1068 users online (232 members and 836 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #3

Let's continue here. I'll add the previous thread links in just a moment.

Salem

Thread 1

Thread 2

Paul's WS thread

DCF Report: http://video.onset.freedom.com/newsh...ewredacted.pdf

missing children site: http://www.freewebs.com/scmissinguni...ngchildren.htm

Charley's Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_paul.html

Link to the chatter on the news station: http://www.panhandleparade.com/index...s/stream_chat/
    Last edited by KateB; 05-23-2015 at 08:06 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I read the CPS review and I see some things 'blacked out'. I realize most of them are names but in regards to their "mental status", that seems to be blacked out too. I wonder why?? One of the officers noted "XXXXXX (blacked out) but not to the point that they can't care for the baby with some assistance" or something along those lines. I wonder what that is??? It's bugging me!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

What's bugging me is on page 7 where it says the baby was taken to the ER twice. Once from rolling off the bed, but the other reason is blacked out.

I think some of stuff that was blacked out was based on HIPPA Laws (do I have that right?). NurseBee or NurseLady might be able to better address that concern.

Salem

Overall - I thought it was a good report. It certainly indicated that the parents were willing to try and do what was necessary to keep the baby. At least in my opinion. Especially giving up the pot - these were not selfish parents. They moved out of the house with the roommate, they contacted the FSS when they had questions about the baby's development. All very positive things. I just don't see these parents harming baby Shannon.

Salem

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I think some of stuff that was blacked out was based on HIPPA Laws (do I have that right?). NurseBee or NurseLady might be able to better address that concern.

Salem
    That could be. It still bugs the crap out of me because I'm NOSEY!!!!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Salem, can you add these links to the top post, also, please? They are the links to the information that EastCoast posted last night.

http://www.freewebs.com/scmissingunidentified/scmissingchildren.htm

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_paul.html
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

Overall - All very positive things. I just don't see these parents harming baby Shannon.

I can't see them harming her either, at least not on purpose. If they had all these social service agencies crawling around suggesting maybe they couldn't take care of the baby, if they didn't want her, all they had to do was agree -- given their mental disabilities, they wouldn't have faced any legal repercussions for choosing to give up the baby.

Could something have happened by accident and the parents panicked maybe? I don't see how anyone can come into a home in the middle of the night and nobody hear anything. Of course we know it does happen, Jessica L. and they had a dog, Haliegh C. and Coral Rose F. I hear the slightest things at night and my dog certainly let us know of any sounds we don't hear. Just sad and very strange. I hope the baby is ok.

Salem
    Salem,
    Yes, I believe you are correct. I work in collections in the healthcare industry and am certified for HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) yearly.
    It would be against Federal Law to publicly post this type of private health information.
    Last edited by NewMommy09; 11-04-2009 at 06:07 PM.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
    Could something have happened by accident and the parents panicked maybe?
    That's certainly a possibility, but then it would be a heck of a coincidence that they also had a babysitter who's been convicted of aggravated child abuse and a formal suspect in the unsolved murder of a child, and with a relative of the babysitter (not sure exactly what Tabatha's relationship is) running around making appallingly dismissive statements about said babysitter's criminal history (i.e. saying that LE was just focusing on her because of "all that crap").

None of this makes sense. I can see an argument for redacting what appears to be information related to mental status as it is possible to argue that such information would be related to a medical condition and thus is confidential; however, the entire report is supposed to be confidential. The only way I can understand how this report was released is if it is the parents' copy and they released it. Even with sunshine laws, that would mean that someone had been charged and this was somehow supporting evidence, correct? And as far as we know, no one has been charged. I am a CPS worker - and have written thousands of these reports, and I cannot for the life of me come up with a scenario where this report should have been released. Did DHS release this info to the media directly or was it perhaps passed on erroneously by LE? Again, the only remotely reasonable possibility I can come up with is if this was the family's copy and they released it.

wondering if any of our putnam county
    scanner ears know if our scanner works in chipley
    i cant seem to figure it out to work anyone else got
    chipley ears on ? thank you in advance
    "Laughter - that is something very sacred, especially for us Indians."
    --John (Fire) Lame Deer, ROSEBUD LAKOTA

"The old people must start talking and the young people must start listening."
    --Thomas Banyacya, HOPI

Quote Originally Posted by cleo612 View Post
    Salem, can you add these links to the top post, also, please? They are the links to the information that EastCoast posted last night.

http://www.freewebs.com/scmissingunidentified/scmissingchildren.htm

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_paul.html
    I'd be happy to. These links are not working for me, so I will have to go find the original ones. Might take me a few minutes.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Native Pride View Post
    wondering if any of our putnam county
    scanner ears know if our scanner works in chipley
    i cant seem to figure it out to work anyone else got
    chipley ears on ? thank you in advance
    I don't think it works in Chipley but does work in the next county over.

Salem

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast