TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #2 *Guilty*

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 1

Prayers to all the servicemembers and their families.

Salem

<snip>

Osman Danquah, the co-founder of the Islamic Community of Greater Killeen said he had a bad feeling about Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan after the two talked twice in late summer, according to the Associated Press.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...009/11/07/ap_muslim_leader_said_he_had_a.html

<snip>
Police officer credited with halting rampage called lifesaver - again

Pinned to the ground with a man choking him and grabbing for his handgun, police officer Shaun Appler caught out of the corner of his eye a small figure leaping through the air to free him.

From that day on, Appler called Kimberly Munley "Mighty Mouse." Now a civilian police officer at Fort Hood, she is credited with stopping a rampage shooting at the Army post Thursday, in which 13 people were killed.

"She saved my life that night," said Appler, a former partner of Munley's with the Wrightsville Beach, N.C., Police Department

more here

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/2009/11/07/1107hoodofficer.html

<snip>
Muslims at Friday service have moment of silence, voice their horror.

He said his first reaction to the news of shootings was "angry embarrassment," and his concerns echoed those of others in the Central Texas Muslim community, who arrived at services in a somber mood.

"I hope people don't make themselves believe that religion has anything to do with what happened," Kamal said.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/2009/11/07/1107hoodislam.html

<snip>

Fort Hood suspect went to DC security conferences

WASHINGTON (AP) — The suspected Fort Hood shooter has participated in homeland security conferences since 2008 at George Washington University while based in the Washington area.

Cilluffo says he remembers Hasan wore Army fatigues to conferences, which seemed odd at the time. Cilluffo says he remembers cutting Hasan off once for rambling, though he doesn’t remember the subject.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...009/11/06/fort_hood_suspect_went_to_dc_s.html

Oh good lord, the media and talking heads are now trying to tell us that PTSD is contageous? PTSD had nothing to do with this!!!

http://cbs11tv.com/wireapnewstx/George.W.Bush.2.1298076.html

George W. Bush Visits Fort Hood, Wounded Soldiers

Former President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, visited wounded soldiers and their families near the site of the worst mass shooting on an Army post in the United States.

The Bushes made their private visit to Fort Hood's Darnall Army Medical Center on Friday night

:furious:When they made the death toll of 13, did they include the pregnant woman mentioned at the end of the previous thread and her unborn as 2 people? They should if they didn't do so!
Hasan needs the worst death penalty that can be thought of!:furious:

My prayers to all those soldiers and their families!

<snip>

Maj. Libardo Eduardo Caraveo, 52, of Woodbridge, Va., was a licensed clinical psychologist and was part of the Army Reserves 467th Combat Stress Control Detachment out of Madison, Wis, the New York Times said.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...009/11/07/another_fallen_soldier_identif.html

ETA: New info on Maj. Caraveo

Major L. Eduardo Caraveo, 52, arrived in the United States in his teens from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, knowing very little English said his son, also named Eduardo Caraveo.

He earned his doctorate in psychology from the University of Arizona and worked with bilingual special-needs students at Tucson-area schools before entering private practice.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...009/11/07/new_info_on_fort_hood_shooting.html

<snip>
Muslims at Friday service have moment of silence, voice their horror.

He said his first reaction to the news of shootings was "angry embarrassment," and his concerns echoed those of others in the Central Texas Muslim community, who arrived at services in a somber mood.

"I hope people don't make themselves believe that religion has anything to do with what happened," Kamal said.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...hoodislam.html

But it has EVERYTHING to do with what happened.

How many terrorist crimes have occurred or been foiled in the last YEAR, all committed in the name of Islam?

You can't, with integrity, turn your back on your fellow Islamics who perpetrate terror and say "they are not US". They ARE YOU. Take responsibility for your OWN!! DO SOMETHING about them. Don't just make pathetic, victimy statements to the press. Don't just separate yourselves from them, it's absurd. Every three year old can connect the dang dots!!

In my humble opinion, those who wish to pay the shooter any measure of sympathy or absolution due to his religious preferences are in turn disparaging the memory of the fallen soldiers, civilian, injured servicemen, mp's, medical personnel and those returning from war that are truly suffering from PTSD.

When is the journalism industry going to realize that America wants the truth, not sensationalized reports that cloud the truth and alter the publics beliefs of the clarity of the situation?

Integrity, especially is the case of victims, needs to be the forefront of any articles. The soldiers of the United State Army, sacrifice for their country and their families well being every day they are in the service to our country. They in no way deserve to be compared to this heinous mad man/terrorist.

How can a person who was perfectly willing to join an organization set up to defend the US interests, decide to turn against that organization, when his "comfort zone" is threatened? He had NO problem accepting an education, food, housing, pay, medical benefits etc. He is trained in the art of psychiatry for Gods sake. He had resources available to him that many soldiers are unable to attain. He had tools at his disposal that could have attained his goals of not deploying to a war zone, as he was obviously willing to commit such an insane act. All he had to do was go into command and tell them of his plan to kill his fellow soldiers, that he had weaponry to carry out the mission and he had given away all of his personal belongings.

I hope that someone in government is willing to stand up and come forward with a clear and precise account of what this truly was. An act of terrorism against our soldiers and the USAn

In my humble opinion, those who wish to pay the shooter any measure of sympathy or absolution due to his religious preferences are in turn disparaging the memory of the fallen soldiers, civilian, injured servicemen, mp's, medical personnel and those returning from war that are truly suffering from PTSD.

When is the journalism industry going to realize that America wants the truth, not sensationalized reports that cloud the truth and alter the publics beliefs of the clarity of the situation?

Integrity, especially is the case of victims, needs to be the forefront of any articles. The soldiers of the United State Army, sacrifice for their country and their families well being every day they are in the service to our country. They in no way deserve to be compared to this heinous mad man/terrorist.

How can a person who was perfectly willing to join an organization set up to defend the US interests, decide to turn against that organization, when his "comfort zone" is threatened? He had NO problem accepting an education, food, housing, pay, medical benefits etc. He is trained in the art of psychiatry for Gods sake. He had resources available to him that many soldiers are unable to attain. He had tools at his disposal that could have attained his goals of not deploying to a war zone, as he was obviously willing to commit such an insane act. All he had to do was go into command and tell them of his plan to kill his fellow soldiers, that he had weaponry to carry out the mission and he had given away all of his personal belongings.

I hope that someone in government is willing to stand up and come forward with a clear and precise account of what this truly was. An act of terrorism against our soldiers and the USAn

I believe the only way to get the journalism industry to change is to reduce their revenue by canceling newspaper and magazine subscriptions and sending a letter telling them why, by changing the television channel and sending a letter telling them why, and by changing the radio station and sending a letter telling them why. When they are losing subscribers, viewers and listeners their bottom line is affected. Only then will they be concerned enough to change. JMHO, of course.

My prayers are with the soldiers and their loved ones. May the victims heal quickly, may those who died rest in peace and may their loved ones have the strength they need to get through this horrible time.

May the shooter... well, I better not say what I hope for him.

As humans we are all equal. No one is better or worse than the next.

Something everyone here at WS has apparently forgotten.

RIP to all of the fallen and injured individuals.

Peace on earth and goodwill be done to ALL people!

I believe the only way to get the journalism industry to change is to reduce their revenue by canceling newspaper and magazine subscriptions and sending a letter telling them why, by changing the television channel and sending a letter telling them why, and by changing the radio station and sending a letter telling them why. When they are losing subscribers, viewers and listeners their bottom line is affected. Only then will they be concerned enough to change. JMHO, of course.

My prayers are with the soldiers and their loved ones. May the victims heal quickly, may those who died rest in peace and may their loved ones have the strength they need to get through this horrible time.

May the shooter... well, I better not say what I hope for him.

Most of these very "PC" newspapers are going out of business,part of it due to the internet,but part of it due to the fact that they produce crappy newspapers! Same goes with news programs. They need to check the ratings and see whose on top. There's a reason!!

fox refers to majority media as "lamestream media"...gotta love it

<snip>

After Fort Hood And Orlando Rampages, Expert Discusses Causes, Warning Signs Would-Be Gunmen Give Off, And How to React

The nation is reeling from two mass shootings in as many days, leading many to wonder, yet again, what could drive people to such acts of mass violence. Are there warning signs -- red flags -- that can signal trouble may be brewing? And if you notice them in someone you know, what should you do about it?

Dr. Alan Lipman, a clinical psychologist and director of the Center for the Study of Violence<.link>, in Washington., D.C., says there are three types of people who go over the edge like that: the person is psychotic and has lost touch with reality, the person is depressed and feeling hopeless, or the person is a psychopath and enjoys killing. "It's always going to be one of these three," he told CBS News.

Lipman says people don't always just "snap" -- it's "not always so quick. "First of all," he explains, "there's a period of buildup, then there's more anger and hopelessness, and then, finally, there is the trigger -- something that causes them to go from just an angry person to being a killer. When Major Hasan (a devout Muslin), discovered he was being deployed to the Middle East -- that may have been was his trigger." Rodriguez complained to a reporter that the engineering firm had left him "to rot."

more here

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/07/earlyshow/saturday/main5563817.shtml

hi iridized,

there are many horrors around the world at the present time, but the propaganda machine is our wonderful free country has even distorted history with incorrect school text books as just one example i can think of. course, that's in addition to distortions from the lamestream media and their pc attitudes that put patriotic americans at the bottom of the heap

we don't hear much either about the 7 million plus people that stalin killed in the 1930s (including his public declaration of his intent to "liquidate" certain ethnic groups because he deemed their class and education level too high) his carried out his intent

we don't hear much (if anything) about the islamic fundamentalist turks who murdered over one million five hundred thousand christian armenians in the early 1900s!!!!!! these turks declared the armenians infidels...that sounds familiar...and HITLER took great note that the world at large did nothing. this he took as permission to carry out his liquidation of the jews.

i would wager that most average americans on the street do not know that stalin murdered more people than hitler...or that so many christians were murdered for their religion in the very recent past!!!!

heads up, everybody!!!!!!!

