MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure that the disipline I received as a child would be considered child abuse today. But trust me when I say that a swithc, belt, hot wheel race track or pancake turner worked much better than timeout.

Csquare

Reactive attachment disorder is one illness that is very difficult. RAD children act out and hate authority and rules. It is an illness that is not discussed very much

I have read about RAD and that very well could be a possibility with AB. Her comment on twitter about not liking authority is classic of ODD/CD - but she did not have a previous record.

My youngest step-daughter was diagnosed with RAD. Let me tell you what, she was very slick. She would steal food at home, not sure why all she had to do was ask, would eat her lunch before shcool and then tell her teachers we wouldn't feed her, stole from her sister, coins lipstick small stuff. It makes no sense. We had some good days and a whole lot of bad days.

From what I have read about AB RAD is a real possibility. It is not discussed much though.

Does anyone know how to read the casenet info on AB's bio mom? From what I am looking at, it looks like she got the drug possession charge 7/31 and then was sentenced to 6 mos in jail on 9/30. Is this right? I wonder if AB had a relationship with her at all, and if so, if her jail sentence helped push her over the edge??

My youngest step-daughter was diagnosed with RAD. Let me tell you what, she was very slick. She would steal food at home, not sure why all she had to do was ask, would eat her lunch before shcool and then tell her teachers we wouldn't feed her, stole from her sister, coins lipstick small stuff. It makes no sense. We had some good days and a whole lot of bad days.

Sounds like she was hoarding. Did she also have an anxiety disorder or OCD?

Sounds like she was hoarding. Did she also have an anxiety disorder or OCD?

Both. It was so hard to handle. Things made no sense. You could see her do something confront her and she would have you beleiving you didn't see what you saw. She was good. I told my wife she should be a lawyer. She could argue a case and actually make sense. I remember once she was told she was supposed to read a couple of books in 7 days. She countered that it was a week.

Does anyone know how to read the casenet info on AB's bio mom? From what I am looking at, it looks like she got the drug possession charge 7/31 and then was sentenced to 6 mos in jail on 9/30. Is this right? I wonder if AB had a relationship with her at all, and if so, if her jail sentence helped push her over the edge??

It was my understanding that she only did probation. Not positive if she actually did time.

I think it's highly likely AB has RAD. RAD comes about when infants are left alone and not responded to. When they cry, no one comes to them. They do not develop attachment. An infant has to learn that when s/he cries, someone will meet their needs. Trust develops from that. But when no one cares, the infant learns no trust and attachment to humans. They are not held. There are studies that were done with monkeys-I think it was Maslow-trying to remember my college classes. The monkeys preferred a soft towel to food. So if the infant doesn't get this, it can't be fixed in later years. Cruelty and lack of concern for others is a huge sign. Only meeting one's needs is a huge sign. It's really sad that AB probably didn't get what she needed early on. But we have to be protected from her.

Wondering about the possible sentences for the 15 year old. We know no death penalty in MO, due to her age. So,Life w/o parole is the most she could get. What is the least amt. of time she could serve? (With or without "diminshed capacity" defense) Anyone know?

My step-daughter today is into the emo scene. I just hope and pray that she will pull through and be a good kid. Has anyone said what type of student AB was?
My step-daughter would start out great and then it was like she just gave up. Very baffling.

Wondering about the possible sentences for the 15 year old. We know no death penalty in MO, due to her age. So,Life w/o parole is the most she could get. What is the least amt. of time she could serve? (With or without "diminshed capacity" defense) Anyone know?

If she is not tried as an adult she could be out when she turns 21. If I am not mistaken the conviction would be striken from her record. I might be wrong on that.

My step-daughter today is into the emo scene. I just hope and pray that she will pull through and be a good kid. Has anyone said what type of student AB was?
My step-daughter would start out great and then it was like she just gave up. Very baffling.

AB allegedly got an award for academics back in 2005. Beyond that, I don't know.

It was my understanding that she only did probation. Not positive if she actually did time.

Ok, I had my hubby look at it too. It looks like she was going to get 6 mos in jail, but instead got 2 years unsupervised probation. Hmmm.

I am sure that the disipline I received as a child would be considered child abuse today. But trust me when I say that a swithc, belt, hot wheel race track or pancake turner worked much better than timeout.

I'm sorry for some of that but I used to get the belt and I survived and still respect my parents.

The friend in MO was not the one who scammed me...he was a friend of my kids. The guy who scammed me was out where I live in Calif.

This is the same one you mentioned a bit ago, with RAD? I know when I was in school - I was a total perfectionist and started out really well and organized and then I would get overwhelmed and just stop altogether.

Big difference getting a good GPA when you're 11, and when you're 15, IMHO.

This is the same one you mentioned a bit ago, with RAD? I know when I was in school - I was a total perfectionist and started out really well and organized and then I would get overwhelmed and just stop altogether.

Yes it is. She could do the work but it was like she wanted someone to be with her and help her. I am guessing it was for the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10