WHO reports on the leading causes for death among women

believe09

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091109...3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA3dob2FpZHNsZWFkaQ--

"Unsafe sex is the leading risk factor in developing countries for these women of childbearing age, with others including lack of access to contraceptives and iron deficiency, the WHO said. Throughout the world, one in five deaths among women in this age group is linked to unsafe sex, according to the U.N. agency."

AIDS was determined to be the leading cause of death.

"The data were included in a report that attempts to highlight the unequal health treatment a female faces from childbirth through infancy and adolescence into maturity and old age."

Hmmmmm.

The same people who give us the unemployment statistics? Those same statistics that do not include those who have exhausted their benefits, or have had their work hours cut in half, or are self-employed and uneligible for unemployment and have no work nonetheless?

If I understand your point, I agree with it. These statistics are guesstimats at best!

The same people who give us the unemployment statistics? Those same statistics that do not include those who have exhausted their benefits, or have had their work hours cut in half, or are self-employed and uneligible for unemployment and have no work nonetheless?

If I understand your point, I agree with it. These statistics are guesstimats at best!
:waitasec:

So what you are saying is that this is potentially completely untrue and the leading cause of death among women is not the result of unprotected sex?

At least we have moved past the era of refusing aid to countries who do not teach abstinence only sex education.

Hopefully realistic sex education in this country will become more prevelant in our schools.

The AIDS epidemic in Africa is deep and touches on many different things. The long reaching effects of capitalism and imperialism are especially prevelant in statistics such as these when relating to African countries and other developing or third world countries.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back