655 users online (82 members and 573 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I think she's on the younger side of the 18-28 range if not even younger than that range - because - as the other person noted - Hollister is a brand worn by high school kids. But my main reason is that she was wearing toe socks. To me, toe socks are something that kids wear in junior high and high school. I can't even imagine college kids wearing toe socks and definitely not adults..

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcamille View Post
    I saw an interview last night with the man who found the body and he said that he first saw her leg and it looked like a mannequin's leg, so he thought it was someone playing a Halloween prank. That comment leads me to believe she did not have on the jeans.

He also said that her shirt was pulled up over head - my first thought was as if she had been dragged, but the location she was found was in a ditch as if she had been dumped from a car.
    Is there a link for that video?

Thanks!
    Snuf
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Snufamonbobball View Post
    Is there a link for that video?

Thanks!
    Snuf
    http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11409862 - there are three videos on this story at this site.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/...26542f5cf.html - in the comments below this story, there are multiple people wondering if it could be the missing Virginia Tech student, but I believe she has blonde hair.

Her jeans were found near her body. She was wearing the t shirt.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Clothes don't match body

Here's what bothers me, the clothes that were found with her, don't match the body description.

We know she was wearing the shirt when she was found, we know she was not wearing the jeans. They were found near her.

She is described as 150-160 pounds - the jeans are listed as a size 5. www.heraldonline.com - there is no way that a woman who is 150-160 pounds can wear a size 5 in jeans.

Plus, I have previously described my doubts about a woman that age wearing toe socks. I wonder what size the sneakers are and if she had them on or were they found with her. The shoes look brand new.

I would assume that one of the ways they determined the age range is by whether she had her wisdom teeth or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jcamille View Post
    Here's what bothers me, the clothes that were found with her, don't match the body description.

We know she was wearing the shirt when she was found, we know she was not wearing the jeans. They were found near her.

She is described as 150-160 pounds - the jeans are listed as a size 5. www.heraldonline.com - there is no way that a woman who is 150-160 pounds can wear a size 5 in jeans.

Plus, I have previously described my doubts about a woman that age wearing toe socks. I wonder what size the sneakers are and if she had them on or were they found with her. The shoes look brand new.

I would assume that one of the ways they determined the age range is by whether she had her wisdom teeth or not.
    Well, they do say the area where she was found was a bit of a party spot, I wouldn't be surprised to find the clothes weren't hers. The size in clothing doesn't match the size of body. And the clothing doesn't seem to match the age range.
    If it helps, for comparison only, I am almost 24, have that pair of jeans shown, ironically, in a size 5, I have several hoodies, many of which I don't wear anymore, and I think I do own a pair of toe socks, although it has been awhile since I've worn them. (Like 2 years.)
    I started to think about this woman last night, and I think it's possible that she may have left home in a hurry, either to help a friend in need, or because she was forced to get dressed fast. The pants I would bet aren't hers, they either came from the home or place where she died, since they think she was dumped there, or they were left after a party.
    Just an observation that popped into my head. If I were to get dressed in a hurry, I might end up in the same basic set of clothes, and people would think they were too "young" for my actual age.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

I'm fairly new to this part of the forum, so I've been trying to rule out various things. One idea I had was that maybe she was in Clover because of an event, maybe a Ren Fair, craft show, etc. However, I searched the town of Clover's website and found nothing recent.

Also, I thought she might have been headed to Charlotte for the Festival in the Park, but that looks like it was in September: http://www.festivalinthepark.org/mainstage.htm

Fwiw, my hunch is that she's a runaway from Georgia. I don't know why I feel that way, so please don't base anything on it, it's just something that keeps popping into my head.

Have you searched for missing runaways from Georgia?

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold View Post
    I'm fairly new to this part of the forum, so I've been trying to rule out various things. One idea I had was that maybe she was in Clover because of an event, maybe a Ren Fair, craft show, etc. However, I searched the town of Clover's website and found nothing recent.

Also, I thought she might have been headed to Charlotte for the Festival in the Park, but that looks like it was in September: http://www.festivalinthepark.org/mainstage.htm

Fwiw, my hunch is that she's a runaway from Georgia. I don't know why I feel that way, so please don't base anything on it, it's just something that keeps popping into my head.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any gut feelinga could be right on...
    look for runaways not from a specific area or state...
    maybe?
    Also I was wondering if anybody still wore those type of socks..
    I know in the 80s/ I guess they have come back into fashion now?
    Some clothing does or maybe her mom or somebody handed them to her as a gift?

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

It could be Missing Virginia tech student
    figure this:
    Whomever took her could have kept her and made her wear different clothing some sort of fetish?

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

Quote Originally Posted by websurfer View Post
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also I was wondering if anybody still wore those type of socks..
    I know in the 80s/ I guess they have come back into fashion now?
    Some clothing does or maybe her mom or somebody handed them to her as a gift?
    My daughter is 24 - a mother of 2 - and she still loves and wears her toe socks...
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Question

I'm not familiar with the Carolinas. Is this site anywhere near Mint Hill, North Carolina, which I believe is a suburb of Charlotte?

I'm asking because another WS thread in here mentions a suspected multiple murderer who may have moved to Mint Hill, and when I look at the map, they look pretty close. But I may be reading it wrong.

Police have identified the body - news conference at 2 p.m.

http://www.heraldonline.com/120/story/1715094.html

SC - W/F Body Identified Heather Marie Catterton

Police are holding a news conference at 2 p.m.

http://www.heraldonline.com/120/story/1715094.html
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-30-2010 at 01:19 PM.

The York County Sheriff's Office and the York County Coroner's Office have identified the woman's body found Thursday on Robinson Road near Clover, according to a press release from the sheriff's office.

The body of Heather Marie Catterton, 17, of Gastonia was found around 1 p.m. Thursday, officials said in a press conference today.

www.heraldonline.com

I knew she had to be young because of the toe socks.

Was she a missing teen? What is going on in this world?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast