1065 users online (275 members and 790 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Not Of This World
    Posts
    21,642

    Time To "Fall Back" One Hour

    Daylight Saving Time ends Sunday morning, November 1, at 2am. Set your clocks BACK one hour. (That means MORE SLEEP! Woo hoo!)


    Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

    Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

    10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

    Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

    Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871
    Thanks for the reminder, Dark Knight.

    I work the graveyard shift that night (10pm-6am).

    Does this mean I will be working an extra (unpaid) hour?

    I think it does. Ugh.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  3. #3
    poco's Avatar
    poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Flora-frickin-duh
    Posts
    38,905
    Does that mean that I'll wake up at 3 a.m. tomorrow morning instead of 4 a.m. - ugh!

    So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Daylight Saving Time ends Sunday morning, November 1, at 2am. Set your clocks BACK one hour. (That means MORE SLEEP! Woo hoo!)
    Dude, for someone who has the flu, you are doing an awesome job of keeping the rest of us up to date! God's blessings to you, Get well soon!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    remotely
    Posts
    42,943
    Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, Dark Knight.

    I work the graveyard shift that night (10pm-6am).

    Does this mean I will be working an extra (unpaid) hour?

    I think it does. Ugh.
    No, it does not. Dont ever work for free! I am not talking about volunteer work. When you get off your shift at 6am move the clock back an hour and go home.

    You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.


    My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.



    Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.




    http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    4,217

    Exclamation No, I'm not changing my clock tonight

    Thanks for the reminder. But, it's not something (re-setting clocks) we do here in Arizona. Except in the northern most corner of the state on the reservation. I guess if we did fall back, darkness would not come until 11 p.m or something like that. Instead we let the rest of you re-figure your clocks so we don't have to. It's confusing for us, cause half the year we are the same time at California, the other half we're an hour different from California but only two hours from Florida. And one from the midwest. Or, it it the other way around? See what I mean?
    To make it even more crazier, doesn't part of the state of Indiana not reset their clocks either? So the state is divided into two different time zones? Any of you Hoosier's know?
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,681
    Oh no! This means that the baby will be getting up at 5:00 instead of 6:00!

    My poor husband!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    AZ/IL
    Posts
    263
    Thanks for the reminder Dark Knight, hope you feel better soon.

    I solved the problem of time zones when I moved here to Arizona,

    the house had nothing in it, so I bought interesting wall clocks

    and have them set to the different times. At a glance, I can

    see what time it is, here, a my mother's in Florida, and hubby in Illinois,

    plus the darn grandkids don't echo off the empty walls quite so loudly.


    Rest in Peace

    Sweet Sandra Cantu

  9. #9
    Laece's Avatar
    Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
    Oh no! This means that the baby will be getting up at 5:00 instead of 6:00!

    My poor husband!!
    Well...no and yes. It won't actually be earlier, and he'll have slept another hour.
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

    just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

    You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

    You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.



    Just stop it, Casey.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871
    Quote Originally Posted by arielilane View Post
    No, it does not. Dont ever work for free! I am not talking about volunteer work. When you get off your shift at 6am move the clock back an hour and go home.
    Oh! I just LOVE the way you think!
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,784
    Oh man - now I just feel guilty for not staying up and working tonight. Rats.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Not Of This World
    Posts
    21,642
    Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    Dude, for someone who has the flu, you are doing an awesome job of keeping the rest of us up to date! God's blessings to you, Get well soon!
    Thanks, sweetie! I am hanging in there.


    Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

    Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

    10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

    Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

    Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Straight till you get to Jacket Rd.
    Posts
    7,544
    Quote Originally Posted by azwriter View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. But, it's not something (re-setting clocks) we do here in Arizona. Except in the northern most corner of the state on the reservation. I guess if we did fall back, darkness would not come until 11 p.m or something like that. Instead we let the rest of you re-figure your clocks so we don't have to. It's confusing for us, cause half the year we are the same time at California, the other half we're an hour different from California but only two hours from Florida. And one from the midwest. Or, it it the other way around? See what I mean?
    To make it even more crazier, doesn't part of the state of Indiana not reset their clocks either? So the state is divided into two different time zones? Any of you Hoosier's know?
    Yes, thats what I loved about living in Tucson, AZ..I never had to change the clocks..Also when I lived in Cincinnati, right across the river from Indiana, southern Indiana never changed the clocks either. Just 2 places in the US that have this luxury..I like the Fall where I can fall back But NEVER want to spring forward..
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4
    Indiana now observes daylight savings time. However, the state is divided into two different time zones. When they made the switch a few years ago the cities (or maybe it was counties, I can't remember) were given the option to petition to be on Central time if they were on the west side of the state.

    Personally, I hate changing time. I wish we would go back to the way it used to be. Central time part of the year and Eastern the other part.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,450
    Bill Nye (scientist) has a good column on daylight savings time. Scroll down to Ben Franklin's joke for the most interesting part of the column.

    http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/Featur...Time&GT1=27004

    "At world stock markets, for example, one estimate claims that $31 billion leaks away in the confusion every year. Airline schedules are just a pain in the neck when the clocks are messed with."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-25-2013, 03:31 PM
  2. GUILTY TX - Dr. Calvin Day for sexual assault of patient, San Antonio, 2013
    By wfgodot in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 10:02 AM
  3. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM
  4. Time To "Spring Forward" One Hour This Weekend
    By Dark Knight in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 03:57 PM