Framed for child *advertiser censored* - by a PC virus

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
be careful WSerz!! we all spend so much time on the internet & crooks can infect PCs easily thru ads on websites -- so even the most innocent are vulnerable! It's scary -- I would *not* want this happening to me or any of y'all!!

Now, do I believe the majority of pervs charged with possession &/or distribution of child *advertiser censored* are innocent? NO WAY - but there is always a chance that it could happen!

<snip>

Of all the sinister things that Internet viruses do, this might be the worst: They can make you an unsuspecting collector of child *advertiser censored*.

Heinous pictures and videos can be deposited on computers by viruses - the malicious programs better known for swiping your credit card numbers. In this twist, it's your reputation that's stolen.

Pedophiles can exploit virus-infected PCs to remotely store and view their stash without fear they'll get caught. Pranksters or someone trying to frame you can tap viruses to make it appear that you surf illegal Web sites.

Whatever the motivation, you get child *advertiser censored* on your computer - and might not realize it until police knock at your door.

An Associated Press investigation found cases in which innocent people have been branded as pedophiles after their co-workers or loved ones stumbled upon child *advertiser censored* placed on a PC through a virus. It can cost victims hundreds of thousands of dollars to prove their innocence.

Their situations are complicated by the fact that actual pedophiles often blame viruses - a defense rightfully viewed with skepticism by law enforcement.

more here

http://www.sacbee.com/842/story/2313621.html

I've often wondered about this phenomenon. When our children were raped, I spent years trolling the internet looking for their photos (taken by the two rapists but never found). We had to supply the FBI with current photos of each of our children, our house, and our yard to keep in their files in case the photos ever show up. Because I spent so much time googling "child *advertiser censored*" and looking at scary (but never pay sites), I started getting LOTS of horrible spam.

One time I opened up an email and was shocked to see the most graphic child *advertiser censored* of a man raping a toddler--right in the email, not in a link. I covered my computer up with a blanket (there were children in the house) and called the police. I remember standing shaking next to our Police Chief and two detectives in my studio/office who said it was some of the worst they'd ever seen. They had me send it to the Portland, OR FBI office while they stood with me. From that day on, every single time I received anything remotely related to child *advertiser censored*, I instantly forwarded it to the FBI office and our local detective. I never once heard any confirmation back from the FBI that they received anything, though.

Even though I wasn't an official "web-sleuth" in those days, I was still pretty observant. I remember getting a lot of the child *advertiser censored* emails form Czechoslavakia but noting that the men's clothing looked American as did the electrical outlets. One thing that always broke my heart is that the toddlers shown in the photos did not look like street waifs or "lost" children. They looked healthy, clean, and totally normal. Maybe they were not totally broken yet. Poor poor babies. It's been a few years since I've received any of those emails and I'm sure it's better for my mental health that I'm not viewing those photos for even a few seconds. I've read that professionals who have to view child *advertiser censored*, require all sorts of debriefing.

My computer (which is a Mac) has crashed once and has had routine maintenance. I have to say it still worries me that some of that garbage is somewhere on my hard-drive. I feel protected, though, that I've alerted both the police and the FBI to the emails. I can't recommend that strongly enough.

be careful WSerz!! we all spend so much time on the internet & crooks can infect PCs easily thru ads on websites -- so even the most innocent are vulnerable! It's scary -- I would *not* want this happening to me or any of y'all!!

Now, do I believe the majority of pervs charged with possession &/or distribution of child *advertiser censored* are innocent? NO WAY - but there is always a chance that it could happen!

<snip>

Of all the sinister things that Internet viruses do, this might be the worst: They can make you an unsuspecting collector of child *advertiser censored*.

Heinous pictures and videos can be deposited on computers by viruses - the malicious programs better known for swiping your credit card numbers. In this twist, it's your reputation that's stolen.

Pedophiles can exploit virus-infected PCs to remotely store and view their stash without fear they'll get caught. Pranksters or someone trying to frame you can tap viruses to make it appear that you surf illegal Web sites.

Whatever the motivation, you get child *advertiser censored* on your computer - and might not realize it until police knock at your door.

An Associated Press investigation found cases in which innocent people have been branded as pedophiles after their co-workers or loved ones stumbled upon child *advertiser censored* placed on a PC through a virus. It can cost victims hundreds of thousands of dollars to prove their innocence.

Their situations are complicated by the fact that actual pedophiles often blame viruses - a defense rightfully viewed with skepticism by law enforcement.

more here

http://www.sacbee.com/842/story/2313621.html

Defense rightfully viewed with skepticism? Why "rightfully?" If the child *advertiser censored* can be deposited on the computer with a virus, maybe LE shouldn't "rightfully" view that kind of defense with skepticism? An innocent person's reputation can be ruined by accusations of child *advertiser censored*.

I think LE means "rightfully" skeptical because too many pervs use the same excuse.

Just as teachers have heard the same excuses from students for decades.

Unfortunately, there are too many LEOs, DAs, and judges who are not computer literate enough to fully understand how someone could be innocent.

Classic example is Julie Amero, the substitute teacher accused of showing students in her classroom *advertiser censored* (not CP)....She, without a doubt, was railroaded by a system that was clueless.

Once again, I want to remind everybody that it's best to be pro-active if anything ever does pop up. I realize this article is about hidden files. However, there's not one among us who hasn't been shocked by something that has zoomed onto our screens.

The mention of the teacher accused of showing her students *advertiser censored* reminded me of something that happened to my son. He was sitting with his 9th grade special ed teacher doing some research on the internet. They were looking up the history of African beadwork when, all of a sudden, there was a pop-up of adult *advertiser censored* (the teacher said it was a doozy). The teacher moved fast and turned the computer away from my son and threw her jacket over it. She asked another student to go get the VP. The VP came in and the tech guy was called.

It turned out that something had gotten through the firewall. We got a very nice letter home from the school and a personal apology from the teacher and VP. We were all able to process the incident appropriately with our son. Probably the most important lesson, though, was how he got to watch his teacher protect herself. If in doubt, call your boss, your techie, or the police (if it's child *advertiser censored*). That way, it's documented.

Defense rightfully viewed with skepticism? Why "rightfully?" If the child *advertiser censored* can be deposited on the computer with a virus, maybe LE shouldn't "rightfully" view that kind of defense with skepticism? An innocent person's reputation can be ruined by accusations of child *advertiser censored*.

I'm kind of skeptical of many things, and I guess I sort of understand why there would be some skepticism involved in this type of situation. But with today's computer usage and the cyber-prints that are left along our paths, I kind of assume (which is never a good thing) that it can be decided if a person "participates" in this type thing (or are simply a victim of a virus)?

Being not very computer smart, I don't understand a lot of computer related things- so in the same vein, I would be a terrible juror if I were serving on a computer related case.

Missizzy, I am so sorry that you and your family have experienced all they have. I applaud your efforts and am so thankful that you contacted LE when the situation presented itself on your computer. (((Hugs)))

Boyz Mum--I was so shocked, I didn't know what to do. I'm not kidding when I said I was shaking. It was the most surreal thing to stand in my studio with these men from our local PD and discuss this nasty stuff on my computer. I guess I'm relieved that I was taken seriously and the FBI got involved. Because our family's ordeal was well known to local LE, I don't think that I was suspected of doing anything wrong. I think everyone was well aware that, as a Mom, I was not going to give up until I found my children's photos.

I still haven't found them but I will.

um, well I clicked a link here that took me to some *advertiser censored* site - it was a link in a quoted post but the link had like *advertiser censored*'s where one/some of the words should've been ... (I realized afterwards why I got sent to a *advertiser censored* site - duh)

other than that, I don't go to *advertiser censored* sites even for 'research', although I would if I felt I had to, esp. if it concerned my kids

bless you for being that brave to do that

back when "the" Casey Anthony pic was going around, I was curious & wanted to see if I could find more pics of her...I didn't -- but what was frightening were fully clothed thumbnail pics of OBVIOUSLY very young girls - I'm talking 7,8,9 years old -- mixed in with the thumbnails of unclothed 20-somethings.

I had to wonder if this was

a) a trap for finding pedos or
b) a way to 'advertise' CP

It was sickening tho to see those little girls mixed in with the adult *advertiser censored*.

Missizzy, I'll pray for your continued strength and protection from further harm for your family. My heart hurts for all of you and I will pray that the person/people who harmed your family are found and dealt with accordingly.

:blowkiss: Sincerely, Boyz_Mum

Thank you Boys Mum--Being on this forum is actually very cathartic for me. I need to know that rapists and child *advertiser censored* addicts get caught. The rapist who hurt our children did ten years (to the day) at a Oregon Youth Authority facility. He was released in June '09 and lives in Eugene. He is a lifetime RSO but has never admitted his crimes nor accepted treatment. I know, in my heart, that he will offend again. *advertiser censored* figured strongly into his trial as he had a massive amount of it (including his own subscription to Playboy and Penthouse as a 13th birthday present from his parents). The judge made scathing comments about the *advertiser censored* at our trial.

The adult who also raped several of our children with him was charged but never tried as the youth refused to testify against him. He lives in our community but is closely watched by LE (and me!!).

We've moved on with the help of Crime Victims United and LOTS of therapy. I think I'm probably the one who most "obsesses" over these types of crimes. My children who were raped all have special needs and have processed it in their own ways. We've had some amazing success stories--one is in college!! and several are self-supporting and have pleasant lives. We've also had to bear the pain of one becoming an offender, one becoming seriously addicted to *advertiser censored*, and one being trafficked in prostitution (she has an IQ of 63). We've also lived through a multitude of suicide attempts, drug abuse, and criminality. Interestingly, the ones who are doing the best, acted out the most and recovered.

I'm very very proud of all my children and they know I am their greatest supporter. They all know that I am never going to give up until I locate the hundreds of photos which were taken of their vulnerable and innocent young bodies being hurt. A mother never gives up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back