NV - Dad shoots mom, abducts 3 daughters after sexual abuse charges

Doyle

Reaction score
Website
www.
A teenage girl shot and killed her father Wednesday after he kidnapped her and two sisters at gunpoint and shot their mother in the face, authorities said.

The man was found dead in his car near a park about 30 miles east of Carson City, authorities said. He apparently had been drinking heavily and fell asleep, giving the girl the opportunity to shoot him.

Police had been looking for the girls since early Wednesday when their mother, Cindy Ball, called to say she had been shot by her estranged husband, Walter N. Ball, and he had abducted the girls.

"Detectives are investigating the possibility that Ball sexually abused the victims during the kidnapping," Lyon County Sheriff's Capt. Jeff Page told the Nevada Appeal. "There's no rhyme, there's no reason. This is simply the most evil thing I've ever heard of in my career."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/24/national/main625859.shtml?cmp=EM8705

I just read the article and I am totally speachless, this is why....

snippet..
The 43-year-old Ball had been released on bail last week on felony charges of sexual assault, incest and assault with a deadly weapon.

He had been served with a temporary protective order June 1, brought against him by one of his daughters, the Nevada Appeal reported. In the order, the girl said her father had held a gun to her head and pulled the trigger after sexually assaulting her. The weapon was apparently empty at the time.

:furious: How could they let this wierdo out on bail. :furious:

~aussieblue~

I really feel for this family.

It is a terrible thing having something happen to you, but when it is your own father who is the culprit, it is heartbreaking to see.

Those brave girls. Especially the one who pulled the trigger! I can't help but feel that way. Incest has to be the most despicable of crimes. And one account I read said he forced them to disrobe at gunpoint PRIOR to getting in the car. eegards. It will be a long road to healing for these girls but I am going to keep them in my prayers. L

aussieblue said:
I just read the article and I am totally speachless, this is why....

snippet..
The 43-year-old Ball had been released on bail last week on felony charges of sexual assault, incest and assault with a deadly weapon.

He had been served with a temporary protective order June 1, brought against him by one of his daughters, the Nevada Appeal reported. In the order, the girl said her father had held a gun to her head and pulled the trigger after sexually assaulting her. The weapon was apparently empty at the time.

:furious: How could they let this wierdo out on bail. :furious:

~aussieblue~
***Sarcasm Alert on***
Well, because he didn't KILL anyone, and obviously sexual assault is not so terrible a crime as to keep people locked up and away from the person they assaulted.
****Sarcasm Alert off***

It appalls me that sexual assault of this type is treated so lightly. As if a restraining order would stop someone like this.

I say hurray for the daughter who killed her father. Yes, it's sad that she had to take justice into her own hands because the law wouldn't protect her or her sisters, and yes, they will have a long road towards healing. But that's one less evil perp in this world. He got what he had coming to him. She had a lot of guts and may have saved the lives of all three girls.

I agree with everyone, this is a terrible thing. My heart goes out to the mother who was shot in the face, is she still living or did this cause her death. The girls I pray will overcome this. It will be a tough road ahead.
I hope they aren't going to charge this young girl with murder. From what I have read so far it seems like it would be self defense. Don't you think?
Has anyone heard any more about this? I would be curious to know how this all turns out.

Ja1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back