GUILTY FL - Ronkeya Holmes, 29, & MaSarah Ross, 3, Winter Haven, 18 Oct 2009

raysgirl1126

Hampton Roads, Virginia
Reaction score
I have never started a thread before please excuse me if I have done this wrong but I couldn't find this information anywhere on websleuths so I thought I would give it a shot.

Another missing two year old from florida

"Now this morning I get a Google alert about another little girl missing from Winter Haven, Florida as reported late Wednesday afternoon. This time she is 2 1/2 years old, Masaraha Ross and is missing along with her 29 year old mother Ronkeya Holmes and the Winter Haven Police Department Detectives say they might be in danger."

Thanks raysgirl for the article. You are not allowed to post the link in your first post. Anytime a link comes up with asteriks - it means it is not an allowed link at WSs. You can hit the edit button on your post and delete the link, then resave your post.

The article says info on the mom and child is conflicting. I wonder if that means someone is trying to hide information or if mom has taken the child somewhere. If mom is okay, I hope she calls someone she can trust soon to let them know she and the baby are okay.

Prayers for both of them,

Salem

Thanks raysgirl for the article. You are not allowed to post the link in your first post. Anytime a link comes up with asteriks - it means it is not an allowed link at WSs. You can hit the edit button on your post and delete the link, then resave your post.

The article says info on the mom and child is conflicting. I wonder if that means someone is trying to hide information or if mom has taken the child somewhere. If mom is okay, I hope she calls someone she can trust soon to let them know she and the baby are okay.

Prayers for both of them,

Salem

Thanks so much Salem!

Winter Haven police looking for 2 1/2-year-old girl

WINTER HAVEN - Winter Haven Police Department detectives are searching for a 2 1/2-year-old girl who they say might be in danger.

Holmes The girl, Masaraha Ross, was last known to be in the company of her mother, 29-year-old Ronkeya Holmes, who also is missing, the police department reported late Wednesday afternoon.

Masaraha is black with black hair and black eyes, according to a missing persons flyer released by the police department. She stands about 38 inches tall and weighs about 30 pounds.

There are conflicting stories about the last known location of the missing girl and mother, but witness statements place them in either the Winter Haven or Haines City areas, according to Sgt. Brad Coleman, a spokesman for the police department

http://www.newschief.com/article/20...-Haven-police-looking-for-2-1-2-year-old-girl

Police Searching for Missing Girl

Published: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 6:49 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 6:55 p.m

Police said Masaraha Ross was last known to be with her mother, 29-year-old Ronkeya Holmes, 29, who is also missing. Police would not say why they consider the child to be endangered.

The child and Holmes, who is from Georgia, were last seen Oct. 18 at a Walmart store in Haines City, said Winter Haven police Detective Amity McGee.

Holmes came to Polk to pick up her daughter who was visiting with relatives. When family members did not hear from Holmes, they notified police, McGee said

http://www.theledger.com/article/20091028/NEWS/910289949?Title=Police-Searching-for-Missing-Girl

According to NG, 10-29-2009, only the child is considered to be in danger...not the Mom. Also, Miss Nancy suggested that the relatives had custody of little Masaraha, not the Mom. Hmmm. I am not saying NG always gets it right, but it is something to ponder.

I was going to start thread on this in "Missing/Located" b/c I didn't see one. I had to search to find the name. Perhaps someone should move it there? I don't mind starting one but I thought one of you may want to since you guys started it already...

WHPD says little girl, mother remain missing

WINTER HAVEN - Authorities from several law enforcement agencies continue to investigate the disappearance of 3 1/2 year-old-Masaraha Ross, but they have not issued an Amber Alert.

Sgt. Brad Coleman, a spokesman for the Winter Haven Police Department, said Friday morning that an Amber Alert has not been issued because this case doesn’t quality. He said Masaraha is with her mother, Ronkeya Holmes, 29, who has legal custody of the child.

Mother and daughter - whose age was corrected by police from 2 1/2 years old to 3 1/2 years old Friday afternoon - were reported missing late Wednesday afternoon.

(snipped)

http://www.newschief.com/article/20...=WHPD-says-little-girl-mother-remain-missing#

bilde

Question about this- why does the link show up? I don't see any asterisks is the link. Does just the poster see I that? Thanks.

I deleted the link. It was in my first post. The link in the second post was ok.

Last month, the 29-year-old mother drove from her home in Savannah, Georgia to pick up Ross at her father's house in Winter Haven.

The father says he dropped the girl off with her mother at a Wal-mart in Haines City October 8. Later that evening, Holmes' car was impounded in Lake Mary. Joseph Wilcox, a cousin of the girl's father, was driving it.

Holmes' family lives in Georgia. Bay News 9 is told her family members have come to the Winter Haven Police Department to speak with officers several times in the last few weeks. But, we're told the little girl's father and his family aren't cooperating.

"At this point, he's not even returning our detectives' phone calls," Coleman said.

Baynews9.com

This story is really kind of bizarre. The timeline is weird. The part about Wilcox driving the later impounded car is interesting, but then the article references a phone call mom made to her sister, two days later! Did she loan the car to Wilcox and that's why she had to be dropped off at the Walmart? Did she show any warning signs to her sister on that phone call? If Wilcox has her car (does he still have it, is it impounded, or was it given back) then she couldn't have gotten far unless she took a bus. At that point, I'd assume she'd be traveling under an assumed name for LE not to know she's left the area.

Someone in those comments has an interesting theory: she thinks perhaps the little girl was gone before Holmes got there and then as Holmes realized something was up, they offed her as well. Could they have kept her spinning her wheels for a couple days by telling her some KC-esque story?

I swear, Polk County. If Florida has some weird propensity toward awful crimes, then Polk is one of the epicenters.

Anyway, the father not cooperating is such a huge red flag. It'd almost seem obvious that someone in the family is involved, unless LE has been harassing the family and they're reacting defensively. Either way, you'd think the dad would push that aside to help find that little girl.

It makes me wonder again if little Masaraha was long gone before Ronkeya was supposed to meet her. It just reeks of some kind of trap. I just still don't understand the phone call. Did Ronkeya really call her sister? Because the original article made it sound like she talked to the sister two days AFTER she was dropped off at Walmart. It's confusing.

ETA: I just read the timeline. Wow. That's pretty in-depth, and just confirms my belief that maybe Masaraha was used to get her down there. Maybe Masaraha is still alive somewhere, but why would Ronkeya just disappear if not by foul play?

Explains the phone call, though..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back