1074 users online (282 members and 792 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Serological Reports (blood)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/15088979/Serological-Exams

There look to be some positives for blood on Caylee's shirt, the Pooh blanket, and the napkins.

Not sure is something else (e.g. decomp fluids) give positives for blood.

I thought it was worth discussing.

What is the difference in Pheno and Hemo in the Blood column? (sorry, lazy & I'll probably get logged out if I tab over to Google (lame excuse) )

Shirt tests positive for Pheno.
    "We wish to find the truth, no matter where it lies. But to find the truth we need imagination and skepticism both. We will not be afraid to speculate, but we will be careful to distinguish speculation from fact." Carl Sagan

I'm not sure but I think Phenotypes can involve DNA and physical characteristics.

Hemo is Hemoglobin in blood. It's what makes red cells, red.

From what I remember, anyway-feel free to correct.
    Last edited by christee; 11-06-2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: corrected 'cause I'm toopid

In The Forest With The Top Down

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/15088979/Serological-Exams

There look to be some positives for blood on Caylee's shirt, the Pooh blanket, and the napkins.

Not sure is something else (e.g. decomp fluids) give positives for blood.

I thought it was worth discussing.

Thank you BeanE. I am wondering the same thing.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

That was my question too about Pheno and Hemo, and I have been googling with no luck. Hopefully someone will come and help us out.

It looks like pheno was positive in several items but hemo in none.

BeanE, Am I reading that there are 2 blankets? And what they are referring to as "napkins", what exactly and where were these located?

"There are two kinds of fools: those who can't change their opinions, and those who won't" ..... Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by christee View Post
    I'm not sure but I think Pheno refer to blood typing.
    So with there being blood, that indicates something more happened...I think that is where the missing tooth is linked. I think Casey hit her ...that is another thread entirely.
    Last edited by JBean; 11-06-2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: removed unecessary remark come on!

Quote Originally Posted by reeseeva View Post
    BeanE, Am I reading that there are 2 blankets? And what they are referring to as "napkins", what exactly and where were these located?
    The napkin's are the items from the trunk trash bag with all the adipocere (sp?).
    "We wish to find the truth, no matter where it lies. But to find the truth we need imagination and skepticism both. We will not be afraid to speculate, but we will be careful to distinguish speculation from fact." Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    That was my question too about Pheno and Hemo, and I have been googling with no luck. Hopefully someone will come and help us out.

It looks like pheno was positive in several items but hemo in none.
    yup, yup....QNS quantity not sufficient. Took me 10 minutes to see that little legend at bottom of the page...doh!

I believe that pheno and hemo are referring to phenotype and hemotype. Those are easier to google and while the definitions are relatively easy to find, the significance of what they mean on this report I'm sure our medical SME's will help us find out.
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

Just went through the document again to pull out the positives:

Shirt
    Pooh blanket
    laundry bag
    koala baby blanket
    4 napkins

I googled pheno and couldn't find anything that tells me what it means.

It's curious to me that the shorts did not test positive, but the shirt and Pooh blanket did.

I just don't know what I'm looking at here lol.

And what is this koala baby blanket? And why is it testing positive for blood?

Yes, there were two blankets tested. One is the Pooh blanket we all know of found with the remains. The other is listed as pink and purple with flowers and a tag reading "Koala baby." I don't remember hearing of this blanket before. This Koala blanket tested positive for one component of semen. Anybody know where this blanket came from?

From Wikipedia:
    A phenotype is any observable characteristic or trait of an organism: such as its morphology, development, biochemical or physiological properties, or behavior. Phenotypes result from the expression of an organism's genes as well as the influence of environmental factors and possible interactions between the two. The genotype of an organism is the inherited instructions it carries within its genetic code.

I'm thinking it could've been part of the decomp fluid???
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

Yes 2 blankets - Pooh and Koala baby. I somehow missed the koala baby until now. Off to see what else I can find on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    Yes, there were two blankets tested. One is the Pooh blanket we all know of found with the remains. The other is listed as pink and purple with flowers and a tag reading "Koala baby." I don't remember hearing of this blanket before. This Koala blanket tested positive for one component of semen. Anybody know where this blanket came from?

Possibly the one DC found in the video of him searching in Nov?
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast