Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2...ey-7-month-old

-----------------
    hope this one works, scroll down on right side of page

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    LE knew about Susan the first night of the investigation into the backgrounds of individuals.
    Yes, they probably did but without EastCoast and Cleo to get the media on them, they may have taken another couple of days to get to baby Shannon and it may have been too late. How do you think SB was hiding that baby from her husband?

Scary to think about, in my opinion.

Salem

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    Not all that rare! I have pictures of me at 7 months old and bald as a billard ball. My mother feared I'd never grow any hair. I grew in some very great hair, nice and thick.
    We must be moon sisters, bald yep, no eye brows. Still have to paint em on. LOL ONLY the eyebrows!!! wigs are for the top

6. The Following User Says Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
    We must be moon sisters, bald yep, no eye brows. Still have to paint em on. LOL ONLY the eyebrows!!! wigs are for the top
    Sorry to hear that. My eyebrows are way too bushy and at my advanced age, I still have my hair.

I guess we're all different.

Good night, sweeties. Hugs, and still having sighs of disbelief this ended about as well as it could have. I still have reservations about Tina's involvement, but absolutely none about Susan's.
    Say bye-bye, Susan. You're going away, and they're not going to like you. Might as well get used to that now.
    All human actions have one or more of these seven causes:chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, desire. ~Aristotle

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to doggies For This Useful Post:

I don't want to offend anyone but here is my opinion......I don't think mentally challanged people should have children.This girl I read somewhere had the mind of a 13yo
    13 year olds get bored with things very easily like a new video game or whatever but this is a baby , not a toy. And she certaintly should not have been living with a mentally challanged man without some daily supervision.IMO

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Chick For This Useful Post:

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Tina's Mom said on Ng she stands behind her daughter 100%. She thinks she was manipulated.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jnTexas For This Useful Post:

Sorry to hear that. My eyebrows are way too bushy and at my advanced age, I still have my hair.

I guess we're all different.
    Oh gosh that came out all wrong. I was born a baldy kid, still have blonde eyebrows that can hardly be seen, every one tells me I need to have them dyed even though my hair is med brown. this is so off topic....

Shannon will develop her own beautiful hair at her own beautiful pace. A little angle who has endured so much too soon.
    Last edited by octobermoon; 11-06-2009 at 02:51 AM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
    Oh gosh that came out all wrong. I was born a baldy kid, still have blonde eyebrows that can hardly be seen, every one tells me I need to have them dyed even though my hair is med brown. this is so off topic....

Shannon will develop her own beautiful hair at her own beautiful pace. A little angle who has endure so much too soon.
    Not OT at all. I wish I had my picture scanned. I was bald at birth and have my 7-month picture. BIG head, chubby body (I was a 4lb 8 oz preemie and the doctor said to "fatten me up with extra sugar in my formula - 40's logic). I looked like a Bhudda.

Shannon looks a lot like I'm sure we did... with the exception that her eyes are close-set... as with her mom and her body is disproportionate to her head.

There might be some genetic situation there that she's inherited from her mother.

Let's hope and pray that little Shannon gets to live with the best relatives for her own good. I would like to know that her mother is a part of her life.

I'm thinking that the police are hearing two or more stories. One story is from SB... and I don't think her version will be too accurate. I know that she spread viscious lies or half-truths about the parents to CPS, the governor, and probably LE. Who knows what she did to mess with Shannon's mind if indeed she's mentally challenged.

Fact is, I'm hoping LE checks all the phone records to see if there was any communication between the two during this situation. SB could have been calling Tina and feeding her different scenarios.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

Salem, Here is a copy of the email SB sent to Gov Crist in August.

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=287
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Not OT at all. I wish I had my picture scanned. I was bald at birth and have my 7-month picture. BIG head, chubby body (I was a 4lb 8 oz preemie and the doctor said to "fatten me up with extra sugar in my formula - 40's logic). I looked like a Bhudda.

Shannon looks a lot like I'm sure we did... with the exception that her eyes are close-set... as with her mom and her body is disproportionate to her head.

There might be some genetic situation there that she's inherited from her mother.

Let's hope and pray that little Shannon gets to live with the best relatives for her own good. I would like to know that her mother is a part of her life.

I'm thinking that the police are hearing two or more stories. One story is from SB... and I don't think her version will be too accurate. I know that she spread viscious lies or half-truths about the parents to CPS, the governor, and probably LE. Who knows what she did to mess with Shannon's mind if indeed she's mentally challenged.

if therFact is, I'm hoping LE checks all the phone records to see e was any communication between the two during this situation. SB could have been calling Tina and feeding her different scenarios.
    I think you are right. (BBM)

I was a bhudda baby too! LOL

I've been looking for this all day. Finally found it.
    Florida DCF Grounds for Termination of Parental Rights:
    http://library.adoption.com/articles...s-florida.html
    I think mother meets several of the criteria.
    So, basically, she may have a mental illness or deficiency, which isn't reason to terminate.
    But, due to the fact that DCF has issued them a case plan in the past, which they obviously did not choose to follow after the file was closed, she could lose her rights. If the department decides that she had the ability and opportunity to stop Shannon from being harmed, she could lose her rights.
    Link also states that all the state is required to do in cases where they intend to immediately file to terminate is to provide the same services in the plan established until the termination. There is no plan in place, mother is entitled to nothing.

I have to know this to sleep. Shannon really did need to be rescued, and now I think she needs to be sent with other family, and she can see her mother at holidays in a supervised environment. Safe, but still in contact. Everybody wins.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I've been looking for this all day. Finally found it.
    Florida DCF Grounds for Termination of Parental Rights:
    http://library.adoption.com/articles...s-florida.html
    I think mother meets several of the criteria.
    So, basically, she may have a mental illness or deficiency, which isn't reason to terminate.
    But, due to the fact that DCF has issued them a case plan in the past, which they obviously did not choose to follow after the file was closed, she could lose her rights. If the department decides that she had the ability and opportunity to stop Shannon from being harmed, she could lose her rights.
    Link also states that all the state is required to do in cases where they intend to immediately file to terminate is to provide the same services in the plan established until the termination. There is no plan in place, mother is entitled to nothing.

I have to know this to sleep. Shannon really did need to be rescued, and now I think she needs to be sent with other family, and she can see her mother at holidays in a supervised environment. Safe, but still in contact. Everybody wins.

I agree 100%
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

24. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...Alive_02610044

snipped

Baby Sitter, Mom Charged in Disappearance of Florida Infant Found Alive

The sheriff said Baker and Mercer both were charged with several felonies, including interfering with child custody, false report of a crime, false report of a missing child and contributing to the delinquency of a child.

Baker also was charged with neglect of a child with aggravating circumstances; Mercer faces additional child desertion charges.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...Alive_02610044

snipped

Baby Sitter, Mom Charged in Disappearance of Florida Infant Found Alive

The sheriff said Baker and Mercer both were charged with several felonies, including interfering with child custody, false report of a crime, false report of a missing child and contributing to the delinquency of a child.

Baker also was charged with neglect of a child with aggravating circumstances; Mercer faces additional child desertion charges.

I hope they throw the book at Baker.... I hope she gets 200 yrs and no time served this time... Wonder what the maxes are on all her charges??

I hope she isn't out like in 10 yrs or less on being such a grand inmate... Doing para eagle work for other inmates and all ... or giving parent classes..
    Misty Where Is Sweet Haleigh?

Sweet Angel Caylee

Bless All the Little Angels

All I post is IMO

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MommaD For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast