Serological Reports (blood)

What is the difference in Pheno and Hemo in the Blood column? (sorry, lazy & I'll probably get logged out if I tab over to Google (lame excuse) )

Shirt tests positive for Pheno.

I'm not sure but I think Phenotypes can involve DNA and physical characteristics.

Hemo is Hemoglobin in blood. It's what makes red cells, red.

From what I remember, anyway-feel free to correct.

That was my question too about Pheno and Hemo, and I have been googling with no luck. Hopefully someone will come and help us out.

It looks like pheno was positive in several items but hemo in none.

BeanE, Am I reading that there are 2 blankets? And what they are referring to as "napkins", what exactly and where were these located?

I'm not sure but I think Pheno refer to blood typing.

So with there being blood, that indicates something more happened...I think that is where the missing tooth is linked. I think Casey hit her ...that is another thread entirely.

BeanE, Am I reading that there are 2 blankets? And what they are referring to as "napkins", what exactly and where were these located?

The napkin's are the items from the trunk trash bag with all the adipocere (sp?).

That was my question too about Pheno and Hemo, and I have been googling with no luck. Hopefully someone will come and help us out.

It looks like pheno was positive in several items but hemo in none.

yup, yup....QNS quantity not sufficient. Took me 10 minutes to see that little legend at bottom of the page...doh!

I believe that pheno and hemo are referring to phenotype and hemotype. Those are easier to google and while the definitions are relatively easy to find, the significance of what they mean on this report I'm sure our medical SME's will help us find out.

Just went through the document again to pull out the positives:

Shirt
Pooh blanket
laundry bag
koala baby blanket
4 napkins

I googled pheno and couldn't find anything that tells me what it means.

It's curious to me that the shorts did not test positive, but the shirt and Pooh blanket did.

I just don't know what I'm looking at here lol.

And what is this koala baby blanket? And why is it testing positive for blood?

Yes, there were two blankets tested. One is the Pooh blanket we all know of found with the remains. The other is listed as pink and purple with flowers and a tag reading "Koala baby." I don't remember hearing of this blanket before. This Koala blanket tested positive for one component of semen. Anybody know where this blanket came from?

From Wikipedia:
A phenotype is any observable characteristic or trait of an organism: such as its morphology, development, biochemical or physiological properties, or behavior. Phenotypes result from the expression of an organism's genes as well as the influence of environmental factors and possible interactions between the two. The genotype of an organism is the inherited instructions it carries within its genetic code.

I'm thinking it could've been part of the decomp fluid???

Yes 2 blankets - Pooh and Koala baby. I somehow missed the koala baby until now. Off to see what else I can find on it.

Yes, there were two blankets tested. One is the Pooh blanket we all know of found with the remains. The other is listed as pink and purple with flowers and a tag reading "Koala baby." I don't remember hearing of this blanket before. This Koala blanket tested positive for one component of semen. Anybody know where this blanket came from?

Possibly the one DC found in the video of him searching in Nov?

Q103 blanket w/ tag "Koala baby":
tested positive for Pheono and showed slight flourescence under ALS(alternate light source)

This helps with define Pheno:

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4TSHA_enUS324US324&defl=en&q=define:phenotype&ei=F6X0SqfQGoHL8QbT3u3zCQ&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CAcQkAE"]define:phenotype - Google Search[/ame]

Q248.1, Napkins:
faint Positive for Pheno-spot testing for Pheno Neg, prob because QNS

faint positive for Pheno on 3 other napkins

Is there any more information about the paper towel found in Caseys trunk with decomp and hair, I hope and pray it is Caseys hair.

Is there any more information about the paper towel found in Caseys trunk with decomp and hair, I hope and pray it is Caseys hair.

In the bug report. I haven't finished reading all doc's yet, so can't say if the hair was identified, (sounds like KC though)

Any one find that info yet?

TIA

ETA Paper towel also discussed in older threads about the trash bag in the trunk etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back