<snip>

The following 13 people died in the Nov. 5 shooting at Fort Hood.

Lt. Col. Juanita L. Warman, 55, of Havre De Grace, Md. She was assigned to the 1908th Medical Company, Independence, Mo.

Maj. Libardo Caraveo, 52, of Woodbridge, Va. He was assigned to the 467th Medical Detachment, Madison, Wis.

Capt. John P. Gaffaney, 54, of San Diego, Calif. He was assigned to the 1908th Medical Company, Independence, Mo.

Capt. Russell Seager, 41, of Racine, Wis. He was assigned to the 467th Medical Company, Madison, Wis.

Staff Sgt. Justin Decrow, 32, of Plymouth, Ind. He was assigned to the 16th Signal Company, Fort Hood, Texas.

Sgt. Amy Krueger, 29, of Kiel, Wis. She was assigned to the 467th Medical Company, Madison, Wis.

Spc. Jason Hunt, 22, of Tillman, Okla. He was assigned to the 1st Brigade, Fort Hood, Texas.

Spc. Frederick Greene, 29, of Mountain City, Tenn. He was assigned to the 16th Signal Company, Fort Hood, Texas.

Pfc. Aaron Nemelka, 19, of West Jordan, Utah. He was assigned to the 510th Engineer Company, 20th Engineer Battalion, Fort Hood, Texas.

Pfc. Michael Pearson, 22, of Bolinbrook, Ill. He was assigned to the 510th Engineer Company, 20th Engineer Battalion, Fort Hood, Texas.

Spc. Kham Xiong, 23, of St. Paul, Minn. He was assigned to the 510th Engineer Company, 20th Engineer Battalion, Fort Hood, Texas.

Pvt. Francheska Velez, 21, of Chicago, Ill. She was assigned to the 15th Combat Support Battalion, Fort Hood, Texas.

Mr. Michael Cahill of Cameron, Texas. He was a civilian employee on Fort Hood.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/military/army/names+released+of+fort+hood+casualties

Prayers for their families & all our military men & women.

gosh, if you listen to the media there is no such thing as an islamic fundamentalist terrorist these days. there are just disgruntled poor people who have been shat upon by the big bad us of a. baloney. we are considered infidels and there are many many active evil misdirected (an understatement if ever there was one) living breathing people with long range plans already well in motion for our liquidation. really

As humans we are all equal. No one is better or worse than the next.

Something everyone here at WS has apparently forgotten.

RIP to all of the fallen and injured individuals.

Peace on earth and goodwill be done to ALL people!

What? What's your point?

We are CREATED equal. We don't all behave equally as demonstrated by this shooter who decided to take decent people from their earthly lives which was not his decision to make. Don't compare all people to him as most of us would never do such a thing EVER. Most of us want to help other people to be happier, to live in harmony and to assist in their comfort. Most of us want to see life lived to old age and problems conquered by thinking and evolving toward better ideas, tolerance and education. Most of us are not contemplating how to infiltrate and take over other peoples' countries for purposes of harming them if unprovoked. When provoked, most of us want to protect what is ours - and have every right to do so.

What's your cause? What don't you understand about human nature? Do you think every action can be justified?

Explain where you are coming from please. We all have free will - most of us don't use it to intentionally harm others.

His soul will be judged. God does not judge equally. Some will be first and some will be last and some will burn in Hell.

<snip>

Seconds after Todd arrived on the scene, he said he saw a calm-looking Hasan, his gun drawn and his fingers pointing at people outside the Soldier Readiness Processing Center. Todd said he then saw Hasan shooting at soldiers as they attempted to flee.

"He was firing at people as they were trying to run and hide," Todd told The Associated Press Saturday.

That's when Todd, a retired soldier who now works as a civilian police officer at Ford Hood, said he shouted at Hasan to stop.

"I told him stop and drop your weapons, I identified myself as police and he turned and fired a couple of rounds at me. I didn't hear him say a word ... he just turned and fired."

Todd said he fired his Beretta at Hasan. Hasan flinched, Todd said, then slid down against a telephone pole and fell on his back. Todd says he then heard bystanders say "two more, two more."

At first he thought the soldiers meant there were two more suspects, but then he realized they were urging him to fire two more rounds at Hasan, thinking he was still posing a threat.

much more here

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...FFICERS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back