1048 users online (194 members and 854 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation 68 Year Old Woman Passes Written Part Of Drivers Test On 950th Try!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8347164.stm

A South Korean woman is celebrating after passing the written exam for a driving licence - on her 950th attempt.

After four years of trying, 68-year-old Cha Sa-soon finally managed to secure the 60 out of 100 points needed to pass the test.

Cha Sa-soon says she needs a licence for a vegetable-selling business.

Thank God she's across a wide ocean and won't be driving here anytime soon. (no pun intended.)

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Well, this is kinda scary. Watch out everyone!

Persistent lady. Wonder how long it will take her to pass the driving test! wouldn't you have the questions memorized by about uhm the 300th try????

Lexiintoronto is offline Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    I'm pretty sure this is her trying to park:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uLECuGK07U"]YouTube- Parking Fail[/ame]

Just Sayin

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD1HjgobfvQ"]YouTube- Women on wheels[/ame]

Just sayin.

My first thought when I saw the title of this thread was "please don't let her live in Texas!"
    I'm glad she isn't in this country.

What a great thread. I laughed alot! Thanks!

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post

Those look like European women. American women drive much better.

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    Um...
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

The story sends a good message of never giving up, have hope, keep trying and succeed! Good for her to not have given up, that is a lot of tries!
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Here is another priceless 'parking' job. Lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do6pmYfNco0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- [Original] Extreme Fitness BMW parking failure. [As seen on the CP24/CTV] Worst parking job ever![/ame]
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Lexiintoronto is offline Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    Can you believe that?!! The BMW flattens two cars and then just casually drives off *woops!* *oh, well . la-la-laaa..* The happy ending is that Hyundai surprised the squashed Hyundai owner with a brand new car.

ETA: Also, the driver of the BMW tank was found: it was a 62 year-old woman charged with failure to remain.
    Last edited by Lexiintoronto; 11-09-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    The story sends a good message of never giving up, have hope, keep trying and succeed! Good for her to not have given up, that is a lot of tries!
    The story isn't over yet. I have a feeling it will end with she should have stopped trying, she should have given up and "success" will be only running over 7 fruit stands instead of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexiintoronto View Post
    Can you believe that?!! The BMW flattens two cars and then just casually drives off *woops!* *oh, well . la-la-laaa..* The happy ending is that Hyundai surprised the squashed Hyundai owner with a brand new car.

ETA: Also, the driver of the BMW tank was found: it was a 62 year-old woman charged with failure to remain.
    Muuusssttt, not make sexist joke. Muusstt not make sexist joke.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Feeding the flames of sexism here:

A woman drives her truck into a 1,500 gallon aquarium at Tampa's airport. She had her 6 yr old sitting on her lap unrestrained. They were unhurt but unfortunately over 90% of the tropical fish perished.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33831758...ews/?GT1=43001
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8347164.stm

A South Korean woman is celebrating after passing the written exam for a driving licence - on her 950th attempt.

After four years of trying, 68-year-old Cha Sa-soon finally managed to secure the 60 out of 100 points needed to pass the test.

Cha Sa-soon says she needs a licence for a vegetable-selling business.

Thank God she's across a wide ocean and won't be driving here anytime soon. (no pun intended.)
    too funny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast