World's Tallest Teenager. Chromosome Flipped.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1011697

He was an average newborn, measuring just over 19 inches. But by five months old, he had gained 14 pounds and had all of his teeth. At 2, he was 3-foot-5; by 5 he was 4-for-5. At ll, he was 6-foot-8. He's now 14.

Adams gave Luck the medical explanation for his growth: "It was my 12th chromosome that broke in half and flipped over and reattached," he said.

The kid is dealing with a lot of problems. It's amazing he's as well adjusted as he is. Watch the video and see the size of the spleen they removed from his body. :eek:

What a great attitude he has. I wish him all the best.

Thank goodness the coach has a big heart and made his football desires come to pass!

The young man's determination and heart is admirable... to repeat teedie's post: bless his heart.

By appearance alone, he looks to be dealing gigantism, but his is totally different: gigantism is hormonal vs his being chromosome based. Progress has been made in the science world when it comes to dealing with gigantism and the hormonal output that causes it... hopefully drs can find a way to slow or stop his extra-ordinary growth, one day soon.

I saw him on a documentary on TLC or one of those channels. He's an amazing kid. Thanks for the link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!
Back