Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 694

Thread: SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On the Third Coast
    Posts
    8,746

    SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

    Please continue here.
    Last edited by JBean; 02-12-2010 at 11:09 AM.
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gilligan's Island
    Posts
    1,822
    Brought over last post from last thread:

    Originally Posted by -Doc-
    Does anyone know what her friends did that night? It has been said PB and his friends went to a party but then decided to leave the party on a Saturday night to go home early. What did her friends do after they found out she was missing?

    PB and his friends did not go a party my guess is they went to let people know they were getting out of town, who..? we will never know but I don't know many college boys who leave a co-ed party on a Saturday night to run straight home without even going back to their hotel.


    Posted as reply by me ~
    Supposedly JO had an "emergency" with her bf UO and spent time at the local PD (however no records can be found of ticket/arrest for UO) and then...

    Supposedly JO, AL and PO hung out at the Boardwalk with UO, AH, NC and the rest of that group...and never went back to the BH...
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    Love never fails.

    I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Columbia, SC
    Posts
    295
    Posted by Strawberry Fields on Thread #6:
    "I have not been posting as I really felt I had nothing to add to this discussion, but after recently (a few minutes ago) watching a live news conference regarding another girl that went missing in Virginia while attending a Metallica concert, something really reaches out and grabs me. Why oh why didn't the LE in BD's case keep up with some news conferences and try to get help from the community/public like the LE is doing with MH's case in Virginia. They have flat out stated that they believe the only way this case will be solved is with people that saw Morgan that night coming forward and telling the LE what they saw. They have gone further to state that even if someone thinks what they saw was trivial, no matter how small they think it is, to please just call us and let us determine if it is important. Now looking at Brittanee's case, it is so obvious that the information about her disappearance and her "timeline" as they have put together for Morgan, has not been shared with the public on any sort of regular basis in the beginning so the public could call in any possible sightings of Brittanee. I am in Virginia and very rarely was anything at all mentioned about Brittanee on our local news. I do not like to say this, but I think there are definiely more people than just me thinking this. Money talks. Every person that goes missing deserves as much news coverage as the next, no matter their parents' standing in the community or how much money is put up for a reward. I keep remembering seeing BD's mom and her grandmother making pleas for someone to come forward that saw something but I personally (maybe I missed it) have not heard from LE or anyone other than her relatives saying, "please come forward...we know someone saw something". Not blaming the LE but just think in these two cases, as I have stated...money talks."


    To a certin extent, I can completely agree with you, but being in SC, I could almost guarentee you that a lot of this has to do with tourism. It is one of the biggest industries in SC, let alone Horry County, which is where Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand area is located.

    Think about it. MB wants to market their town as a friendly place for family vacations. Heck, in MB in the winter months, it becomes a Mini-Canada with all of the visitors coming down for the winter. There are 2 distinct tourism seasons there- granted the Summer is THE season, they still make a lot of money in the winter.

    If they have this lingering story in the national media about a teenager coming for Spring Break that mysteriously disappears, and it looks like it is a random kidnapping- it could have a HUGE effect on the local economy.

    Am I saying for sure is this why the story has gone quiet? No, absolutely not! However, to think that this wouldn't play some role in it, would be naive IMHO.

    I would also venture to say that the fact that the KEY players are all back out of state and MBPD has no authority to haul them in for questioning at this point is probably one of the biggest stumbling blocks to date. The guys hauled badonkadonk the night this occured, and the girls weren't far behind, and none have thus far gone back to get involved in any way, shape or form. THIS has to hurt the investigation majorly on several levels.

    All in all, it makes one want to , KWIM?

    Just MOO.
    God Grant me the serenity to accept those things which I cannot change, the strength to change those things which I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eeyorelrn For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gilligan's Island
    Posts
    1,822
    [/QUOTE]To a certin extent, I can completely agree with you, but being in SC, I could almost guarentee you that a lot of this has to do with tourism. It is one of the biggest industries in SC, let alone Horry County, which is where Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand area is located.

    Think about it. MB wants to market their town as a friendly place for family vacations. Heck, in MB in the winter months, it becomes a Mini-Canada with all of the visitors coming down for the winter. There are 2 distinct tourism seasons there- granted the Summer is THE season, they still make a lot of money in the winter.

    If they have this lingering story in the national media about a teenager coming for Spring Break that mysteriously disappears, and it looks like it is a random kidnapping- it could have a HUGE effect on the local economy.

    Am I saying for sure is this why the story has gone quiet? No, absolutely not! However, to think that this wouldn't play some role in it, would be naive IMHO.

    I would also venture to say that the fact that the KEY players are all back out of state and MBPD has no authority to haul them in for questioning at this point is probably one of the biggest stumbling blocks to date. The guys hauled badonkadonk the night this occured, and the girls weren't far behind, and none have thus far gone back to get involved in any way, shape or form. THIS has to hurt the investigation majorly on several levels.

    All in all, it makes one want to , KWIM?

    Just MOO.[/QUOTE]

    I agree with you on that point as well. And there still are several other factors - being politics and another being the economy and cut backs - which I'm sure MBPD (and other LE agencies) have felt as well.

    Unfortunately there are other crimes that take precedence over other cases and some cases get pushed back due to lack of evidence and other factors.

    But yeah, all in all, this is a tourist town and MB counts on those tourism $$$. From all that's come from this case - People are now seeing that there is more crime in MB than they realized; that MB is considered a runaway haven (of sorts); that people actually go missing in MB. No city, county or town wants any of this (or hints of this) splashed around the media - especially national media.

    But the above isn't exclusive to MB... This happens in resort towns and non-resort towns all over the US and the world. It's just sad that there isn't enough man-power and time in the day to cover all of the cases like they need to be.

    I'm in no way blaming LE for not having already solving BD's case. There's lots of other factors that keep this case from being solved - the biggest is because no one is talking - no one is coming forth and bringing any kind of evidence that could help solve this missing persons case.

    But of course, we are seeing that in a lot of other cases here recently as well...
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    Love never fails.

    I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    181
    How does a person just DISAPPEAR?????????? I dont post often - mainly lurk - but these types of cases really bother me. This one, Jennifer Kesse......I mean how does one just disappear?? I know the world's a huge place, but I can't imagine there are too many REALLY remote areas in S.Carolina that NO ONE goes to??

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gilligan's Island
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejasade View Post
    How does a person just DISAPPEAR?????????? I dont post often - mainly lurk - but these types of cases really bother me. This one, Jennifer Kesse......I mean how does one just disappear?? I know the world's a huge place, but I can't imagine there are too many REALLY remote areas in S.Carolina that NO ONE goes to??
    Yes, BD just disappeared as well as Jennifer, now we have Morgan Harrington the family of 3 in Oklahoma... People disappear every day apparently. The poor child (Somer Thompson) in FL who was abducted in full daylight in the midst of other children walking home from school. Same with Elizabeth Olten - and searchers had been all over her grave and didn't find it...only when the 15 yr old perp led LE to it was it found... And in all of these cases - seemingly no one saw anything...

    If you will google areas in SC - such as the State parks - you will see exactly how much land is remote...thousands and thousands of acres... And from what locals have said...even some of them don't go into these areas...because they are so remote and because the cell phone service isn't so good - not to mention the dangerous critters that inhabit these parts...
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    Love never fails.

    I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    Yes, BD just disappeared as well as Jennifer, now we have Morgan Harrington the family of 3 in Oklahoma... People disappear every day apparently. The poor child (Somer Thompson) in FL who was abducted in full daylight in the midst of other children walking home from school. Same with Elizabeth Olten - and searchers had been all over her grave and didn't find it...only when the 15 yr old perp led LE to it was it found... And in all of these cases - seemingly no one saw anything...

