I used to think it was an intruder, but the Swiss Army knife has convinced me...

CharlieBrown

Reaction score
...otherwise. I wanted to believe that an intruder committed this crime, but once I heard about the Swiss Army knife and the statements made by the housekeeper, I became convinced that PR did it. An intruder just happened to find that knife and place it next to the body? No way.

Does anyone know if fingerprints were found on that knife?

I agree,another of those strange coincidences.I would like to know WHEN the housekeeper took it away from Burke.Some might argue that he found it or that PR gave it back to him and being found at the crime scene has nothing to do with the crime.

Its not just the knife, Warsaw..its so many other things..

So many other things VERSUS dna

Apparently, ONLY the DNA matters to IDI here...
and the battle continues....

Its not just the knife, Warsaw..its so many other things..

So many other things VERSUS dna

Apparently, ONLY the DNA matters to IDI here...
and the battle continues....

True. The irony is that, if a decent suspect appears whose DNA doesn't match, they'll be cursing Mary Lacy more than the most intransigent RDI..

True. The irony is that, if a decent suspect appears whose DNA doesn't match, they'll be cursing Mary Lacy more than the most intransigent RDI..

That's what I've been saying all along.But maybe she didn't care?I mean it's obvious what damage she's done to a future IDI investigation but maybe her one and only goal was exonerating the Ramsey's and that was it.Or maybe she knew exactly that there won't be a decent suspect to worry about.Ever.

Can someone point me to a related thread about the knife so I can understand the significance?

Can someone point me to a related thread about the knife so I can understand the significance?

I'm not sure about which thread, but the short answer is that the housekeeper took Burke's Swiss Army knife away because he keep whittling on things around the house. She hid it in a cabinet upstairs. The same knife was found next to JB's body. According to the housekeeper, only two people knew where the knife was hidden - her and Patsy. http://www.rense.com/general11/benet.htm

[SIZE=+1] "Only Patsy could have put that knife there. I took it away from Burke (JonBenet's older brother) and hid it in a linen closet near JonBenet's bedroom. An intruder never would have found it. Patsy would have found it getting out clean sheets."[/SIZE]

I just did some searching and there are conflicting stories as to exactly where the knife was found, and whether or not it belonged to Burke. Now I'm confused again...

Certainly, LE asked about the knife during the interviews, so they believed there to be significance in it.

I really don't have a "dog in this fight" (as Dr. Phil would say), but I can see why people thought Patsy did it. She was not ruled out for writing the note. Then the issue with the bed wetting and the knife. Or was maybe covering up for her son.

I really don't have a "dog in this fight" (as Dr. Phil would say), but I can see why people thought Patsy did it. She was not ruled out for writing the note. Then the issue with the bed wetting and the knife. Or was maybe covering up for her son.

There was so much more to it than that. It was the denials, too. She denied she owned the pineapple and the bowl, yet the bowl was seen on a table in a photograph of her party on Dec 23. It also matched the other bowls she had. Her prints were found on the bowl. Pineapple was found in the home that was tested in a lab and found to match right down to the rind to the pineapple in JB's digestive tract. Her sweater fibers were found entwined in the garrote and on the inside of the tape that was on JB's mouth. The list of thinks linking Patsy to the crime is a long one. The handwriting match is just one of them.

Hello WS :)

Wondering what Patsy had to say about the knife? Did she claim to recognize it? TIA

Hello WS :)

Wondering what Patsy had to say about the knife? Did she claim to recognize it? TIA

I believe Patsy did admit the knife was BR's, but she claimed he whittled with it all over the house, so didn't seem to make much of it being found.
BUT housekeeper LHP said that she took the knife away from BR and hid it in the cupboards outside JB's room (which were found open by LE) and LHP said that no one but Patsy knew it was there because Patsy was the only one she told. Was that knife tested for "unknown male DNA skin cells"? I bet not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back