1266 users online (240 members and 1026 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questions for RHPD

I think it is important that we go straight to the source to find out what information can be gained from RHPD about the night that Benjaman was found.

I personally know Mike Albritton so have been compiling a short list of questions to ask him when I pay a visit to police headquarters. Having known D. Strickland, M. Albritton and S. Potts for a while now, I can assure you that they are not sloppy detectives and S. Potts is definitely a "straight by the book" police officer...sometimes, too much!

So I think it will be interesting to hear if RHPD was the first to label BK as a "vagabond", as well as whether or not there were actually clothes found in the dumpster, and if so, where they are?

I would like some suggestions of other very detailed questions that may gleen the best information and would appreciate your input as I narrow my list down.

Thanks

First, Benjaman was found between 6-7 a.m.

1. His beard growth, what was it like. hair growth?
    2. Rumors...(even though it lead to nothing, it may be a clue)
    (what was said by people from BK, and can these people be sought for further questions as the case is still open?)
    3. The sunburn, was it marked by clothing or not?

1. Were there fire ants at the Burger King dumpster?
    BK was covered in bites and if first responders did not have to brush them off BK, then he got them somewhere else.
    2. Did he have ingrained dirt, like some people do who have been homeless for quite awhile?
    3. What about his fingernails? Were they broken and dirty? Or clean and clipped?
    4. Was there blood anywhere on him?
    5. Did he say anything?
    6. What was the first thing the policeman thought when he saw BK?
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Without being questioned by an officer .. what were BK's voluntary first statements?

I have copies of the file guys

I have the flu so havent been able to fax them to my darling Adnoid so he can post them for us.

I agree with Kent that this is a sharp department, well respected...in other words, very good cops. I appreciate Kent's perspective. I can post a transcript of the reports if you like-or you can wait for me to get them to Adnoid who can scan them and put them into a file?

Let me know.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I have the flu so havent been able to fax them to my darling Adnoid so he can post them for us.

I agree with Kent that this is a sharp department, well respected...in other words, very good cops. I appreciate Kent's perspective. I can post a transcript of the reports if you like-or you can wait for me to get them to Adnoid who can scan them and put them into a file?

Let me know.

Whatever would be easiest for you (get well soon!!!)...

I would like to see them before I stop by the PD with my list of questions. If easier, you can also send to my email?

(Would really like to read Potts report to narrow down questions)

I would like to see them, but I want you to get well first. The flu is serious. Go get some rest, worry about this later.
    Get well soon.

You guys are too much-lets see if I can get out into the general public tomorrow, lol.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

As much as I want to see the file,
    please take care of yourself.
    You need to rest and do all the good stuff for yourself.

We have waited five years, we can wait awhile longer.

ot:
    My grandson had h1n1, a week out of school.
    My great niece had h1n1, three days in pediatric hospital.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    As much as I want to see the file,
    please take care of yourself.
    You need to rest and do all the good stuff for yourself.

We have waited five years, we can wait awhile longer.

ot:
    My grandson had h1n1, a week out of school.
    My great niece had h1n1, three days in pediatric hospital.

OH MY-I hope everyone is ok now? All the cases are mild in our district. We also have group B strep and "the regular" flu going around so it is tough to sort out what is what.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Sorry for OT....

Believe, trying to send email...says mailbox temporarily unavailable??

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I have copies of the file guys - havent been able to fax them to my darling Adnoid so he can post them for us.
    Feel better..

My question; is it ok to post them on a public forum?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    1. Were there fire ants at the Burger King dumpster?
    BK was covered in bites and if first responders did not have to brush them off BK, then he got them somewhere else.
    In addition.. I still wonder how they knew they were fire ant bites.
    Does anyone have pictures of the bites?

I ask because my hubby had something last year and while they knew they were bites; no one had a clue on what bit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    I think it is important that we go straight to the source to find out what information can be gained from RHPD about the night that Benjaman was found.
    Thank you for all you're doing locally!

Well, this is where it is tricky I think. If we were talking about a simple UID or a missing persons case, there would be no decisionmaking. These files are available to the press via FOIA.

Let me add a thought-maybe it makes sense to level the playing field. We all look at the police reports-is there an indication that the ball was dropped by LE? Were there clear indications that a crime had been committed and did they make a mistake in not following up? Or, was there no evidence of a crime being committed.

See, to me, there has been common thread in the media reports...RHPD screwed up. The hospitals screwed up. The first responders screwed up. Everyone wrongly assumed this man was a transient and never gave him another thought. They kicked him from hospital to hospital to rehab to shelter without any thought that he might be something more. Until he was rescued. And then his cause caught fire in the online community.

But, what if the basic premise of this story is untrue? I mean we are talking about RHPD, and an EMS unit, and two hospitals and the reputation of a rehab center. As I said before when we started regrouping, you have to believe that this man was completely failed by everyone until NB came along.

That is what we are trying to get to the heart of, because we do not have what came before that day. We only have from that day to the present to work with. That is why we are all chipping away at it until we get a clearer picture....JMO.
    Last edited by believe09; 11-02-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Kentjbkent

1. Was BK sunburned?

I have to ask this since he was found around 7:00AM. He wouldn't have been there long enough to get sunburned that early in the morning. So if he was sunburned, it would've been acquired at least the day before he was found.

believe09, take care of yourself and get well soon!

Respectfully snipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

In addition.. I still wonder how they knew they were fire ant bites.
    Does anyone have pictures of the bites?
    Roselvr, I see you are in NJ. Down here in the south, fire ants are a huge problem--everywhere in the south. They kill other ants. Ants are omnivores. If a person steps on a fire ant bed, in about 2 seconds your foot would be covered with stinging, biting ants. Their sting is significantly worse than the old red and black ants we used to have. Their bites will cause water blisters on even those who aren't allergic to them.
    They're extremely painful, and burn something awful.

We lose deer fawns and ground nesting birds to fire ants here in the south. I can almost promise you there were fire ants around those dumpsters, and most likely the only kind of ants there.
    Last edited by justthinkin; 11-02-2009 at 08:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast