790 users online (107 members and 683 guests)  

Websleuths News

WHO reports on the leading causes for death among women

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091109/...b2FpZHNsZWFkaQ--

"Unsafe sex is the leading risk factor in developing countries for these women of childbearing age, with others including lack of access to contraceptives and iron deficiency, the WHO said. Throughout the world, one in five deaths among women in this age group is linked to unsafe sex, according to the U.N. agency."

AIDS was determined to be the leading cause of death.

"The data were included in a report that attempts to highlight the unequal health treatment a female faces from childbirth through infancy and adolescence into maturity and old age."

Hmmmmm.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

The same people who give us the unemployment statistics? Those same statistics that do not include those who have exhausted their benefits, or have had their work hours cut in half, or are self-employed and uneligible for unemployment and have no work nonetheless?

If I understand your point, I agree with it. These statistics are guesstimats at best!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    The same people who give us the unemployment statistics? Those same statistics that do not include those who have exhausted their benefits, or have had their work hours cut in half, or are self-employed and uneligible for unemployment and have no work nonetheless?

If I understand your point, I agree with it. These statistics are guesstimats at best!

So what you are saying is that this is potentially completely untrue and the leading cause of death among women is not the result of unprotected sex?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    At least we have moved past the era of refusing aid to countries who do not teach abstinence only sex education.

Hopefully realistic sex education in this country will become more prevelant in our schools.

The AIDS epidemic in Africa is deep and touches on many different things. The long reaching effects of capitalism and imperialism are especially prevelant in statistics such as these when relating to African countries and other developing or third world countries.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi