Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
    I don't disagree. However, my interest in the tape is, first, to verify that tape was, indeed, used to retrain Mr. Neff's arms. Second, I want to know if they found the roll of tape and if so, where? Was it tape that was kept in the bar?

If the murderers brought the tape with them, we can cancel out any thought that what took place -- murder and a likely kidnapping and home robbery -- did not stem from a plan.
    very true, if they planned it they would have brought all items they needed with them ex: gun, whatever...so then we would know if they had arranged the meeting, not just an argument gone bad.
    ...for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. Matt 10:26

2. The Following User Says Thank You to missingmydad For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sameole View Post
    You had mentioned that your father had recently sold his trash business. What are the folks like that he sold it to? Are they from that area?
    my sister and her husband bought it several years ago. so its not about that.
    ...for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. Matt 10:26

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to missingmydad For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by roselvr View Post
    thanks; wasn't sure which way you were going with wanting to know about the tape.

Depending on what type of tape it was; it could have been in someone's car. I'm pretty sure i have a roll of duct tape in mine.

If his hands were taped; i'd also want to know if his hands were behind his back; because to me, i'd think someone put him in a trunk and wanted to make sure he did not use his hands to get out. I also wonder if it was the gunshot that killed him or if he was wounded and the water finished it.

To me, i'd imagine he would kick whatever was on top of him (such as truck bed cover) to try to get out if he was conscious. I can't see them driving with him at that time of the day in the open.

missingmydad, sorry to be so graphic. Writing it is not easy for me; it rips my heart out just trying to find the words to type, knowing that you are here reading. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to read. Please know that whatever i do type; i do so with a very heavy heart. these are the 1st holiday's without your dad which is hard enough on you; to try to come here, read and give input really has to wipe you out emotionally. You know where to "find me" if you need to talk.

don't worry. Yes it is very hard but i am determined to figure this out. Any questions, please ask. I know that it is graphic, but the reality is this monster shot and killed my dad and dumped him like trash. I know it, i would rather know the truth than wonder, even though the truth is terrible. The horrible things i imagine are worse
    ok- the death certificate states that cause of death was gunshot wound to head. So water did not do it. I don't have me report but the dc indicates he was dead when he hit water, praise god. I worried about that day and night for weeks, scared they threw him in the water and drowned him, horrible. We had heard a few witnesses saw red truck, no word of bed cover etc, but no mention of car, i wonder if a car did come and he was put in trunk. I find it hard to see how they made it all that way with dad in bed of truck..?..! I thank you all for your efforts, keep them questions coming, i will do my best to answer. Thank you so much to all of you from the bottom of my heart.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to missingmydad For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by missingmydad View Post
    very true, if they planned it they would have brought all items they needed with them ex: gun, whatever...so then we would know if they had arranged the meeting, not just an argument gone bad.
    Exactly.

This is why I previously asked for an understanding of how LE determined that the safe in the house was truly robbed as well as how LE determined exactly how much was taken.

As regards the duct tape, if you talk to the barmaids, they would likely know if duct tape was kept in the bar.

Someone in the family should try to independently collect all the information they can on behalf of the family. It's absurd that LE is keeping most everything in the way of probative or inferential evidence from the family and not providing progress reports to boot.

FWIW
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wudge For This Useful Post:

Bumping back up to first page

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rccook555 For This Useful Post:

Task force sought for Le Flore County's pending cases
    Homicide: Police want new ideas for unsolved slayings
    BY RON JACKSON
    Published: December 2, 2009

POTEAU — Le Flore County Sheriff Bruce Curnutt put aside any territorial pride by creating a task force to explore the homicide of Poteau bar owner Joe Neff and the "suspicious death” of Jody Rilee Wilson. Both cases date to May and both remain unsolved.

"I’m not interested in any turf war,” said Curnutt, referring to police jurisdiction.

"No one gains anything then except the bad guys. I think we’re all just interested in justice for the families of those victims.

"We just got to the point where all the leads were drying up. We needed to get some new ideas flowing.”

Curnutt and the new task force will meet Friday for the first time since forming and exchanging notes last month. The task force involves representatives from five agencies: the FBI, the U.S. Marshal’s Office, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, the Le Flore County district attorney’s office and the Le Flore County sheriff’s office.

"I cried when I first heard the news,” said Marie Pitchford, the older of Neff’s two daughters.

"My life has changed in ways I never imagined. I still haven’t returned to work, and I never go out after dark. I don’t go to the movie theater, the grocery store, nothing. I won’t even go to Walmart after dark.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/article/342192...#ixzz0YY7As9fx
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by missingmydad View Post
    don't worry. Yes it is very hard but i am determined to figure this out. Any questions, please ask. I know that it is graphic, but the reality is this monster shot and killed my dad and dumped him like trash. I know it, i would rather know the truth than wonder, even though the truth is terrible. The horrible things i imagine are worse
    ok- the death certificate states that cause of death was gunshot wound to head. So water did not do it. I don't have me report but the dc indicates he was dead when he hit water, praise god. I worried about that day and night for weeks, scared they threw him in the water and drowned him, horrible. We had heard a few witnesses saw red truck, no word of bed cover etc, but no mention of car, i wonder if a car did come and he was put in trunk. I find it hard to see how they made it all that way with dad in bed of truck..?..! I thank you all for your efforts, keep them questions coming, i will do my best to answer. Thank you so much to all of you from the bottom of my heart.
    HI missingmydad, I was wondering, after your dad was discovered, and reports of a red truck circulated, do you know if they tried to see if any evidence (blood specifically) was washed out in a car wash? if any evidence may have been in the car wash? I'm just thinking...if someone transported and the vehicle that is a personal vehicle was messy, would they take the chances of washing it off at home and leaving evidence? even if they took it to the car wash, would it be possible to get evidence that way? anyone know?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post:

I am trying to figure out why he was dumped in Pocola. Why 20 miles away? Wondering if the killer/s where on their way to Fort Smith and it just happened to be a spot they where familiar with. Why take him that far away? There is plenty of desolate places between Poteau and Pocola. I dont think they were trying very hard to conceal him. They were either really stupid or didnt care if he was found. It is like they were just buying a bit of time before he would be found.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rccook555 For This Useful Post:

Sheriff Bruce Curnutt put aside any territorial pride by creating a task force to explore the homicide of Poteau bar owner Joe Neff and the "suspicious death” of Jody Rilee Wilson. Both cases date to May and both remain unsolved.

I’m not interested in any turf war,” said Curnutt, referring to police jurisdiction. "No one gains anything then except the bad guys. I think we’re all just interested in justice for the families of those victims

Snipped
    In the Neff case, Curnutt thinks the FBI can provide some technical "toys" that might help better explore an old mining pit where the 61-year-old’s body was found May 17 by fishermen.
    snipped

His home safe had been opened with thousands of dollars suspected missing, but thousands more still present. Later, when Neff’s body was pulled from the mining strip, Curnett watched as $740 was removed from his shirt pocket.

We’re starting to think now that the murder and robbery of the safe might be two seperate events,” Curnett said.

Bolded by me
    Last edited by rccook555; 12-02-2009 at 02:07 PM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rccook555 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rccook555 View Post
    His home safe had been opened with thousands of dollars suspected missing, but thousands more still present. Later, when Neff’s body was pulled from the mining strip, Curnett watched as $740 was removed from his shirt pocket.

We’re starting to think now that the murder and robbery of the safe might be two seperate events,” Curnett said.

Bolded by me
    The fact that thousands more were still present points toward Mr. Neff being in that safe before this incident happened and he just didn't close the door or someone close tried to make it look like robbery. I feel strongly about "it was Mr. Neff" just left the door open. Robbery was definately not the motive here. The person who did this horrific crime whether they pulled the trigger or not has gone out of their way to keep the attention (suspicion) off of themselves.

Missingmydad,

Is there a time of death on the death certificate?
    Debbie

To catch a criminal, you must think like one. (Professor Hamre)

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Debbie Miller For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Miller View Post
    The fact that thousands more were still present points toward Mr. Neff being in that safe before this incident happened and he just didn't close the door or someone close tried to make it look like robbery. I feel strongly about "it was Mr. Neff" just left the door open. Robbery was definately not the motive here. The person who did this horrific crime whether they pulled the trigger or not has gone out of their way to keep the attention (suspicion) off of themselves.

Missingmydad,

Is there a time of death on the death certificate?
    Good points. I agree the safe wasn't burgled. But if he had taken a significant amount of money out of the safe, could he have been carrying that money the morning he opened the bar, expecting to meet someone to purchase an item, and the seller decided to get the money without delivering the goods?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

MMD, did you know about the thousands more in the safe? Sorry if you have already said and I missed it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rccook555 View Post

Interesting that they are now giving the safe information out BUT Marie has not been told this; unless she does know but was asked not to say anything.

Horrible if they are giving newspapers the info before family.

As far as the safe & it not being related.. wonder if they are reading here.

Last edited by Roselvr; 12-02-2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: lol removal.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

Missingmydad,

The new task force referred to in the story on link below is a perfect opportunity for you and/or someone in the family to obtain basic case information. Stop in to see the Sherriff and let him know you would like to meet with the task force for 15 minutes or so every two weeks.

http://newsok.com/task-force-sought-...ad_story_title

Once and for all, find out as much as you can about how the alleged robbery of the safe was determined as well as how much the task force deems to have been stolen.

As discussed, clear up the tape rumor. And if tape was used, was the source a roll of tape from your Father's bar?

Plus, nail down exactly where your Father was shot.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wudge For This Useful Post:

Task force sought for Le Flore County's pending cases News OK.com

I want to point out that it looks like Jody's dad used his political pull to get the task force going

~Snip~

"People need to realize the killer is still out there. I just pray some day we’ll have answers, and maybe this task force is what it will take.”

Jim Rilee, who is Wilson’s father, said he lobbied long and hard for a multi-agency task force.

"I know this: It won’t hurt,” Rilee said from his New Jersey home.

"I worked very hard getting this together, and I think the resources available to the FBI will be helpful, as opposed to the limited resources available to the OSBI in that region. The bottom line is more people will be involved.

"I just hope now that the FBI is involved more people will look at this case.”

Donald Wilson, Jody Wilson’s husband, is among those who have been questioned by investigators. He said he was out of state at the time of his wife’s disappearance with the couple’s infant daughter, who is now 10 months old.

"He (Donald Wilson) has been interviewed twice,” Curnutt confirmed. "Since then, he has retained an attorney and is refusing to talk further.”
    Also -

"Some of the family members have even pointed fingers over the safe.”

Pitchford said "only a few people” had the combination to her father’s safe, but none would have hurt him.

"As for the safe, my sister (Shawna Martin) and I didn’t know the combination,” Pitchford said.

"But was the safe the motive behind the murder? Or was it opened to make it look like a robbery?”
    Last edited by Roselvr; 12-02-2009 at 04:55 PM.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast