GUILTY MO - Carol Thomas, 23, Excelsior Springs, 4 Nov 2009

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Car found later abandoned and burned and no sign of a body.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572107,00.html?test=latestnews

Police in Missouri are investigating reports of a woman being assaulted and kidnapped.
Excelsior Springs Lt. Clint Reno says police are trying to locate 23-year-old Carol Thomas, who is from the Excelsior Springs area north of Kansas City.

Arrests made and body found.

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/11/kmbc_body_found_believed_to_be_missing_woman_carol_thomas.php

KMBC Channel 9 is reporting that a body has been found, and authorities believe it's missing woman Carol Thomas.

Fox 4 says it has confirmed that Thomas was killed, and her body was found in rural Ray County. Fox 4 also reports that three men have been arrested in connection with Thomas' disappearance.

No word on a cause of death.

Excelsior Springs police have scheduled a 3 p.m. press conference to discuss the Thomas case.

MO-Carol Thomas-23, assaulted by three men and thrown in trunk of car
Car found later abandoned and burned and no sign of a body.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Police in Missouri are investigating reports of a woman being assaulted and kidnapped.
Excelsior Springs Lt. Clint Reno says police are trying to locate 23-year-old Carol Thomas, who is from the Excelsior Springs area north of Kansas City.

Arrests made and body found.

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/11/...rol_thomas.php

KMBC Channel 9 is reporting that a body has been found, and authorities believe it's missing woman Carol Thomas.

Fox 4 says it has confirmed that Thomas was killed, and her body was found in rural Ray County. Fox 4 also reports that three men have been arrested in connection with Thomas' disappearance.

No word on a cause of death.

Excelsior Springs police have scheduled a 3 p.m. press conference to discuss the Thomas case.

Do you have any other information about the woman... like what she did for a living and such?

the comments to the articles are interesting...locals seem to be saying she was a nice woman but "misguided", taken advantage of, and "picked on" in this town...so, I wonder what really happened...

I didn't see any comments... dang it.

I'll try to find the article I ran across earlier, but something about her myspace saying she spent the past week being beat up and abused. FWIW, two of the arrested are women.

I am confused .. there are 3 men witnessed hitting her over the head and placing her in the truck but 2 men and 1women as suspects and 1 woman as a person of interest.. ?
were the claims if a week of abuse and being beaten up before her kidnapping and death or during the time of her disappeatance?
Missing a few pieces on my end i guess .. sorry of these have been asked and aswered...

This story is so sad. I swear I will scream if it has anything to do with meth heads. That drug will be the downfall of our society if LE doesn't get a better handle on it fast.

I am confused .. there are 3 men witnessed hitting her over the head and placing her in the truck but 2 men and 1women as suspects and 1 woman as a person of interest.. ?
were the claims if a week of abuse and being beaten up before her kidnapping and death or during the time of her disappeatance?
Missing a few pieces on my end i guess .. sorry of these have been asked and aswered...

I'm not clear on kidnappers vs arrestees either. The claims of abuse she posted about before her death. It's weird to read so many posts about someone who was so well thought of ending up dead by what appears to be vigilantes.

I'm not clear on kidnappers vs arrestees either. The claims of abuse she posted about before her death. It's weird to read so many posts about someone who was so well thought of ending up dead by what appears to be vigilantes.

Sounds like these people were very brazen when they kidnapped her. Lends a lot of credence to the local posters who are saying the killers basically run that town.

could she have been known to be a snitch, or ratted out a drug dealer, and that's why people aren't surprised she was killed? maybe she was taking her "punishment" all week? that seems to be something that people are implying in the comments. she also has a mug shot, so it wouldn't be an improbable scenario.

could she have been known to be a snitch, or ratted out a drug dealer, and that's why people aren't surprised she was killed? maybe she was taking her "punishment" all week? that seems to be something that people are implying in the comments. she also has a mug shot, so it wouldn't be an improbable scenario.

Ya know, I don't care much for the term "snitch." There are unspeakable crimes occurring in this country every day because people are afraid to speak up. That pizzes me off. Drug dealers SHOULD be ratted out and communities need to start standing up against pigs who kill innocent people. To let it go unchecked is how the bad guys win.

I would hate to believe this young woman was murdered for trying to do the right thing. I guess we'll find out. But if it was lowlife druggies that killed her, I hope they fry.

Ya know, I don't care much for the term "snitch." There are unspeakable crimes occurring in this country every day because people are afraid to speak up. That pizzes me off. Drug dealers SHOULD be ratted out and communities need to start standing up against pigs who kill innocent people. To let it go unchecked is how the bad guys win.

I would hate to believe this young woman was murdered for trying to do the right thing. I guess we'll find out. But if it was lowlife druggies that killed her, I hope they fry.

I agree with you - sorry if I offended you. I'm just saying, not that she deserves any of it, but it sounds like she knew she was in trouble, and that "bad" people were after her, and people saying she got "caught up" with the wrong people - just my speculation that she witnessed something she shouldn't have, or said something to piss someone off - but it's all IMO, just from what the townsfolk are saying in their comments.

I agree with you - sorry if I offended you. I'm just saying, not that she deserves any of it, but it sounds like she knew she was in trouble, and that "bad" people were after her, and people saying she got "caught up" with the wrong people - just my speculation that she witnessed something she shouldn't have, or said something to piss someone off - but it's all IMO, just from what the townsfolk are saying in their comments.

No worries - it wasn't your post that offended me - just the mentality that "snitches" are bad people. It sounds like this girl may have been a victim of her killers long before they murdered her. It saddens me to think that she couldn't or wouldn't get away from them before it was too late. And it saddens and angers me to think that anyone has to be afraid to do the right thing - ever.

The 15 year-old that was gang raped at her school's homecoming dance comes to mind here. HOW MANY PEOPLE saw or stood by watching and did nothing to help her for 2 and half hours??? That kind of thing frightens me waaaaaaaaaaay more than a handful of methheads who would murder a woman - for whatever reason they think they had. KWIM?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbidlittlemind
Back