More Girls Dressed Like Las Vegas Show Girls

Good grief: that is horrible. The French manicure on the little patriot looks like it should have a government health warning...

I get so tired of seeing this type of stuff. To me it borderline's on some type of abuse, it is beyond belief that the extreme some parents go to to live their dream through there child. Yep you heard me right their dream ! Or to cash it in at the expense of their childs mental health.

On another note :When I go into the store to buy clothes for my daughter it is all hooker wear. Crack pants, short low cut shirts, short shorts where their butt hangs out...I could go on and on. I do not know who started this trend for young girls or how parents or society in general find it acceptable but were looking for trouble when our kids are dressed like young sex objects taking a stroll to the park with their friends.
Sorry of rant now

Ever watch Toddlers & Tiaras? You can see some of the episodes for free online, and they are eye openers. Since JonBenet's death, it seems such pageants started sprouting up in huge numbers. And get this: JonBenet's pageant outfits actually are tame when compared to some pageants that go on, today. It is disgusting to see parents literally teaching their little girls how to flirt and be sexy for the judges, while wearing attire even a modest adult would find uncomfortable!

Glitz pageants are huge money makers... photography and photoshopping for such pageants can pay well. While the kids clothes and makeup are over the top, the parents pay big money to have photoshopping done on the images to make the child look more mature and desirable to the eye. You would have to kill me to get me to take part in that corner of the photography world.

If I had a daughter this wouldn't happen.

Thing is, this is AMERICA, its not ILLEGAL (or is it?), its a mother/daughter ACTIVITY. We can also PREACH TO OUR OWN.

I do think it was a factor in JBR's murder because of the public exposure, but its not relevant as to GUILT. That is, pageants don't make JR or PR any more or less guilty.

Of course it doesn't indicate guilt. Did anyone suggest it did? I don't think it attracted that much unwanted attention either: paedophiles like children, not necessarily ones dressed up as 25 year-olds. A shrink who came on one of the forums agreed with this (namely that the subsection of paedophiles who like the pageant sorts is minuscule). I guess someone may have noticed JBR and the family wealth from the pageant coverage but that was pretty evident from their other ostentation and conspicuous consumerism and, in fact, relatively few of JBR's pageants had been local.

However, that Patsy engaged in this activity is another fascinating aspect of the case and we learn much from her behaviour surrounding the pageants. For example, we know that the only time that JBR was apt to get her nails cleaned was when she was due in a pageant. This comes from family sources. We know she had been trained to sing entire verses and learn dance steps and dress like someone three times her age but that she hadn't been taught that big girls wipe themselves. We know that the family wanted a Miss America. We know that the importance of physical appearances had been impressed sufficiently on a six year-old that she was found crying about not feeling pretty.

Like it or not, you can learn lots about the family dynamic from the pageant activities and you can infer quite a bit more about Patsy's psyche. This wouldn't hang a flea but it's all part of the rich fabric of this case and is almost certainly the reason the media gave us the case and that we are therefore still talking about it.

Similarly, IDI argue that Patsy had no previous known record of harming JBR, yet the comments below the pictures indicate that some people believe the pageants are a form of child abuse. I don't necessarily agree with this but it all adds to the debate about Patsy's psychological make-up.

IMHO, little girls being made up to look like and act like prostitutes totally sickens me. These parents are actually pimping their daughters. They are training these girls to use their bodies and sexuality to get what they want in life. Most of these girls will never know what it means to just be a little girl. These children are being abused just as much as child slaves made to work in factories and mining operations. No, it isn't illegal, but it should be.

What ever happen to inner beauty...To me this is saying little girls don't look pretty unless you wear make-up or sexy clothes..

Ya know, I was having my own private meltdown about "simalar" issue tonight

I'l admit, my sensitivities are still pretty acute with the recent passing of my sister. However ... I HAVE TO SAY (Loudly, in caps) that the sexualization offemales ... of all ages, is at an all time high ... we are never going to stop the sex indusrty, but we can, and SHOULD try to stop it, prevent it, obscure it, deflate it, END IT!

Are these babies, these chldren.......

Are
they
not
enough?

Theyare the
love, light and humanity ...

I mean, really? Are they not ... are we not a "wonder" in it of itslef ... ENOUGH!!! To see, hear, be a witness to (let alone the
Mama, Nana, mimi, pappa, dada, uncle, or other to) the sheer joy of all the 100 first times of ANYTHING to make you get it!

I'm so lonely tonight, knowing dam well ... I'm not alone n where I've been, but knowing it will creep in, it will go on!!! *SIGH*

My heart bleeds tonight!!!

May all who read this tonight find *MORE* strength, MORE love, MORE self, MORE , MORE,MORE, MORE, MORE Quality of life !~

Don't even get me started about "thong" underwear for little girls.....sick sick sick. And uncomfortable.

What sad,the little girl with the nails well really all of them...But the youngest one,looks to be no more than 3 or 4...Now my young granddaughters, loves getting Mommie's and my make up but that is how far it should go...They look so cute when they say look, I have make up, and it's everywhere..But that is being innocent...To go as far as some parents go,I couldn't and wouldn't...Their innocence and purity means alot to me...I'm just enjoying them playing with make-up and of course putting make-up on me too...

I couldn't watch more than 5 min of a Toddlers & Tiaras episode (it happened long after I started following the JB case).The mothers were all histerical and the poor little girls exhausted and crying,probably wanting to get home.Insane.Disgusting,really.It's not a mother&daughter acitivity IMO,it's a mother activity since the daughter doesn't seem to enjoy it.

What ever happen to inner beauty...To me this is saying little girls don't look pretty unless you wear make-up or sexy clothes..
IA.Miss America has a wholesome look about her,not a cheap one.no Pam Anderson winners in that arena,so I don't know why they start this kind of nonsense,esp. so young.(I'm not putting down Pam,I'm sure you KWIM).

Oh great.Look at the right of the page,next to the photo of the girl with the horrible nails......a sex poll.Geez,can't these people pay attention when they set up a web page? :furious:

Hi everyone - This is my first post ever on WS, so please be patient with me. I have lurked for about a year in this forum. I feel a real connection to this case because my older daughter and JBR have a lot in common.

My older daughter has participated in some pageants, both natural pageants and glitz pageants. I can tell you these little girls are NOT the norm in the pageants in which we participated. Nor have I ever witnessed any behavior to the extremes as seen on Toddler N Tiaras (or Little Miss Perfect). Perhaps at some of the higher levels this occurs, but I have not personally seen it. Sure some parents are a little more intense than others, but you will find that in any children's activity. Think about fathers who make their sons do extra push-ups after football practice. In addition, you have parents with a lot of money and nowhere to spend it. So they buy expensive dresses, photographs, hairstylists, etc.

So, there it is...My first WS post...in defense of child beauty pageants.

Hi everyone - This is my first post ever on WS, so please be patient with me. I have lurked for about a year in this forum. I feel a real connection to this case because my older daughter and JBR have a lot in common.

My older daughter has participated in some pageants, both natural pageants and glitz pageants. I can tell you these little girls are NOT the norm in the pageants in which we participated. Nor have I ever witnessed any behavior to the extremes as seen on Toddler N Tiaras (or Little Miss Perfect). Perhaps at some of the higher levels this occurs, but I have not personally seen it. Sure some parents are a little more intense than others, but you will find that in any children's activity. Think about fathers who make their sons do extra push-ups after football practice. In addition, you have parents with a lot of money and nowhere to spend it. So they buy expensive dresses, photographs, hairstylists, etc.

So, there it is...My first WS post...in defense of child beauty pageants.

Hi Kari and welcome.
I guess that thing I disagree with is not the activity itself but the way the girls are exposed to all the freaks out there.Why not prevent that.Fathers who make their sons do extra push-ups don't expose the sons to sexual predators by it.That's the only problem I have with child pageants.I know that probably some of those girls enjoy it and wanna do it and aren't forced by their mom's like JB was.

What I see when i watch those shows is the mothers' hopes for their daughters' fame. Yet, I cannot recall at will the name of a single Miss Universe, Miss World, or Miss America (apart from two- Anita Bryant and Vanessa Williams). They were controversial, each for a different reason and that is why I remember them. As for the rest, they fade into obscurity. I cannot think of a single Miss Teen Whatever who was "discovered" and went on to great fame and fortune.
I don't know what these moms are hoping for, but if genetics means anything at all, most of these little girls have a very small window of opportunity for beauty. When not made up, most are quite ordinary-looking little girls. I am not saying this to be mean, I am basing it on what I have seen watching that show. (Toddlers & Tiaras).
"Heredity is your destiny".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100