be thinking..OH SH#t...earthquake! I can't believe it is the repaired section that already broke. Sheeeesh. Glad I don't commute that way anymore...I spent waaaay to many hours sitting on that bridge in rush hour. I wonder when they'll be able to reopen it...
They closed the Bay Bridge (political reasons I think) when I was working in Pacifica. Left my car in SF and took BART home!

Is the typical rush hour on the BB the standard 7-9am and 4-6pm? I'm flying to SFO in a month, then driving to Napa. Just wondering... Thanks!

It was fun this morning let me tell you. I am going to leave later tonight so I can miss most of the squash! I take the Bart every day but it sure slows things down when there are so many people riding that don't normally ride and don't know what train they need to be on etc. Of course I knew it would be congested and busy but didn't leave home early to still get to work on time ... just left at the usual time and came in a little late.!

Is the typical rush hour on the BB the standard 7-9am and 4-6pm? I'm flying to SFO in a month, then driving to Napa. Just wondering... Thanks!

More like 6-10 and 3-7. You can do the 511 here to get traffic conditions on your phone.

Thank you, Ziggy. Is there better another bridge/route from SF to Napa?

Thanks to all of you. Looking forward to meeting my Texas sis there for her big 5-0!

Thanks to all of you. Looking forward to meeting my Texas sis there for her big 5-0!

Yep GGB (Golden Gate Bridge) - take 101 N. out of SF and go across the GGB, then continue 101 N. to Novato and take 37 towards Napa.

It's a much prettier drive anyway!!! I live in this area and driving that 37 across the marshes is awesome - it's one of my favorites.

I hope you guys have FUN! Duh, wine country, birthday! You will. Enjoy :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back