Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Linda Drane-Burdick in action / 20th anniversary

I appreciate all your fantastic work on Caylee's behalf!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

I had read the article w/ comments from LDB's mom, but am just reading the one with addl. comments from dad and sister. As a "daddy's girl" and a "little sister" myself, this one really touched me.

I noticed a link to the article is posted on previous page, but obviously I missed this the first time around...so am bumping up for LDB and the prosecution team!

Oh...the article also mentions comments from her extended family, (cousins, uncles, etc.)...they think she's awesome, as do I! LOL!

IMO, this is a must read...it really shows the foundation for LDB's apparently strong family values.

snip (some highlights)>>

"I wasn't the least bit surprised," he said. "She's got 20 years of experience in child abuse and child sex cases and worked in homicide cases."

"She's tried numerous high profile cases over the years, Drane said. "This isn't her first rodeo."

...An Oakmont resident, exchanged e-mails with her older sister a short time after the verdict was rendered.

"She said she's OK and she'll call me later," "She said she thought she did the best she could. She just wanted to do her job. You just can't predict what a jury is going to do."

Drane said her sister is a passionate advocate for victims of often-nightmarish crimes.

"You know how sisters are, growing up close in age," Cindy said. "She was always telling on me when I would do something wrong."

He said that his cousin was always "very smart and very attentive" as a student.

"I taped it every day and then watched it when I got home from work, fast-forwarding through the defense," she said.

"I wouldn't expect her to be on TV every day," she said. " It's kind of strange. I get to come home and watch my sister on TV."

She said her sister does not fall prey to the high-profile hype, describing her as "steady."

But the attention was starting to be a distraction as the trial wound down, with people at the supermarket starting to recognize her from TV and publications.

"I told her to put her hair in a pony tail , wear a hat and put on dark glasses," Cindy Drane said.

"Geraldo Rivera came up to her and introduced himself, but she told him she couldn't talk to him"....

"You'll find one thing out about Linda -- she plays by the rules, her ethics are high,"

Much more at link:

Read more: Prosecutor in Casey Anthony case makes A-K family proud - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1SUeKoUd8

Read more: Prosecutor in Casey Anthony case makes A-K family proud - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1SUbiWg37

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:

I absolutely LOVE Linda Drane Burdick. She is the anti-"Sleazy Lawyer", in my opinion. She gives me hope that there IS justice out there somewhere, and makes me proud of professional women everywhere. You go, girl! Linda, you rock!

She is a wonderful Pros and did her best in that trial. It's to bad when the defense can get up there and lie and get away with it. The jury believing every word that defense attorney said.

I would never have dreamed that Linda had been in practice for 20 years!She must have started out when she was 5!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bobbisangel For This Useful Post:

I loved watching Ms.Drane-Burdick. She, nor the other defense team members, should hold their head no lower than high. Great job.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stephr For This Useful Post:

I would give anything if the SA office would allow her to be interviewed. I have worried about her so much. What a fantastic job she did all the way through. Telling CM "No"....priceless!

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spyhouston For This Useful Post:

There couldn't have been a better fighter for justice for Caylee Marie. I found that the poise and professionalism of Ms. Drane-Burdick will remain one of the warmest memories I hold of this trial. She put her heart and soul into this trial, and she didn't stoop down to the lower-than-low level of the DT. I wish the jury had really listened to her. They got it all wrong and went for the razzle-dazzle, but I have faith that Karma will right some of the wrongs. LDB is truly a woman to be reckoned with and she is gorgeous as well as a passionate fighter for justice. May her future brighten with each new case that comes her way.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caligram For This Useful Post:

This is the only Support Thread I found for LDB specifically so I will post here
    Thanks to Karma for posting it in the Daily News Thread

http://www.wftv.com/weblogs/sheaffer...a-drane-judge/ VIDEO

Sheaffer Says: Judge Burdick?

Linda Drane Burdick, is now throwing her hat in the ring to become a judge.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Bumping Linda to the top! She finally speaks out a bit. Love this woman!

Iron Lady - Orlando Home & Leisure

oh, the iorny in the title of this article! lol
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

wonders is online now My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by beach View Post

Linda Drane-Burdick is A one in my book. The only attorney who hasn't exploited Caylee in any way. I hope she always remains the classy lady that she is. She outshines all of them including Judge Belvin Perry.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

atthelake is offline Walking on ice these days, glad it's a thick glacier!

.............Casey Anthony was first arrested on July 16, 2008, and charged with giving false statements to a law-enforcement officer, child neglect and obstruction of a criminal investigation. The judge denied bail, saying Anthony had shown “woeful disregard for the welfare of her child.”........

But the jurors couldn't even state to the lesser charge that she was neglectful or that she was the caretaker

ETA: that the investigation of Child Services report came out AFTER THE TRIAL!!!!
    Last edited by atthelake; 06-03-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Remembered to add re Child Services report that she WAS responsible came out after trial

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    .............Casey Anthony was first arrested on July 16, 2008, and charged with giving false statements to a law-enforcement officer, child neglect and obstruction of a criminal investigation. The judge denied bail, saying Anthony had shown “woeful disregard for the welfare of her child.”........

But the jurors couldn't even state to the lesser charge that she was neglectful or that she was the caretaker

ETA: that the investigation of Child Services report came out AFTER THE TRIAL!!!!
    it's still a hard pill to swallow.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Thanks beachy, great article. LDB is the best, hands down. Did you notice how many times the writer used the word irony? Made me snicker.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
    In searching truTV/InSession for the verdict in a specific case, I came across this information:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/...own_119687.asp

. Effective Nov. 16, production of trial coverage for IN SESSION will shift to HLN.
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    . Effective Nov. 16, production of trial coverage for IN SESSION will shift to HLN.
    Hi Tulessa, wasn't that an article from 2009?

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsitra01 View Post
    Hi Tulessa, wasn't that an article from 2009?
    You know, I didn't check the date lol.
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    You know, I didn't check the date lol.
    Lol .....I' ve done that before

32. The Following User Says Thank You to tsitra01 For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456