Linda Drane-Burdick in action / 20th anniversary

Muzikman

ROCKIN!
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com
Today is LDB's 20th anniversary as a prosecutor. Thought she deserved props for that, and for being one of the most level-headed players in this case.
An LDB appreciation thread! :)

She won a conviction today in a rape trial (2 illegal immigrants kidnapped and raped a 12-year-old girl), and here is a little bit of footage of her in the courtroom doing her closing statement from that trial. A small precursor for Casey's trial.
MyFoxOrlando also had some footage on their 5 PM newscast, not up on their website yet.

About 1:20 into the vid:
http://www.wesh.com/news/21476544/detail.html

She deserves big props for her 20 years. She's a great prosecutor and deserves a big congrats on her win today.

LDB was tough on them, can't wait for the big event in the kc case.

Have to say, one of the defendants was reduced to tears while the other was arrogant, laughing and sexually suggestive with the microphone - evil .

I have been quite impressed with what I have seen of Ms. LDB. One hundred eighty degrees different than what I have seen of the defense.

All I can say is that Muzikman is going to be in heaven come trial time because "LDB is gonna ROCK THE HOUSE!"

An aside.......Does anyone else remember some of the discussion that took place here on WS discussing the similarity between Juan M. and the POI in the Jennifer Kesse case? After seeing his face close up in the video, I have to say it may be worth looking into again. His facial profile is rather distinct. Won't cloud this thread with OT...just wanted to mention it.

An aside.......Does anyone else remember some of the discussion that took place here on WS discussing the similarity between Juan M. and the POI in the Jennifer Kesse case? After seeing his face close up in the video, I have to say it may be worth looking into again. His facial profile is rather distinct. Won't cloud this thread with OT...just wanted to mention it.

There is a J Kesse thread in the Missing Persons forum, might be worth mentioning there... some sleuthing could be done to see how long these guys have been in the states. :)

Linda Drane-Burdick is a class act. In the Casey Anthony hearings, I have been really impressed how smart, quick and calm she has been. Congratulations on 20 years......that's quite an accomplishment!

There is a J Kesse thread in the Missing Persons forum, might be worth mentioning there... some sleuthing could be done to see how long these guys have been in the states. :)
I was there quite often for a while.* It was brought up there, but nothing ever materialized.* Perhaps because any photos or video were not close up.* I'll post again.* There was a theory that KC's gait resembled the POI...then these two characters surfaced and JM seemed to have a similar profile.* Sorry for the OT...but technically because my post includes LDB, KC, and the convicted rapists I guess I can squeak by.

Go Linda! Congrats on 20 years. That's a great accomplishment.
I am so glad she helped to put those two animals in prison for a long time.
And I am so glad she is prosecuting KC's case. She has knowledge, talent, experience and professionalism. This quote from her closing arguments today in the rape case could very well be heard in the future at KC's trial:

“There's actually no evidentiary support for a word that you have said and that your story, if you want to call it that, is not worthy of belief,” Drane-Burdick argued Friday.

Linda,
Congrats on 20 yrs ! Love watching you in action !

Linda is a terrific role model for my daughter......the daughter of a male attorney who wants to become a strong, intelligent female prosecutor herself! :) I congratulate her on 20 years of being the voice of the victim. She will fight for Caylee and will expose the lies and arrogance of the Anthony family once and for all. God Bless You Linda!!!

Congrats to her! She and Mr. Ashton seem very professional and experienced, and I'm sure they'll put the defense through their paces when this case finally goes to trial. I can't wait to see them in action next summer!

What a sight it will be to see LDB direct her opening to Casey with finger pointed
and begin to lay out how she caused the death of beautiful little Caylee.
For the first time in her life Casey wont be able to open her mouth. No four letter
words, nada. Just sit there and listen. The most important part for me will be that
this will finally be all about Caylee. IMO

And I can't wait to see JB grimace and shift as LDB lofts barbs right at em. And I bet CA will have to be drugged AND restrained from outbursts. I fully expect to hear SS threaten CA with contempt at some point and it won't be due to testimony. A question......will CA be allowed in the courtroom prior to being called to the stand???

I share in all the congrats. I personally know (through friends) the toll it takes on good prosecutors. The hours, the emotional strain,the personal sacrifices their families make. It is a very hard and thankless job and to stay with it for 20 years is beyond dedicated. KUDOS

With that said, I have been so impressed with the way the prosecutors have handled themselves in this case. Seeing the crack defense team go on 48 hours and blasting them and not being able to respond. It would be impossible to keep my mouth shut. Couldn't do it.

If these prosecutors would write a book after Casey is put away, I would think it would be a best seller. I think it would be fascinating to hear all the behind the scenes work that has been done and how they have felt about the defense bashing them whenever possible, the things none of us have been privvy to. I think we got a glimpse of how they felt during the last hearing when she stated that she was protecting "Caylee" not the family in the courtroom. LOVED IT!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back