FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
I read the CPS review and I see some things 'blacked out'. I realize most of them are names but in regards to their "mental status", that seems to be blacked out too. I wonder why?? One of the officers noted "XXXXXX (blacked out) but not to the point that they can't care for the baby with some assistance" or something along those lines. I wonder what that is??? It's bugging me!

What's bugging me is on page 7 where it says the baby was taken to the ER twice. Once from rolling off the bed, but the other reason is blacked out.

I think some of stuff that was blacked out was based on HIPPA Laws (do I have that right?). NurseBee or NurseLady might be able to better address that concern.

Salem

Overall - I thought it was a good report. It certainly indicated that the parents were willing to try and do what was necessary to keep the baby. At least in my opinion. Especially giving up the pot - these were not selfish parents. They moved out of the house with the roommate, they contacted the FSS when they had questions about the baby's development. All very positive things. I just don't see these parents harming baby Shannon.

Salem

I think some of stuff that was blacked out was based on HIPPA Laws (do I have that right?). NurseBee or NurseLady might be able to better address that concern.

Salem

That could be. It still bugs the crap out of me because I'm NOSEY!!!! :crazy:

Overall - All very positive things. I just don't see these parents harming baby Shannon.

I can't see them harming her either, at least not on purpose. If they had all these social service agencies crawling around suggesting maybe they couldn't take care of the baby, if they didn't want her, all they had to do was agree -- given their mental disabilities, they wouldn't have faced any legal repercussions for choosing to give up the baby.

Could something have happened by accident and the parents panicked maybe? I don't see how anyone can come into a home in the middle of the night and nobody hear anything. Of course we know it does happen, Jessica L. and they had a dog, Haliegh C. and Coral Rose F. I hear the slightest things at night and my dog certainly let us know of any sounds we don't hear. Just sad and very strange. I hope the baby is ok.

Salem

Salem,
Yes, I believe you are correct. I work in collections in the healthcare industry and am certified for HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) yearly.
It would be against Federal Law to publicly post this type of private health information.

Could something have happened by accident and the parents panicked maybe?

That's certainly a possibility, but then it would be a heck of a coincidence that they also had a babysitter who's been convicted of aggravated child abuse and a formal suspect in the unsolved murder of a child, and with a relative of the babysitter (not sure exactly what Tabatha's relationship is) running around making appallingly dismissive statements about said babysitter's criminal history (i.e. saying that LE was just focusing on her because of "all that crap").

None of this makes sense. I can see an argument for redacting what appears to be information related to mental status as it is possible to argue that such information would be related to a medical condition and thus is confidential; however, the entire report is supposed to be confidential. The only way I can understand how this report was released is if it is the parents' copy and they released it. Even with sunshine laws, that would mean that someone had been charged and this was somehow supporting evidence, correct? And as far as we know, no one has been charged. I am a CPS worker - and have written thousands of these reports, and I cannot for the life of me come up with a scenario where this report should have been released. Did DHS release this info to the media directly or was it perhaps passed on erroneously by LE? Again, the only remotely reasonable possibility I can come up with is if this was the family's copy and they released it.

wondering if any of our putnam county
scanner ears know if our scanner works in chipley
i cant seem to figure it out to work anyone else got
chipley ears on ? thank you in advance

I don't think it works in Chipley but does work in the next county over.

Salem

no feeds for Washington County, NP. I checked the first nite I heard about Shannon missing & just checked again.

Great Idea! Wish I could help but don't know much about scanner channels. WS does have some REALLy great scanner ppl.

None of this makes sense. I can see an argument for redacting what appears to be information related to mental status as it is possible to argue that such information would be related to a medical condition and thus is confidential; however, the entire report is supposed to be confidential. The only way I can understand how this report was released is if it is the parents' copy and they released it. Even with sunshine laws, that would mean that someone had been charged and this was somehow supporting evidence, correct? And as far as we know, no one has been charged. I am a CPS worker - and have written thousands of these reports, and I cannot for the life of me come up with a scenario where this report should have been released. Did DHS release this info to the media directly or was it perhaps passed on erroneously by LE? Again, the only remotely reasonable possibility I can come up with is if this was the family's copy and they released it.

Thank you for your input because it was making no sense to me either as to why it was released..I find it odd indeed

If you have some sort of an antenna, and know the call numbers you should be able to pick chipley so, po and so, as well as other odd places. carry the scanner outside lol.

I just gave my scanner away a few weeks ago, I dont know anyone or anything here so I gave it away. ack@@

I dont think you can pick up the state patrol, I think they are using a new type of radio now.

what is a feed?

I am talking about scanner that you can hear them talking back and forth. new numbers have been out so you might need to write them down as they call them out, and look them up later. I dont remember any of them any more.

no feeds for Washington County, NP. I checked the first nite I heard about Shannon missing & just checked again.

gosh guess we spoiled with putnam county :woohoo:
how bout a revolving booking door :waitasec:
asking seriously though thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads