OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingmydad

Reaction score
My dad was murdered May 14, 2009. After 3 days of us hunting for him, he was found shot and dumped into a strip pit.No known enemies, local business owner his entire life. Very well like & respected in this community. Would anyone please take a look at any of the articles regarding his murder and see if anyone has any ideas? Joe Neff, Poteau, Oklahoma. Channel 40/29 Hometown News & Poteau Daily News & Sun has covered this story from day 1. His murder was a week and a half after the other unsolved murder of Jody Rilee Wilson in Heavener. As of yesterday the LE brought in 2 FBI 2 US Marshalls 2 more OSBI They formed a new task force to solve these 2 unsolved murders. Lets hope we get some answers.

My dad was murdered May 14, 2009. After 3 days of us hunting for him, he was found shot and dumped into a strip pit.No known enemies, local business owner his entire life. Very well like & respected in this community. Would anyone please take a look at any of the articles regarding his murder and see if anyone has any ideas? Joe Neff, Poteau, Oklahoma. Channel 40/29 Hometown News & Poteau Daily News & Sun has covered this story from day 1. His murder was a week and a half after the other unsolved murder of Jody Rilee Wilson in Heavener. As of yesterday the LE brought in 2 FBI 2 US Marshalls 2 more OSBI They formed a new task force to solve these 2 unsolved murders. Lets hope we get some answers.

{{{Hugs}}} Of COURSE we will help you!!! Do you have any links saved on your computer of the sites?

Police Find Safe Ransacked At Joe Neff's Home

Police continue to search for bar owner Joe Neff, who hasn't been seen since a violent crime scene was discovered at his Long Branch Saloon in Poteau, Okla.

POSTED: 5:44 pm CDT May 15, 2009
UPDATED: 6:52 pm CDT May 15, 2009

POTEAU, Okla. -- Police said more signs of foul play have turned up in their search for a missing Oklahoma bar owner.

Joe Neff's girlfriend said that when she went to the Long Branch Saloon in Poteau at noon on Thursday, she found what police described as a violent crime scene.

On Friday, police searched Neff's home and found that his personal safe had been broken into. There were also thousands of dollars missing from the safe.

Police said they're looking for an older-model red import pickup truck that may have been in the area when Neff disappeared.

His family and friends said they're hopeful Neff is found quickly.

"Joe's the best man in the world," said friend J. Parker. "He'd do anything for anybody."

Neff's family is offering a $10,000 reward for any information that may lead to his whereabouts.

http://www.4029tv.com/news/19475932/detail.html

Here is his picture and I must say, he was handsome!

joeneff.jpg

HUGS Missingmydad! Welcome to WS!

My thoughts and prayers are with you MMD, and I hope we can do something here to help you!

Wed May 13, 2009: Joe’s GF goes to Long Branch Saloon (Joe’s business) at 68155 US 59, near Poteau, OK and finds signs of a violent crime that includes blood. LE discovers money taken from a safe in his home.

Thursday May 14, 2009 at 9AM: Joe seen in a local store per a female friend.

Friday May 15, 2009: LE performs ground search and spends time at Joe’s home

Sunday May 17, 2009: Two fishermen find Joe in a strip pit off Davis Road in Pocola.

Did someone know about his safe?
When he would be alone?

Former or current employees of bar?

LeFlore County's 6 homicides unusually high

by: RON JACKSON NewsOK.com
Sunday, June 14, 2009
6/14/2009 3:52:40 AM

POTEAU — Six homicide cases have crossed the paths of LeFlore County authorities since Jan. 1, leaving many mystified and disturbed by the rash of killings in a relatively tranquil county of fewer than 50,000 people.

"LeFlore County is a pretty nice, quiet place to live," said District Attorney Jeff Smith. "I've raised four children here so obviously we like it here, but this is highly unusual to have this many deaths. On average, we've had one or two homicides a year — maybe."

Researchers would have to go back to 2002 when LeFlore County officials last handled six homicide cases, Smith said. Yet officials saw that total matched June 1 with the shooting death of a Cameron man during a neighborhood squabble.

"Someone suggested there might be something in the Poteau River water," said LeFlore County Sheriff Bruce Curnutt, trying to find humor amid the sad string of events. "I don't know if this is tied to our struggling economy or stress or what. I just know the homicides are piling up.

"We literally had a homicide investigation the first minute of my administration on New Year's Day."

Here is a look at those cases:

Jan. 1: Mikal Morphis, 20, is stabbed during an altercation at a New Year's Eve party at his house. He dies shortly after midnight, marking the first homicide case for the newly elected Curnutt.

Jan. 28: A rancher finds the body of Allen Len Metzker, 28, of Shady Point in a ditch. Authorities determine Metzker was killed at the scene by multiple gunshots.

May 8: A paraglider flying over Poteau Mountain spots the decomposed body of Jody Rilee Wilson, 23, of Wister. A cause of death is still pending, according to Oklahoma State Medical Examiner spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard.

May 11: Aiden Furney, 3 1/2 months, is brought to the Eastern Oklahoma Medical Center in Poteau by her mother and the mother's live-in boyfriend. Aiden dies the next day from blunt-force trauma to the head, according to Ballard.

May 17: Fishermen find the body of popular bar owner Joe Neff, 61, of Poteau in the water of an old mining strip near Pocola. Neff, who had been missing since May 14, died of a gunshot wound to the head, Ballard said.

June 1: Heath Lomon, 37, of Cameron is shot to death across the street from his home during an altercation with a neighbor's hired workers.
<snipped>

ETA: Some of these are solved...Have they determined what happened to Jody Wilson?

There definitely seems to be something wrong going on in such a lowly poplulated area!!!

Did someone know about his safe?
When he would be alone?

Former or current employees of bar?

One of the articles said that he hadn't had any recent problems with bar patrons at all. I also read a comment that he only served beer at the bar. It looks like they injured him at the bar and then took him to his house to get into the safe.

I wonder if someone knew he had a safe at home? I doubt he would offer that info up when getting beat up but I'm just throwing thoughts out there.....

Joe Neff, 61
Place: Poteau

Time elapsed: Four months, 20 days

Case summary: Police were called to Neff&#8217;s Long Branch Saloon off U.S. 59 on May 14 after a friend of Neff&#8217;s found a lot of blood, as well as Neff&#8217;s straw hat and cigarette lighter. Three days later fishermen found Neff&#8217;s body in an old mining strip 12 miles north near Pocola. He had been killed by a gunshot wound to the head. No arrests have been made.

Comment: "Go around town, and you&#8217;ll see where people have taken down posters about my dad&#8217;s case,&#8221; said a sobbing Marie Pitchford, Neff&#8217;s daughter. "I know it&#8217;s just a piece of paper to them, but that&#8217;s my father.
<snipped>

Read more: http://newsok.com/some-oklahoma-homicide-cases-linger-but-arent-cold/article/3406134#ixzz0WFe8Ja8Z

Missingmydad: More members will be reading about your dad tomorrow. I'm going to go and read more about his case in the meantime. Please copy, correct and add to the timeline. Perhaps we have some other locals who will see this also. Also, please try to edit the headline to OK-Joe Neff - My dad's unsolved murder 2009, if you can. And when a Mod comes by, we'll get your thread moved over to the crime forum. (Just some housekeeping so that we are in the right spot for the sleuthers that specialize in solving murder cases).

And most important of all to me...:praying: we find his justice for your dad!!!

Welcome to WS Missingmydad. Any ideas on who's taking your dad's posters down?

Kimster wow, someone certainly didn't like this guy. Girlfriends ex? Former business partner? Interesting.

Did this guy have a cell phone?

Just a suggestion, the forensic astrology here is amazing...If you ask Tuba or Soulscape to help, I am sure they can do a chart for you hon. My heart goes out to you. Please check out the forensic astrology forum if you haven't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10