    If you will google areas in SC - such as the State parks - you will see exactly how much land is remote...thousands and thousands of acres... And from what locals have said...even some of them don't go into these areas...because they are so remote and because the cell phone service isn't so good - not to mention the dangerous critters that inhabit these parts...
    ya i didn't realize until after I posted that, that I actually had only been to MB a few times, and I have no clue about the land mass...
    I know...it's hard to believe that people just up POOF - disappear on a daily basis. It truly amazes me. I guess, though, you bury someone...how will you be found?
    in BD and JK case, though, it seems more a "spur of the moment crime"...I just don't see someone taking the time to BURY them. If that makes any sense....

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dejasade For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Darlington, SC
    Posts
    23
    The kids that she went to MB with know SOMETHING. She wasn't wandering around by herself the whole time she was there. They know the different people that she met and talked to while they were out 'clubbing'. It's probably a friend of a friend (PB) who has a lot of power and influence and they're either too scared to talk or they ended up getting so mad at her that they think she 'got what she deserved'. If they were to talk now, and admit that they knew something crucial to finding her, they'd be in SO much trouble. Their friends, family and all of America would look down on them and they just don't want to risk it. If they could corner those kids and ask a LOT of questions, I'm sure they'd get some info.
    The lack of evidence and tips is SO frustrating!

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danali80 For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gilligan's Island
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejasade View Post
    ya i didn't realize until after I posted that, that I actually had only been to MB a few times, and I have no clue about the land mass...
    I know...it's hard to believe that people just up POOF - disappear on a daily basis. It truly amazes me. I guess, though, you bury someone...how will you be found?
    in BD and JK case, though, it seems more a "spur of the moment crime"...I just don't see someone taking the time to BURY them. If that makes any sense....

    Yes that makes sense. Some people go to elaborate lengths to get rid of their victim (like the 15 yr old murderess of the 9 yr old Elizabeth Olten in MO - it is speculated that she actually pre-dug a grave for her victim as LE had been all over that area and not found Elizabeth). Then we have the 7 yr old in FL (Somer Thompson) who was tossed away in garbage... Then there are those like Annie Le & the NYC cleaning lady who are "walled" up in an unlikely place.

    Then there's those that are just dumped on the side of the road or taken into a forested area hoping they won't be found or that decomposition of the body will take place quickly so that if the victim is found it will make solving the case harder.

    I too feel like BD's possible demise was probably not quite pre-meditated as some crimes are, but nevertheless whoever has her or did away with her has great knowledge of how to go about undetected. To me this is why it appears that a local was involved in this somehow.

    I'd be looking at someone who has vast knowledge of the "Low Country" - a hunter, hiker, someone who helps to maintain those state parks...
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    Love never fails.

    I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Andrews/Georgetown SC
    Posts
    544
    ive been reading all the remarks,,,a long shot theory,,could be possible,that her body went one way and her cell could been thrown in anothers truck? (like in back of a pickup truck) and MB LE just maybe will never find her if her body left SC? just a thought...

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
    ive been reading all the remarks,,,a long shot theory,,could be possible,that her body went one way and her cell could been thrown in anothers truck? (like in back of a pickup truck) and MB LE just maybe will never find her if her body left SC? just a thought...
    That's why it's important to keep up with UIDs everywhere when looking at missing persons cases - with as well developed of a highway system as the US has, it's easy to swiftly transport a body great distances to do a dump.

  19. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem NC
    Posts
    327
    They found the body of a white female no older than 20 years old was found yesterday near the nc/sc line in York County North carolina.

    Female body found in York County
    By Steve Lyttle
    slyttle@charlotteobserver.com
    Posted: Friday, Oct. 30, 2009
    The York County Sheriff's Office said it has called homicide detectives into the case surrounding the discovery of a white female's body Thursday afternoon.

    The body was discovered about 1:15 p.m. in a remote area of northern York County, near the state line. Deputies say the site is along Robinson Road, a little-used gravel road near Lloyd White Road.

    A resident spotted the body, and the sheriff's office said it appears the woman was in her 20s. The body had not been at the site very long, deputies say.

    Anyone with possible information in the case is asked to call the York County Sheriff's Office, toll-free at 877-409-4321.

    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bre...y/1027319.html
    Life Is What We Make It.
    Visit Me at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-...y/303188754080

  20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seifsister For This Useful Post:


  21. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifsister View Post
    They found the body of a white female no older than 20 years old was found yesterday near the nc/sc line in York County North carolina.

    Female body found in York County
    By Steve Lyttle
    slyttle@charlotteobserver.com
    Posted: Friday, Oct. 30, 2009
    The York County Sheriff's Office said it has called homicide detectives into the case surrounding the discovery of a white female's body Thursday afternoon.

    The body was discovered about 1:15 p.m. in a remote area of northern York County, near the state line. Deputies say the site is along Robinson Road, a little-used gravel road near Lloyd White Road.

    A resident spotted the body, and the sheriff's office said it appears the woman was in her 20s. The body had not been at the site very long, deputies say.

    Anyone with possible information in the case is asked to call the York County Sheriff's Office, toll-free at 877-409-4321.

    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bre...y/1027319.html
    BD was 17 and I would think unless they only recently killed her it would have been a skeleton not a body and unidentifiable without some testing.

  22. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carolina Coast
    Posts
    10,398
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyorelrn View Post
    Posted by Strawberry Fields on Thread #6:
    "I have not been posting as I really felt I had nothing to add to this discussion, but after recently (a few minutes ago) watching a live news conference regarding another girl that went missing in Virginia while attending a Metallica concert, something really reaches out and grabs me. Why oh why didn't the LE in BD's case keep up with some news conferences and try to get help from the community/public like the LE is doing with MH's case in Virginia. They have flat out stated that they believe the only way this case will be solved is with people that saw Morgan that night coming forward and telling the LE what they saw. They have gone further to state that even if someone thinks what they saw was trivial, no matter how small they think it is, to please just call us and let us determine if it is important. Now looking at Brittanee's case, it is so obvious that the information about her disappearance and her "timeline" as they have put together for Morgan, has not been shared with the public on any sort of regular basis in the beginning so the public could call in any possible sightings of Brittanee. I am in Virginia and very rarely was anything at all mentioned about Brittanee on our local news. I do not like to say this, but I think there are definiely more people than just me thinking this. Money talks. Every person that goes missing deserves as much news coverage as the next, no matter their parents' standing in the community or how much money is put up for a reward. I keep remembering seeing BD's mom and her grandmother making pleas for someone to come forward that saw something but I personally (maybe I missed it) have not heard from LE or anyone other than her relatives saying, "please come forward...we know someone saw something". Not blaming the LE but just think in these two cases, as I have stated...money talks."


    To a certin extent, I can completely agree with you, but being in SC, I could almost guarentee you that a lot of this has to do with tourism. It is one of the biggest industries in SC, let alone Horry County, which is where Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand area is located.

    Think about it. MB wants to market their town as a friendly place for family vacations. Heck, in MB in the winter months, it becomes a Mini-Canada with all of the visitors coming down for the winter. There are 2 distinct tourism seasons there- granted the Summer is THE season, they still make a lot of money in the winter.

    If they have this lingering story in the national media about a teenager coming for Spring Break that mysteriously disappears, and it looks like it is a random kidnapping- it could have a HUGE effect on the local economy.

    Am I saying for sure is this why the story has gone quiet? No, absolutely not! However, to think that this wouldn't play some role in it, would be naive IMHO.

    I would also venture to say that the fact that the KEY players are all back out of state and MBPD has no authority to haul them in for questioning at this point is probably one of the biggest stumbling blocks to date. The guys hauled badonkadonk the night this occured, and the girls weren't far behind, and none have thus far gone back to get involved in any way, shape or form. THIS has to hurt the investigation majorly on several levels.

    All in all, it makes one want to , KWIM?

    Just MOO.
    I live just 45 minutes from MB and everything you posted is totally true. MB will not do anything to hurt the tourist season in any way. It will be kept as quiet as possible. And hushed up as soon as can be. If MB had any LE with cojones, they would go to NY and bring the other players back to SC if need be to question. Instead, they really wish to push it under the rug and wait until it calms down. They will not do anything to stir things up. The guys and gals know what happened to BD. I personally think that they sent her out to buy drugs. She was the youngest so she was chosen to do the deed. These people are the lowest of low cowards. LE in their area could do more too if they wanted to. This is entirely disgusting.

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2
    We have a saying in Rochester if you commit a murder here you hire John Parinello. He's the best defense attorney in Rochester. That's what PB did? Makes you go hmmmmm. I 'm from Webster. The town is upscale but the neiborhood where pb lives is upper middle class in our area. My two cents worth. HOpe there is closure on this case we're still watching it closely here.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sesenin For This Useful Post:


  26. #16

  27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rochestergirl For This Useful Post:


  28. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    203
    MBLover:

    You figure out which one of her friends was texting PB the most that evening and you will discover who the big players are from Rochester.

    So we have Peter leaving a college party on a Saturday night and the kids just hanging out on the boardwalk. That is a pretty boring Saturday night on the last night of vacation. Something tells me their minds were in other places.

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to -Doc- For This Useful Post:


  30. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gilligan's Island
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by -Doc- View Post
    MBLover:

    You figure out which one of her friends was texting PB the most that evening and you will discover who the big players are from Rochester.

    So we have Peter leaving a college party on a Saturday night and the kids just hanging out on the boardwalk. That is a pretty boring Saturday night on the last night of vacation. Something tells me their minds were in other places.
    I can only venture a guess on that one (the texting)...no way to confirm it on my end...

    But the Boardwalk I was referring to is the Boardwalk Hotel - which is about another 20 blocks from BH in the opposite direction of BWR. But yeah...I agree...minds were in other places...

    Between BD and Morgan Harrington, I'm....
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    Love never fails.

    I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:


  32. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gilligan's Island
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    I live just 45 minutes from MB and everything you posted is totally true. MB will not do anything to hurt the tourist season in any way. It will be kept as quiet as possible. And hushed up as soon as can be. If MB had any LE with cojones, they would go to NY and bring the other players back to SC if need be to question. Instead, they really wish to push it under the rug and wait until it calms down. They will not do anything to stir things up. The guys and gals know what happened to BD. I personally think that they sent her out to buy drugs. She was the youngest so she was chosen to do the deed. These people are the lowest of low cowards. LE in their area could do more too if they wanted to. This is entirely disgusting.
    While I agree with you on most of these things you've stated, there's one thing in this post I can't agree with - that LE could do more if they wanted to.

    JMO - LE's hands are basically tied... Why? Because there is no crime scene and until there is one what can they do? BD hasn't turned up either way. No one is talking... And if LE just went and hauled in anyone and everyone for anything - no other police work would get done...

    I've seen comments that DD has made that she believes (at least at one time she did, I don't personally know if her perception has changed) that LE is doing everything they can and have been keeping her updated regularly.

    I will admit, I bashed LE in the beginning. I thought they weren't doing enough or didn't know what they were doing. But the more I've watched other cases the more I've learned. Of course each department has their own way of doing things...however, don't be fooled... LE knows a whole lot more than they ever let the public know - and there are good reasons for that. The top one being evidence for an arrest and trial.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    Love never fails.

    I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:


  34. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    I can only venture a guess on that one (the texting)...no way to confirm it on my end...

    But the Boardwalk I was referring to is the Boardwalk Hotel - which is about another 20 blocks from BH in the opposite direction of BWR. But yeah...I agree...minds were in other places...

    Between BD and Morgan Harrington, I'm....
    The kids do not want to burden any blame. Even if they sent her as the drug runner that night, whatever may have happened between her and the drug dealer they feel is not their fault. If they speak the truth they would incriminate others in the process. They probably feel it is not worth it.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to -Doc- For This Useful Post:


  36. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    159
    IMO, her friends know something and I think it has to do with drugs and a drug dealer.

    I think it is interesting that MH's friends are quiet, not posting comments on FB and not posting pictures from the concert acting like it was the greatest night of their life. These kids are different to say the least. BD's "friends" made comments that were tasteless and mean, as well as pictures where the didn't name her and "best vacation ever" captions! IMO, you dont speak out on a social networking site, post fun vaca pictures etc. unless you are trying to justify your behavior or are a total sociopath.

    IMO these kids know something and are pieces of trash because of how they behaved.

    IMO Only.
    Last edited by VirginiaDoll; 11-03-2009 at 06:03 PM.

  37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VirginiaDoll For This Useful Post:


  38. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    754
    The last few comments have made me wonder if MBPD has asked its Narcotics officers to question their snitches, to see if anyone in the drug community has been bragging about doing something to 'some chick' or whatever - just seems like it would be a good base to cover.

  39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SkewedView For This Useful Post:


  40. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Columbia, SC
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    While I agree with you on most of these things you've stated, there's one thing in this post I can't agree with - that LE could do more if they wanted to.

    JMO - LE's hands are basically tied... Why? Because there is no crime scene and until there is one what can they do? BD hasn't turned up either way. No one is talking... And if LE just went and hauled in anyone and everyone for anything - no other police work would get done...

    I've seen comments that DD has made that she believes (at least at one time she did, I don't personally know if her perception has changed) that LE is doing everything they can and have been keeping her updated regularly.

    I will admit, I bashed LE in the beginning. I thought they weren't doing enough or didn't know what they were doing. But the more I've watched other cases the more I've learned. Of course each department has their own way of doing things...however, don't be fooled... LE knows a whole lot more than they ever let the public know - and there are good reasons for that. The top one being evidence for an arrest and trial.
    MB, I truly hope I didn't give the impression that I think MBPD is doing NOTHING... I know that couldn't be farther from the truth.

    What I MEANT was I think that may be one reason why we don't see a huge PUSH from them at this point for large blanketing by media... I personally believe that their biggest stumbling block is a group of blockhead acting teenagers that know more than they have said, but are just too far out of MBPD's reach to do more without having to spill their whole case- which depending on what they know could be the WORST thing to do at the moment. I really believe that they have enough to say what happened, who did what, and who didn't do what, but WILL NOT say yet because while it is enough to convince seasoned LE, it MAY NOT meet the burdon of proof for a criminal prosecution, or even for a warrent to get the kids back here to talk.

    I just didn't want you to think that I THOUGHT that MONEY was the main issue here with the lack of a push for media coverage. I just think that on some level it plays a role, but I think that the integrity of the investigation is the MAIN cause for the apparent 'media hush' by MBPD.

    I mean, you have to admit, this HAS NOT been the easiest case they have had, I bet in decades! KWIM?
    God Grant me the serenity to accept those things which I cannot change, the strength to change those things which I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to eeyorelrn For This Useful Post:


  42. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gilligan's Island
    Posts
    1,822
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyorelrn View Post
    MB, I truly hope I didn't give the impression that I think MBPD is doing NOTHING... I know that couldn't be farther from the truth.
    Oh no, I get what you are saying. Sorry for the misunderstanding, my message wasn't directed towards you in any way.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    Love never fails.

    I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:


  44. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Columbia, SC
    Posts
    295
    LOL... I was making sure you didnt think that I thought that... I wish there was more we could do for Her.
    God Grant me the serenity to accept those things which I cannot change, the strength to change those things which I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 617
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 12:51 PM
  2. Replies: 503
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 04:38 AM
  3. Replies: 640
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 12:37 AM
  4. SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6
    By christine2448 in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 924
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
  5. Replies: 634
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 08:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •