Steven Soderbergh will direct a play about Casey called "Tot Mom"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitizenKim

Sleuthy for Truthiness.
Reaction score
Website
www.citizenkim.com
The play, "Tot Mom" will be on stage in Australia from December 18 to January 31. Staging down under evidently prevents having to compensate anyone for source material. The play will use excerpts from transcripts of Nancy Grace’s show, court documents and police reports.

Essie Davis will play Nancy Grace and I think Genevieve Hegney will play Casey, both are Aussie actresses.

This is just bizarre. I wonder what prompted him to do this? It's exceedingly strange but I do love Soderbergh and have always wanted to go to Australia. This case just gets weirder and weirder. :waitasec:

Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Concerns?

KC the musical?

God help us all... we are truly doomed as a species!

KC the musical?

I know, right? Get your hand basket all picked out.

It's strange and creepy and I just picture Casey somehow getting a real big head about it. I can't even imagine Jose- he's really going to be in a twist. UGH!

The play, "Tot Mom" will be on stage in Australia from December 18 to January 31. Staging down under evidently prevents having to compensate anyone for source material. The play will use excerpts from transcripts of Nancy Grace’s show, court documents and police reports.

Essie Davis will play Nancy Grace and I think Genevieve Hegney will play Casey, both are Aussie actresses.

This is just bizarre. I wonder what prompted him to do this? It's exceedingly strange but I do love Soderbergh and have always wanted to go to Australia. This case just gets weirder and weirder. :waitasec:

Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Concerns?

Are G & C directing? And the money keeps rolling in.....

I think that in KC's world, this had better go Broadway or she'll sic CA on them. CA is the QSB (Queen Spiteful B). Wonder if CA has her tickets for Australia booked.. I'll bet she is already having BC look into international intellectual property laws. She's already tried to copyright Caylee Marie Anthony. How pathetic that these people don't act like the only reason they are even in the news is because their daughter might be a Lizzie Borden wanna-be; a shiftless, lazy party girl who mostly likely murdered her baby in cold blood. And I used to think Jerry Springer guests were desperate.

I have been looking for the last 40 minutes to find a connection to the players. I think I have a determined a few loose connections with Globe Magazine...which published the infamous "big trouble" photo which is thought to have been sold by KC herself. Anyone care to dive in and sleuth to tie this announcement to Globe Magazine. I think it is a very real possibility that this can be linked to good ol JB.

I wonder if Adam Sandler is heading down under? I'm pretty sure there would be one good part in particular for a comedian.

It's interesting to read the reactions to this announcement. Personally, my first thought was that this was just one item the State could add to its list of reasons why a change of venue would be useless!

I have a mental list of other things the State could cite: Baez & Co.'s numerous national media appearances, Cindy and George's public behaviior and national media appearances, the fact that Baez & Co.'s appendices include national media and blogs which are not limited to Orlando.

FYI, I'm thinking that there's no money connection here. Anyone can write a book or produce a play about the case, just not the AUTHORIZED version.

This just in, Roy Kronk will now be available to play himself in the play if they need him since he was terminated from his position as a meter reader.

What I really think about tot mom the play.... I think someone will probably make a lot of money from it. It was inevitable that books, movies and plays I guess would be made from this story. I just really didnt think books and plays would be out before the trial even started. It is tragic that Caylee never made it to her third birthday, but I believe she is in a far better place than we are and does not care about the moneygrubbing schemes that are being concocted using her unasked for fame. Some people will use the popularity of the case for monetary gain and really the only thing we can do about that is not go see the play, buy the book or see the movie. If we do go to the play then we are paying them to exploit the popularity of the case.

It's just wrong. I don't think there should ever be movies/plays/books etc. for any currently active case/trial.

No matter what the law says about SS not having to pay anyone for the right to use any of the Anthony-related material, Cindy will attempt to sue him anyway. You may mark my words! :)

What I really think about tot mom the play.... I think someone will probably make a lot of money from it. It was inevitable that books, movies and plays I guess would be made from this story. I just really didnt think books and plays would be out before the trial even started. It is tragic that Caylee never made it to her third birthday, but I believe she is in a far better place than we are and does not care about the moneygrubbing schemes that are being concocted using her unasked for fame. Some people will use the popularity of the case for monetary gain and really the only thing we can do about that is not go see the play, buy the book or see the movie. If we do go to the play then we are paying them to exploit the popularity of the case.

I agree. Shame about her family though, her grandparents are the worst exploiters. Blood money doesn't seem to bother them.

I agree. Shame about her family though, her grandparents are the worst exploiters. Blood money doesn't seem to bother them.
what do you think...KC and family are flattered?
The sign of a true narcissist: to be flattered that a famous playwright wrote a play about how I (possibly) killed my daughter

what do you think...KC and family are flattered?
The sign of a true narcissist: to be flattered that a famous playwright wrote a play about how I (possibly) killed my daughter

Maybe KC will write a similar book to O.J.- "If I did it" and donate the proceeds to her parents 'foundation'. :sick:

O/T - Roy Kronk was terminated?

Yes, not clear all that went on but his employers were scheduled to meet with him for a 'disciplinary hearing' but he did not attend so they terminated him.
At dispute is a possible work injury to his neck and shoulders - they said "he can no longer perform the essential functions of the job" so they let him go. Stay tuned..

Okay - this just sent me into the stratosphere. It reminded me of a play I saw years ago by Brecht called "The Resistable Rise of Arturo Ui". It concerns a fictional Chicago mob boss who is muscling into the cauliflower trade. Since it is also a parody of Adolph Hitler, the actor playing Ui is dressed like him. It's a very dark little comedy.

I can only imagine this would be done in the same vein. I know the parallel is a stretch, but you get my meaning. Theater of the Absurd...

KC the musical?

:eek: It's a MUSICAL? Please someone tell me this can't be happening. A play is bad enough, but a musical??? Who in their right mind could write entertaining songs about this tragedy? This is not "Phantom of the Opera."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!