Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Brought over last post from last thread:

Originally Posted by -Doc-
Does anyone know what her friends did that night? It has been said PB and his friends went to a party but then decided to leave the party on a Saturday night to go home early. What did her friends do after they found out she was missing?

PB and his friends did not go a party my guess is they went to let people know they were getting out of town, who..? we will never know but I don't know many college boys who leave a co-ed party on a Saturday night to run straight home without even going back to their hotel.

Posted as reply by me ~
Supposedly JO had an "emergency" with her bf UO and spent time at the local PD (however no records can be found of ticket/arrest for UO) and then...

Supposedly JO, AL and PO hung out at the Boardwalk with UO, AH, NC and the rest of that group...and never went back to the BH...

Posted by Strawberry Fields on Thread #6:
"I have not been posting as I really felt I had nothing to add to this discussion, but after recently (a few minutes ago) watching a live news conference regarding another girl that went missing in Virginia while attending a Metallica concert, something really reaches out and grabs me. Why oh why didn't the LE in BD's case keep up with some news conferences and try to get help from the community/public like the LE is doing with MH's case in Virginia. They have flat out stated that they believe the only way this case will be solved is with people that saw Morgan that night coming forward and telling the LE what they saw. They have gone further to state that even if someone thinks what they saw was trivial, no matter how small they think it is, to please just call us and let us determine if it is important. Now looking at Brittanee's case, it is so obvious that the information about her disappearance and her "timeline" as they have put together for Morgan, has not been shared with the public on any sort of regular basis in the beginning so the public could call in any possible sightings of Brittanee. I am in Virginia and very rarely was anything at all mentioned about Brittanee on our local news. I do not like to say this, but I think there are definiely more people than just me thinking this. Money talks. Every person that goes missing deserves as much news coverage as the next, no matter their parents' standing in the community or how much money is put up for a reward. I keep remembering seeing BD's mom and her grandmother making pleas for someone to come forward that saw something but I personally (maybe I missed it) have not heard from LE or anyone other than her relatives saying, "please come forward...we know someone saw something". Not blaming the LE but just think in these two cases, as I have stated...money talks."

To a certin extent, I can completely agree with you, but being in SC, I could almost guarentee you that a lot of this has to do with tourism. It is one of the biggest industries in SC, let alone Horry County, which is where Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand area is located.

Think about it. MB wants to market their town as a friendly place for family vacations. Heck, in MB in the winter months, it becomes a Mini-Canada with all of the visitors coming down for the winter. There are 2 distinct tourism seasons there- granted the Summer is THE season, they still make a lot of money in the winter.

If they have this lingering story in the national media about a teenager coming for Spring Break that mysteriously disappears, and it looks like it is a random kidnapping- it could have a HUGE effect on the local economy.

Am I saying for sure is this why the story has gone quiet? No, absolutely not! However, to think that this wouldn't play some role in it, would be naive IMHO.

I would also venture to say that the fact that the KEY players are all back out of state and MBPD has no authority to haul them in for questioning at this point is probably one of the biggest stumbling blocks to date. The guys hauled badonkadonk the night this occured, and the girls weren't far behind, and none have thus far gone back to get involved in any way, shape or form. THIS has to hurt the investigation majorly on several levels.

All in all, it makes one want to :banghead:, KWIM?

Just MOO.

[/QUOTE]To a certin extent, I can completely agree with you, but being in SC, I could almost guarentee you that a lot of this has to do with tourism. It is one of the biggest industries in SC, let alone Horry County, which is where Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand area is located.

Think about it. MB wants to market their town as a friendly place for family vacations. Heck, in MB in the winter months, it becomes a Mini-Canada with all of the visitors coming down for the winter. There are 2 distinct tourism seasons there- granted the Summer is THE season, they still make a lot of money in the winter.

If they have this lingering story in the national media about a teenager coming for Spring Break that mysteriously disappears, and it looks like it is a random kidnapping- it could have a HUGE effect on the local economy.

Am I saying for sure is this why the story has gone quiet? No, absolutely not! However, to think that this wouldn't play some role in it, would be naive IMHO.

I would also venture to say that the fact that the KEY players are all back out of state and MBPD has no authority to haul them in for questioning at this point is probably one of the biggest stumbling blocks to date. The guys hauled badonkadonk the night this occured, and the girls weren't far behind, and none have thus far gone back to get involved in any way, shape or form. THIS has to hurt the investigation majorly on several levels.

Just MOO.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on that point as well. And there still are several other factors - being politics and another being the economy and cut backs - which I'm sure MBPD (and other LE agencies) have felt as well.

Unfortunately there are other crimes that take precedence over other cases and some cases get pushed back due to lack of evidence and other factors.

But yeah, all in all, this is a tourist town and MB counts on those tourism $$$. From all that's come from this case - People are now seeing that there is more crime in MB than they realized; that MB is considered a runaway haven (of sorts); that people actually go missing in MB. No city, county or town wants any of this (or hints of this) splashed around the media - especially national media.

But the above isn't exclusive to MB... This happens in resort towns and non-resort towns all over the US and the world. It's just sad that there isn't enough man-power and time in the day to cover all of the cases like they need to be.

I'm in no way blaming LE for not having already solving BD's case. There's lots of other factors that keep this case from being solved - the biggest is because no one is talking - no one is coming forth and bringing any kind of evidence that could help solve this missing persons case.

But of course, we are seeing that in a lot of other cases here recently as well...

How does a person just DISAPPEAR?????????? I dont post often - mainly lurk - but these types of cases really bother me. This one, Jennifer Kesse......I mean how does one just disappear?? I know the world's a huge place, but I can't imagine there are too many REALLY remote areas in S.Carolina that NO ONE goes to??

How does a person just DISAPPEAR?????????? I dont post often - mainly lurk - but these types of cases really bother me. This one, Jennifer Kesse......I mean how does one just disappear?? I know the world's a huge place, but I can't imagine there are too many REALLY remote areas in S.Carolina that NO ONE goes to??

Yes, BD just disappeared as well as Jennifer, now we have Morgan Harrington the family of 3 in Oklahoma... People disappear every day apparently. The poor child (Somer Thompson) in FL who was abducted in full daylight in the midst of other children walking home from school. Same with Elizabeth Olten - and searchers had been all over her grave and didn't find it...only when the 15 yr old perp led LE to it was it found... And in all of these cases - seemingly no one saw anything...

If you will google areas in SC - such as the State parks - you will see exactly how much land is remote...thousands and thousands of acres... And from what locals have said...even some of them don't go into these areas...because they are so remote and because the cell phone service isn't so good - not to mention the dangerous critters that inhabit these parts...

Yes, BD just disappeared as well as Jennifer, now we have Morgan Harrington the family of 3 in Oklahoma... People disappear every day apparently. The poor child (Somer Thompson) in FL who was abducted in full daylight in the midst of other children walking home from school. Same with Elizabeth Olten - and searchers had been all over her grave and didn't find it...only when the 15 yr old perp led LE to it was it found... And in all of these cases - seemingly no one saw anything...

If you will google areas in SC - such as the State parks - you will see exactly how much land is remote...thousands and thousands of acres... And from what locals have said...even some of them don't go into these areas...because they are so remote and because the cell phone service isn't so good - not to mention the dangerous critters that inhabit these parts...

ya i didn't realize until after I posted that, that I actually had only been to MB a few times, and I have no clue about the land mass...
I know...it's hard to believe that people just up POOF - disappear on a daily basis. It truly amazes me. I guess, though, you bury someone...how will you be found?
in BD and JK case, though, it seems more a "spur of the moment crime"...I just don't see someone taking the time to BURY them. If that makes any sense....

The kids that she went to MB with know SOMETHING. She wasn't wandering around by herself the whole time she was there. They know the different people that she met and talked to while they were out 'clubbing'. It's probably a friend of a friend (PB) who has a lot of power and influence and they're either too scared to talk or they ended up getting so mad at her that they think she 'got what she deserved'. If they were to talk now, and admit that they knew something crucial to finding her, they'd be in SO much trouble. Their friends, family and all of America would look down on them and they just don't want to risk it. If they could corner those kids and ask a LOT of questions, I'm sure they'd get some info.
The lack of evidence and tips is SO frustrating!

ya i didn't realize until after I posted that, that I actually had only been to MB a few times, and I have no clue about the land mass...
I know...it's hard to believe that people just up POOF - disappear on a daily basis. It truly amazes me. I guess, though, you bury someone...how will you be found?
in BD and JK case, though, it seems more a "spur of the moment crime"...I just don't see someone taking the time to BURY them. If that makes any sense....

Yes that makes sense. Some people go to elaborate lengths to get rid of their victim (like the 15 yr old murderess of the 9 yr old Elizabeth Olten in MO - it is speculated that she actually pre-dug a grave for her victim as LE had been all over that area and not found Elizabeth). Then we have the 7 yr old in FL (Somer Thompson) who was tossed away in garbage... Then there are those like Annie Le & the NYC cleaning lady who are "walled" up in an unlikely place.

Then there's those that are just dumped on the side of the road or taken into a forested area hoping they won't be found or that decomposition of the body will take place quickly so that if the victim is found it will make solving the case harder.

I too feel like BD's possible demise was probably not quite pre-meditated as some crimes are, but nevertheless whoever has her or did away with her has great knowledge of how to go about undetected. To me this is why it appears that a local was involved in this somehow.

I'd be looking at someone who has vast knowledge of the "Low Country" - a hunter, hiker, someone who helps to maintain those state parks...

ive been reading all the remarks,,,a long shot theory,,could be possible,that her body went one way and her cell could been thrown in anothers truck? (like in back of a pickup truck) and MB LE just maybe will never find her if her body left SC? just a thought...

ive been reading all the remarks,,,a long shot theory,,could be possible,that her body went one way and her cell could been thrown in anothers truck? (like in back of a pickup truck) and MB LE just maybe will never find her if her body left SC? just a thought...

That's why it's important to keep up with UIDs everywhere when looking at missing persons cases - with as well developed of a highway system as the US has, it's easy to swiftly transport a body great distances to do a dump.

They found the body of a white female no older than 20 years old was found yesterday near the nc/sc line in York County North carolina.

Female body found in York County
By Steve Lyttle
slyttle@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Friday, Oct. 30, 2009
The York County Sheriff's Office said it has called homicide detectives into the case surrounding the discovery of a white female's body Thursday afternoon.

The body was discovered about 1:15 p.m. in a remote area of northern York County, near the state line. Deputies say the site is along Robinson Road, a little-used gravel road near Lloyd White Road.

A resident spotted the body, and the sheriff's office said it appears the woman was in her 20s. The body had not been at the site very long, deputies say.

Anyone with possible information in the case is asked to call the York County Sheriff's Office, toll-free at 877-409-4321.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/1027319.html

They found the body of a white female no older than 20 years old was found yesterday near the nc/sc line in York County North carolina.

Female body found in York County
By Steve Lyttle
slyttle@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Friday, Oct. 30, 2009
The York County Sheriff's Office said it has called homicide detectives into the case surrounding the discovery of a white female's body Thursday afternoon.

The body was discovered about 1:15 p.m. in a remote area of northern York County, near the state line. Deputies say the site is along Robinson Road, a little-used gravel road near Lloyd White Road.

A resident spotted the body, and the sheriff's office said it appears the woman was in her 20s. The body had not been at the site very long, deputies say.

Anyone with possible information in the case is asked to call the York County Sheriff's Office, toll-free at 877-409-4321.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/1027319.html

BD was 17 and I would think unless they only recently killed her it would have been a skeleton not a body and unidentifiable without some testing.

Posted by Strawberry Fields on Thread #6:
"I have not been posting as I really felt I had nothing to add to this discussion, but after recently (a few minutes ago) watching a live news conference regarding another girl that went missing in Virginia while attending a Metallica concert, something really reaches out and grabs me. Why oh why didn't the LE in BD's case keep up with some news conferences and try to get help from the community/public like the LE is doing with MH's case in Virginia. They have flat out stated that they believe the only way this case will be solved is with people that saw Morgan that night coming forward and telling the LE what they saw. They have gone further to state that even if someone thinks what they saw was trivial, no matter how small they think it is, to please just call us and let us determine if it is important. Now looking at Brittanee's case, it is so obvious that the information about her disappearance and her "timeline" as they have put together for Morgan, has not been shared with the public on any sort of regular basis in the beginning so the public could call in any possible sightings of Brittanee. I am in Virginia and very rarely was anything at all mentioned about Brittanee on our local news. I do not like to say this, but I think there are definiely more people than just me thinking this. Money talks. Every person that goes missing deserves as much news coverage as the next, no matter their parents' standing in the community or how much money is put up for a reward. I keep remembering seeing BD's mom and her grandmother making pleas for someone to come forward that saw something but I personally (maybe I missed it) have not heard from LE or anyone other than her relatives saying, "please come forward...we know someone saw something". Not blaming the LE but just think in these two cases, as I have stated...money talks."

To a certin extent, I can completely agree with you, but being in SC, I could almost guarentee you that a lot of this has to do with tourism. It is one of the biggest industries in SC, let alone Horry County, which is where Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand area is located.

Just MOO.

I live just 45 minutes from MB and everything you posted is totally true. MB will not do anything to hurt the tourist season in any way. It will be kept as quiet as possible. And hushed up as soon as can be. If MB had any LE with cojones, they would go to NY and bring the other players back to SC if need be to question. Instead, they really wish to push it under the rug and wait until it calms down. They will not do anything to stir things up. The guys and gals know what happened to BD. I personally think that they sent her out to buy drugs. She was the youngest so she was chosen to do the deed. These people are the lowest of low cowards. LE in their area could do more too if they wanted to. This is entirely disgusting.

We have a saying in Rochester if you commit a murder here you hire John Parinello. He's the best defense attorney in Rochester. That's what PB did? Makes you go hmmmmm. I 'm from Webster. The town is upscale but the neiborhood where pb lives is upper middle class in our area. My two cents worth. HOpe there is closure on this case we're still watching it closely here.

MBLover:

You figure out which one of her friends was texting PB the most that evening and you will discover who the big players are from Rochester.

So we have Peter leaving a college party on a Saturday night and the kids just hanging out on the boardwalk. That is a pretty boring Saturday night on the last night of vacation. Something tells me their minds were in other places.

MBLover:

You figure out which one of her friends was texting PB the most that evening and you will discover who the big players are from Rochester.

So we have Peter leaving a college party on a Saturday night and the kids just hanging out on the boardwalk. That is a pretty boring Saturday night on the last night of vacation. Something tells me their minds were in other places.

I can only venture a guess on that one (the texting)...no way to confirm it on my end...

But the Boardwalk I was referring to is the Boardwalk Hotel - which is about another 20 blocks from BH in the opposite direction of BWR. But yeah...I agree...minds were in other places...

Between BD and Morgan Harrington, I'm....:banghead:

I live just 45 minutes from MB and everything you posted is totally true. MB will not do anything to hurt the tourist season in any way. It will be kept as quiet as possible. And hushed up as soon as can be. If MB had any LE with cojones, they would go to NY and bring the other players back to SC if need be to question. Instead, they really wish to push it under the rug and wait until it calms down. They will not do anything to stir things up. The guys and gals know what happened to BD. I personally think that they sent her out to buy drugs. She was the youngest so she was chosen to do the deed. These people are the lowest of low cowards. LE in their area could do more too if they wanted to. This is entirely disgusting.

While I agree with you on most of these things you've stated, there's one thing in this post I can't agree with - that LE could do more if they wanted to.

JMO - LE's hands are basically tied... Why? Because there is no crime scene and until there is one what can they do? BD hasn't turned up either way. No one is talking... And if LE just went and hauled in anyone and everyone for anything - no other police work would get done...

I've seen comments that DD has made that she believes (at least at one time she did, I don't personally know if her perception has changed) that LE is doing everything they can and have been keeping her updated regularly.

I will admit, I bashed LE in the beginning. I thought they weren't doing enough or didn't know what they were doing. But the more I've watched other cases the more I've learned. Of course each department has their own way of doing things...however, don't be fooled... LE knows a whole lot more than they ever let the public know - and there are good reasons for that. The top one being evidence for an arrest and trial.

I can only venture a guess on that one (the texting)...no way to confirm it on my end...

But the Boardwalk I was referring to is the Boardwalk Hotel - which is about another 20 blocks from BH in the opposite direction of BWR. But yeah...I agree...minds were in other places...

Between BD and Morgan Harrington, I'm....:banghead:

The kids do not want to burden any blame. Even if they sent her as the drug runner that night, whatever may have happened between her and the drug dealer they feel is not their fault. If they speak the truth they would incriminate others in the process. They probably feel it is not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo