1404 users online (272 members and 1132 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bi Partisan Health Care Bill does not fund abortions

The bill takes this issue one step further and denies someone from seeking a private insurance option that covers abortion if they have the public option.

Let's review-Abortion is legal in the US. There are cases when it is even deemed medically necessary. And yet, this massive bill will not cover what is a LEGAL option in reproductive health care.

What century are we living in? I hope and pray Obama has the balls to veto this bill. Even though it is his baby. JMO.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091108/...rhaul_abortion
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Just as my insurance (when I had it) denied my endometriosis treatment. It's "cosmetic" they say. WOn't kill me, Just hurt me in the cases where the abortions are needed medically for a mother, yes, that is a little frightening I hope that all of this can get sorted and straightened Thank you for the link.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Quote Originally Posted by Angels_Not_Forgotten View Post
    Just as my insurance (when I had it) denied my endometriosis treatment. It's "cosmetic" they say. WOn't kill me, Just hurt me in the cases where the abortions are needed medically for a mother, yes, that is a little frightening I hope that all of this can get sorted and straightened Thank you for the link.
    COSMETIC??? Oh my land. Oh my.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Then there are those like myself who don't want their tax dollars going anywhere near abortion. I think it depends on which side of the fence you are on, and there's a lot of citizens on each side of this issue.

BTW, let's be really careful we don't get into an abortion debate. Newbies, such debates are frowned upon here...We all wuv each other even if we don't agree with each other! <and all the other love smilies inserted here>

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    What Kimster said...'cause my fingers aren't eloquent enough to not get a TO.
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

I would like to pick and choose what my tax dollars go for as well, but none of us have that luxury.

The fact is that this procedure is legal. Therefore, it should be included in the list of covered services. Isolating a single medical procedure that is a right covered by law is shameful. I get that there are all sides to an abortion debate. This is not an abortion debate-this is cherry picking and pandering to try and get the bill passed with the least amount of hassle.

I am INCREDIBLY disappointed.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Then there are those like myself who don't want their tax dollars going anywhere near abortion. I think it depends on which side of the fence you are on, and there's a lot of citizens on each side of this issue.

BTW, let's be really careful we don't get into an abortion debate. Newbies, such debates are frowned upon here...We all wuv each other even if we don't agree with each other! <and all the other love smilies inserted here>

I do not want my tax dollars supporting anyone;s abortion.

I see. What about tax dollars that are earmarked for other things that end lives like war, the death penalty, euthanasia? Is there a lack of appetite for those things as well?

In any case, I don't like the fact that my tax dollars go towards enforcing things that I disagree with, but I am not trying to find a way to get around those laws. This is blatant pandering. Again, JMO.

Does the bill refuse to pay for illnesses that are treated with stem cells I wonder?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

The bill will cover cases of incest or rape if I read correctly.

I thought it only didn't cover elective abortions...? (And yes, covers the ones Vicki mentioned as well as medically indicated ones.)

(And are they seriously calling it Bipartisan? LOL)

But to answer you, Believe, if they asked me to write that section of the bill, I'd write, "Free birth control and morning after pills. After that, you're on your own, unless your physical heath requires a termination."
    Last edited by Muffet; 11-10-2009 at 12:02 AM. Reason: what Vicki said
    Always JMO, FWIW, YMMV...

There is really no medical necessity for an abortion. The medical necessities all cite "mental health" not physical life or death issues. If there's a life or death issue (which would be so rare) then I'd like to know about it and I would of course, support that. But that is NOT what has been happening. Would I feel sorry for someone impregnated by incest or rape? yeah. I would urge them to give the baby up for adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    The bill will cover cases of incest or rape if I read correctly.
    Won't that cause girls to lie about rape and incest to get an abortion?

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    There is really no medical necessity for an abortion. The medical necessities all cite "mental health" not physical life or death issues. If there's a life or death issue (which would be so rare) then I'd like to know about it and I would of course, support that. But that is NOT what has been happening. Would I feel sorry for someone impregnated by incest or rape? yeah. I would urge them to give the baby up for adoption.
    There actually are times an abortion is a medical necessity to save the life or physical health of the mother. (I won't list examples, unless you really wish me to.)

You are right that the "health of the mother" clause has been corrupted, however. The Bolton (?) decision following Roe v Wade deemed that the health clause should include emotional distress. (That's also why I specified "physical heath" in my post.)

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Won't that cause girls to lie about rape and incest to get an abortion?
    That would be a real concern, but not one I would personally put above forcing a victim to endure such a pregnancy. Rape victims are offered the morning after pill in the ER of most hospitals, thankfully.

I would prefer the government fight the war on marijuana without my money, but it doesn't work that way.
    If they were going to write abortion out of the health care bill, then they need to make the very next bill that CPS reform bill, because their caseload, nationwide, will double. The women that can't get rid of the child before it's born will just do whatever they can to get rid of it afterward. Forced parenthood does not make good mothers...or fathers, fr that matter.
    I think I'm gonna leave this country.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast