1056 users online (271 members and 785 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Linda Drane-Burdick in action / 20th anniversary

Today is LDB's 20th anniversary as a prosecutor. Thought she deserved props for that, and for being one of the most level-headed players in this case.
    An LDB appreciation thread!

She won a conviction today in a rape trial (2 illegal immigrants kidnapped and raped a 12-year-old girl), and here is a little bit of footage of her in the courtroom doing her closing statement from that trial. A small precursor for Casey's trial.
    MyFoxOrlando also had some footage on their 5 PM newscast, not up on their website yet.

About 1:20 into the vid:
    http://www.wesh.com/news/21476544/detail.html

Last edited by Muzikman; 10-30-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Corrected link

MM, is that the right link?

She deserves big props for her 20 years. She's a great prosecutor and deserves a big congrats on her win today.

Quote Originally Posted by QB. View Post
    MM, is that the right link?
    Was not, I fixed it. Thanks for the early heads-up!

I found the vid on WFTV here http://www.wftv.com/news/21476757/detail.html

I'm so glad that the news stations are all putting this up.

No video....?

LDB was tough on them, can't wait for the big event in the kc case.

Have to say, one of the defendants was reduced to tears while the other was arrogant, laughing and sexually suggestive with the microphone - evil .
    Last edited by QB.; 10-30-2009 at 06:04 PM.

I have been quite impressed with what I have seen of Ms. LDB. One hundred eighty degrees different than what I have seen of the defense.

All I can say is that Muzikman is going to be in heaven come trial time because "LDB is gonna ROCK THE HOUSE!"

An aside.......Does anyone else remember some of the discussion that took place here on WS discussing the similarity between Juan M. and the POI in the Jennifer Kesse case? After seeing his face close up in the video, I have to say it may be worth looking into again. His facial profile is rather distinct. Won't cloud this thread with OT...just wanted to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    An aside.......Does anyone else remember some of the discussion that took place here on WS discussing the similarity between Juan M. and the POI in the Jennifer Kesse case? After seeing his face close up in the video, I have to say it may be worth looking into again. His facial profile is rather distinct. Won't cloud this thread with OT...just wanted to mention it.
    There is a J Kesse thread in the Missing Persons forum, might be worth mentioning there... some sleuthing could be done to see how long these guys have been in the states.

Linda Drane-Burdick is a class act. In the Casey Anthony hearings, I have been really impressed how smart, quick and calm she has been. Congratulations on 20 years......that's quite an accomplishment!

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    There is a J Kesse thread in the Missing Persons forum, might be worth mentioning there... some sleuthing could be done to see how long these guys have been in the states.
    I was there quite often for a while.* It was brought up there, but nothing ever materialized.* Perhaps because any photos or video were not close up.* I'll post again.* There was a theory that KC's gait resembled the POI...then these two characters surfaced and JM seemed to have a similar profile.* Sorry for the OT...but technically because my post includes LDB, KC, and the convicted rapists I guess I can squeak by.

Go Linda! Congrats on 20 years. That's a great accomplishment.
    I am so glad she helped to put those two animals in prison for a long time.
    And I am so glad she is prosecuting KC's case. She has knowledge, talent, experience and professionalism. This quote from her closing arguments today in the rape case could very well be heard in the future at KC's trial:

“There's actually no evidentiary support for a word that you have said and that your story, if you want to call it that, is not worthy of belief,” Drane-Burdick argued Friday.

Linda,
    Congrats on 20 yrs ! Love watching you in action !

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast