OH OH - Janet Dolgae, 28, Trumbull County, 1 Oct 1989

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.wfmj.com/Global/story.asp?S=11456247

The family of a Trumbull county woman who has been missing for 20 years is trying to revive the case.

Janet Rose Dolgae was 28 years old when she was last seen.

Jim Henderson, Dolgae's brother, said the family is using the internet to try to reach out across the country to try to find her.

"I have to get her picture out there because someone's going to know where she was at, who she was with last," Henderson said.

Anyone with any information about Dolgae's whereabouts is asked to contact their local law enforcement agency.

no pic at link

dolgae_janet2.jpg

Jane Rose Dolgae

Missing since October 1, 1989 from Cortland, OH, Trumbull County

5'6"-5'8", 140 lbs

28 years old at the time she went missing

Brown hair, brown/hazel eyes, scar on her left leg from cigarette lighter burn,
pierced ears.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dolgae_janet.html

http://www.nampn.org/cases/dolgae_janet.html

A starting point would be to know her connections elsewhere. I assume she had out of state connections as her residence was listed as 'out of state' in the divorce granted to her ex-husband in Ohio in 1986. I notice that she was last seen with her ex-husband. This seems surprising given that the divorce was granted 3 years earlier on the grounds of her gross neglect or extreme cruelty. But it seems she was back living with him and that they had had a fight (all this from comment from her brother in various places). So it seems there are 2 possibilities;
  • She left and started anew somewhere, presumably out of state or
  • Foul play, in which case her ex is an obvious focus
Unfortunately it also seems that the police are culpable in all of this. She lived in Weatherfield and was last seen there, but the police chief, a Joe Consiglio, denied it was their case - claiming she was last seen elsewhere, an obvious fabrication. I do not know what reputation Consiglio had (he is now dead) but if this was typical the community was not well served.

Janet's brother JH keeps a Facebook page with her name (and Henderson after her name which was her maiden name, his name being Jim). Not sure if I'm allowed to leave a link but that can be looked up. Some flyers say Warren police and some say Trumbull County Sheriff is police jurisdiction in Ohio but case is clearly not very active. Her brother obviously cares. Has a picture of her and former husband on the page indicating uncertainty where he is as well.

32 years missing

Details​

Janet was possibly dressed to go to work as a hostess at a restaurant in Niles, Ohio. She was wearing black dress pants, white blouse and black rubber sole shoes. She usually wore a mother's ring. Her ears are pierced. She has a scar from a lighter burn on her left leg.

Dec 6, 2009

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back