Page 49 of 108 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 1614
  1. #721
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,344
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBitty35 View Post
    I doubt it will be the best that the SA can come up. I like you, but you appear to have an obvious bias as it relates to the prosecution, not just in this case. Not all defendents are innocent. Not all DA's offices are out to get the innocent.

    The defense had these same documents for a month. They were released because the press requested them. This is the first I have heard, apart from the bottle/syringe being listed with the debris being found near Caylee's remains, of them possibly having a connection to the case. So imagine, the remains were found on December 11th. We are just now getting more information about the syringe and bottle of gatorade as having to do with chloroform. Something we have not seen before now. So imagine if they are trickling out the evidence. Which, some might think is just mean. I say, if the defense wants to claim they have exculpatory evidence they should produce it before the judge mandated deadline that they do so on or before February first. But since the Judge asked for said information a month ago, I have serious doubts about the defense having any said evidence.

    It is my contention that this will not be the last time we will be hearing about the bottle/syringe as it relates to this case.

    It is not the prosecution's fault that KC claims a phantom did it. That is her fault.
    My bias is for evidence that supports the charges at a level of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. My experience with high-profile cases is that nothing close to that is required for a wrongful vilification campaign by our crimetainment media, which can and has led to a wrongful conviction.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings


  2. #722
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
    This is not a Federal case. The FBI is not in control. Orlando's LE and D.A.'s office is on center stage.

    Hey Wudge...food for thought. This was originally a reported "kidnapping" by whomever, preported to be traveling to other states as well as other countries. If (not fighting with you here) they went and continue with the kidnapping to other states/countries...wouldn't that make it a federal case?

    At the federal level, Congress passed the Lindbergh Act in 1932 to prohibit interstate kidnapping (48 Stat. 781 [codified at 18 U.S.C.A. 1201 et seq.]). The Lindbergh Act was named for Charles A. Lindbergh, a celebrated aviator and Air Force colonel whose baby was kidnapped and killed in 1932. The act provides that if a victim is not released within 24 hours after being abducted, a court may presume that the victim was transported across state lines.
    -Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    -Senatus Populus Que Romanus

    -Why is it, if you help someone get away with a crime before they are arrested you are an accomplice...but if you help them get away with a crime after they are arrested you are a defense attorney?


  3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spqr For This Useful Post:


  4. #723
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by spqr View Post
    Fair enough...but I am very familiar with human decomposition and it in NO WAY equates to the decomposition of animals (pigs being the closest).

    Now unless you are buying your fresh chicken and fresh pork directly from a farm after a fresh kill...the food you are buying is processed in some way to hinder/delay any spoilage.

    So where is this farm you shop at??
    I am not going off topic. I owned a Restaurant for 16 years. Believe me, I know food very well. Not all food has preservatives in it. However as you can see in my other post, I quoted wikipedia as using chlorinated water in foods and linking that to chloroform.

    Also on wikipedia it refers to animal decomp and human decomp in the same sentence to create coffin wax. We are talking traces here.


  5. #724
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eunice Burns View Post
    Several years ago, my son told me that they were told in Science class they could not use Wiki as a research tool. The teaching staff did their own research, and found too much that was not reliable and accurately sourced.
    I work for one of those companies that you can call or text them a question and they will send you the answer back as a text message on your cell phone and we are asked not to answer questions with a source from there.


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HRCODEPINK For This Useful Post:


  7. #725
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
    My bias is for evidence that supports the charges at a level of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. My experience with high-profile cases is that nothing close to that is required for a wrongful vilification campaign by our crimetainment media, which can and has led to a wrongful conviction.
    ...but we're not getting our info from the media...these are scientific reports.


  8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:


  9. #726
    TakeNote's Avatar
    TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    chasing a super hero
    Posts
    6,186
    Quote Originally Posted by notthatsmart View Post
    I am not going off topic. I owned a Restaurant for 16 years. Believe me, I know food very well. Not all food has preservatives in it. However as you can see in my other post, I quoted wikipedia as using chlorinated water in foods and linking that to chloroform.

    Also on wikipedia it refers to animal decomp and human decomp in the same sentence to create coffin wax. We are talking traces here.
    the thing is ....they didnt find any meat in the trunk....only empty pks of process foods....

    am i wrong?


  10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TakeNote For This Useful Post:


  11. #727
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    65
    MOO...Crasey could have gotten the syringe from any one of those wonderful parties she attended. It seems like she had a wide variety of friends that were into a wide variety of things...so whose to tell where the needle may have been before she acquired it. Don't know much about tattoo parlors...but do they have syringes? I heard they use Ambesol for piercing tongues, Ambesol contains 45 to 70% ethanol. Just thinking out loud!


  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wendypi For This Useful Post:


  13. #728
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,344
    Quote Originally Posted by spqr View Post
    Hey Wudge...food for thought. This was originally a reported "kidnapping" by whomever, preported to be traveling to other states as well as other countries. If (not fighting with you here) they went and continue with the kidnapping to other states/countries...wouldn't that make it a federal case?

    At the federal level, Congress passed the Lindbergh Act in 1932 to prohibit interstate kidnapping (48 Stat. 781 [codified at 18 U.S.C.A. 1201 et seq.]). The Lindbergh Act was named for Charles A. Lindbergh, a celebrated aviator and Air Force colonel whose baby was kidnapped and killed in 1932. The act provides that if a victim is not released within 24 hours after being abducted, a court may presume that the victim was transported across state lines.
    Murder is a State case.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings


  14. #729
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,539
    Would large amounts of chloroform melt the plastic gatorade bottle?


  15. #730
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeNote View Post
    the thing is ....they didnt find any meat in the trunk....only empty pks of process foods....

    am i wrong?
    That's the way I remember it, no meats found, only empty boxes


  16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to indicat For This Useful Post:


  17. #731
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeNote View Post
    the thing is ....they didnt find any meat in the trunk....only empty pks of process foods....

    am i wrong?
    I think to a coffin fly the juice is like a smorgasborg the size of a lake


  18. #732
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMom2JoeAndWillie View Post
    Nothing that I found....mainly because they didn't find anything.
    I can explain their method, give a general overview of the instrumentation, and tell you how they determined that there weren't any benzos in the hair sample (based on the chromatographs) but it's all just extra information, really. It'll take a while and be long (and I don't mind doing it) but I don't want to post it here since it's OT....I'll find somewhere to put it once I've got it all together.

    About the DNA stuff....I don't have a strong enough background in that type of lab work to be useful. I have a friend that is very knowledgeable in that area and I'm sure they'd be happy to explain it to me. It's late here (nearly midnight in Arkansas) but I will contact them tomorrow and relay the information when I have a response for you!
    I totally agree with TakeNote. We don't want to wear you out, DogMom!! If you say there were no benzos in the hair ~ I think that's really about all we really needed to know. Your expert opinion is good enough!! I probably wouldn't be able to properly appreciate many more facts than that. I'm sure if anyone has any more detailed questions for you on the subject that they would call on you when they posted them? Thanks again for your contribution!

    Is that ok with everyone else?
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .


  19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:


  20. #733
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the sweet Carolina pines
    Posts
    3,724
    I'm still trying to wrap my mind around KC administering chloroform with a needle. How does that fit with the large quantity of chloroform in the trunk? My earlier thoughts were that she spilled it while trying to put it on a cloth to hold over Caylee's mouth and nose. I guess that image came from the old movies I've seen. KC's too young to have seen those, did she just assume it should be given via injection?

    Did KC spill the chloroform while trying to aspirate it from the Gatorade bottle into the syringe? Was Caylee already taped up and in the trunk? So many questions.


    A proud decedent of The Declaration of Independence signer.


  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3doglady For This Useful Post:


  22. #734
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by notthatsmart View Post
    I am not going off topic. I owned a Restaurant for 16 years. Believe me, I know food very well. Not all food has preservatives in it. However as you can see in my other post, I quoted wikipedia as using chlorinated water in foods and linking that to chloroform.

    Also on wikipedia it refers to animal decomp and human decomp in the same sentence to create coffin wax. We are talking traces here.

    Bold and under by me:

    That is exactly how rumors and mis-information start to circulate and then become "facts". We are all just trying to lay out the facts as they are presented.
    -Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    -Senatus Populus Que Romanus

    -Why is it, if you help someone get away with a crime before they are arrested you are an accomplice...but if you help them get away with a crime after they are arrested you are a defense attorney?


  23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to spqr For This Useful Post:


  24. #735
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,955
    Quote Originally Posted by notthatsmart View Post
    I think to a coffin fly the juice is like a smorgasborg the size of a lake
    I think it would attract a different kind of fly...but that's leading us OT.


  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:


Page 49 of 108 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nine out of ten bills have traces of cocaine
    By Sleuthster in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 04:15 AM
  2. Traces of Melamine in US Infant Formula...
    By believe09 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 09:49 AM
  3. Ohio Man Convicted in teen stepdaughter Syringe Rape Case
    By dark_shadows in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 08:14 AM
  4. Flowers contained scary frog
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 07:24 AM
  5. Boy Finds Bloody Syringe In Lego Box
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 11:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •