The Jaycee Dugard Story tonight 8 pm CST

I watched this a few hours ago. It wasn't bad, but there really wasn't any new info. The reenactment scenes were sad and hard to watch.

There were a few things I'd missed when following this case: That the school bus kids witnessed the abduction, that PG is considered a sadist, and that he went back and said "hi" to his former rape victim after being released from prison. It confirmed that the girls also lived in the back yard , that Jaycee was allowed to mother them, and the report also helped me understand the backyard better. I was glad to see that the adult rape victim K. is determined to fight and show the world what a monster P.G. is, and to help Jaycee by doing so.

Actually, the entire show was paraphrasing what was allready known. The re-enactments were just a directors vision of what might have happened (with a good dollop of artistic license), I don't think it's a good idea to draw any conclusions from those.

Plus, Shaw's report pre-empted them on some stuff, making the show appear out of date. It was useful for getting a feel for the local environment though, for those of us who don't live in that area.

I wanted to stay awake to watch this, but I fell asleep before it even came on ----

I do hope that JC was able to be a mom to her girls.
TV does not get to know her privet info. This show was done from the same information we already have.
I do not know for sure that the report on TV about the level of mothering is accurate.

I will echo what others have said.
We already knew all those details from WS.
Show was no big deal at all.

I thought the special was a good reference, but nothing in it that I didn't already know. I felt it was inaccurate on a couple of points, also.

There were a few things I'd missed when following this case: That the school bus kids witnessed the abduction, that PG is considered a sadist, and that he went back and said "hi" to his former rape victim after being released from prison. It confirmed that the girls also lived in the back yard , that Jaycee was allowed to mother them, and the report also helped me understand the backyard better. I was glad to see that the adult rape victim K. is determined to fight and show the world what a monster P.G. is, and to help Jaycee by doing so.

i didn't know about the school bus kids witnessing the abduction either. if that was the case, i wonder why so much suspicion fell on her step-dad, did they think he was in cahoots with whoever had taken her?

it helped me understand the backyard better as well. there were also several pictures of her mother that i hadn't seen before and Jaycee is sure a dead ringer for her mom!! the grief in Terry was so palpable and devastating just by looking at her face, so so sad...the short clip of the interview with her after they found Elizabeth Smart, she says something like "what if she's been alive out there all these years?". i still just can't even imagine when she got the call that Jaycee had been found...

I thought the show was interesting but didn't really provide any more information just fuel for the imagination. If you have any illusions about PG not being a self centered sadist read the rape report of Katie and imagine an innocent 11 year old going through what she went through. How he told her to relax and other things making it like any pain she felt was her fault. And how NG could allow this to happen is unbelievable.

i didn't know about the school bus kids witnessing the abduction either. if that was the case, i wonder why so much suspicion fell on her step-dad, did they think he was in cahoots with whoever had taken her?

it helped me understand the backyard better as well. there were also several pictures of her mother that i hadn't seen before and Jaycee is sure a dead ringer for her mom!! the grief in Terry was so palpable and devastating just by looking at her face, so so sad...the short clip of the interview with her after they found Elizabeth Smart, she says something like "what if she's been alive out there all these years?". i still just can't even imagine when she got the call that Jaycee had been found...

this is what bugs me most about them focusing on carl......he had supporting witnesses.
there was also a neighbor whos name escapes me, who didt see the kidnapping, but saw jaycee walking to the bust stop, just like carl said.
\

I thought the show was interesting but didn't really provide any more information just fuel for the imagination. If you have any illusions about PG not being a self centered sadist read the rape report of Katie and imagine an innocent 11 year old going through what she went through. How he told her to relax and other things making it like any pain she felt was her fault. And how NG could allow this to happen is unbelievable.

god bless jaycee and katie.
and to think there the only 2 who ive heard them take the blame for what garrido did to jaycee. sigh.
two remarkebly strong women.

There were a few things I'd missed when following this case: That the school bus kids witnessed the abduction, ...

The school kids on the bus could not have witnessed the abduction. Carl Probyn witnessed the abduction from the driveway of his residence on 1090 Washoan Blvd (At the corner of Nottaway Drive). The reports indicated that she was about 200 yards away from him, which would place her near the corner of Nadowa Street. Nadowa Street is two blocks from the bus stop on the corner of Pioneer Trail and Washoan Blvd, and is not visible from that corner due to a sharp curve on Washoan Blvd between Pioneer Trail and Nadowa Street.

If you go to Google Earth, you can see what I am talking about, although in the Google Earth view, the Probyn Home is not visible under the numerous trees that surround the house.

Also, on the Dateline documentary "In Plain Sight - The Jaycee Dugard Case" with Keith Morrison, he has the following exchange with Nicole Sipes (a former schoolmate of Jaycee's):

Morrison: "Nicole Sipes, now a mother herself, was on the bus when it pulled up to Jaycee's corner. By then it had already happened."

Sipes: "The twins from across the street ran onto the bus and started yelling 'They took her, they took her, they took her'."

Morrison: "What happened then is still a vivid memory, two decades later."

Sipes: "Everybody was scared - I mean we're 11 and a police officer gets on and says we all have to stay on the bus. - you know something really bad has happened."

Morrison: "Did you have any idea what?"

Sipes: "No, we didn't know what happened until after he had told us to stay on the bus."

It is unclear from that exchange if the twins had witnessed the abduction, but I believe that the twins were relaying to the kids on the bus what the police had told them.

The full video of the MSNBC Dateline documentary "In Plain Sight - The Jaycee Dugard Case" is available here:

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/33148303#33148299"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

Great first post, Carl! Welcome to WS and thank you for your effort in keeping the facts straight.

huh? that was confusing
so what did the kids on the school bus see?
obviously SOMEONE saw something other then carl.

Also, moments after the exchange with Sipes, Morrison describes Carl Probyn as "the single, frantic eyewitness to the abduction"

I watched the special too. It did say that the kids on the bus witnessed the abduction.
I had never heard that either.

im wondering if this just means carl was the only witness who could give an accurate description of what he saw.
it certianly seems there were other witnesses.

Also, moments after the exchange with Sipes, Morrison describes Carl Probyn as "the single, frantic eyewitness to the abduction"

So Carl gave a description of the woman who grabbed Jaycee (looked like Nancy) and Jaycee said she remembers everything so she will probably confirm that was Nancy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back