1929 users online (334 members and 1595 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NM - Brittni Carlini, 20, brutally murdered, Albuquerque, 5 Nov 2009

Updated: Monday, 09 Nov 2009, 9:38 AM MST
    Published : Sunday, 08 Nov 2009, 7:30 PM MST

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Albuquerque police have arrested two men in an especially gruesome murder case that came to surface Saturday night.

Albuquerque Police Department spokesperson Nadine Hamby said officers starting investigating a missing persons case at a home on Sweetwater Drive and Flor De Mayo after a 20-year-old woman's mother reported her missing.

The missing person was Brittni Carlini, 20. Police said she was killed after meeting two men before a snowboarding trip.

Investigators said Carlini went to the house to pick up her snowboard.
    "What a heinous crime for just a young innocent girl trying to go get her property," Hamby said.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/c...a_200911081928

WTH is wrong with these young people today? ***sigh***

Fairy, I was reading about this last nite...its just horrible!! and I found some comments to an article where several peeps were saying this Vigil kid had started a fire that (IIRC) burned down a house -- recently!!

Poor Brittni - she sounds like she was the sweetest girl...I can't imagine why these guys did this to her! Another one of those awful things that just makes me sick to think about.

I don't get why these kids are killing the best of their own generation!!!

Prayers for her spirit - may she rest in peace, and her family & friends as they attempt to deal with this heinous cruelty to their loved one.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Looks like one had a private myspace account, hard to believe when a normal looking 19 year does this to someone. Hopefully they find some remains, and if New Mexico has a legit death penalty this case seems to warrant it.

I doubt his mood is kick ass right now.

www.myspace.com/_borg

This is possibly the victims myspace page. This is the only hit for someone of her name there.

www.myspace.com/blondestoner420
    Last edited by Nikolai; 11-09-2009 at 07:19 PM.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.

I'd just like to know if they have the DP in New Mexico?

Here's a little history about one of the perps.

fran

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/c...e_200911091826

Teen's past eerily similar to new crime

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - One of the teens accused in the brutal murder of an Albuquerque woman has been in the news before when he burned down a family's house because a girl wouldn't go out with him.

Ryan Vigil, 19, was convicted of arson in 2006. He served two years in a juvenile lockup before his release last year.

In June 2006, Vigil burned down Loni Petry's Rio Rancho home. Petri said the incident happened because Vigil had a crush on her daughter, and her daughter didn't return the affection.

"He then came in and torched the house with the dog and cat, and smirked," Petry said.

..............................snip................ ....................

Petry said the gruesome incident takes her back the June 2006 arson. Police told Petry, Vigil dug a grave in his backyard and said it was for Petry's daughter.

"There's no way a kid, that kid, is going to be rehabilitated, digging a hole for us, killing our animals, and brining down the house, there's no way," Petry said.

At suspects' arraignment Monday, Carlini's relatives applauded Judge Daniel Ramczyk for slapping the teens with $1 million bonds.

"Given the horrific nature of the allegations, Mr. Vigil, I do find you a danger to the public," Ramczyk said.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    WOW is all I can say!!

So, so sad to see another beautiful young woman brutally murdered by a couple of losers she likely thought she could trust. Are we raising an entire generation of punks who cannot deal with any type of rejection or adversity whatsoever? If that's the case, it will get much worse before it gets better. IMHO.

Does anyone know what "issues" this comment refers to:

"To everybody who said (in postings to the previous story) not to be too hard on Ryan because he has issues--What do you all have to say about this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Does anyone know what "issues" this comment refers to:

"To everybody who said (in postings to the previous story) not to be too hard on Ryan because he has issues--What do you all have to say about this?"
    Yes, I would say he has some serious issues. And he will most likely spend the rest of his natural life in prison dealing with those issues on the taxpayer's dollar. POS.
    Last edited by Fairy1; 11-10-2009 at 12:40 AM.

I just don't understand the level of violence used in this crime. I guess we'd have to know the conversation, etc., that preceeded the crime, but to use a baseball bat on someone?

OhMyGosh! I can't even imagine.

fran

What a sad story. What a sick, twisted, toxic mixture these two scum bags are. So, this Ryan POS dug a grave in a past girl friends yard before burning her house down with her dog and cat inside? I tell you what - someone digs a grave for my daughter, they are going to end up in it. I can't even imagine the anger I would have over the past incident with this POS. How do we modify our justice system to recognize and hold these animals? He would have probably served more time for getting busted with a bag of weed! I am disgusted beyond words.

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    I just don't understand the level of violence used in this crime. I guess we'd have to know the conversation, etc., that preceeded the crime, but to use a baseball bat on someone?

OhMyGosh! I can't even imagine.

fran
    Me neither, Fran. I suppose I could do it if someone was hurting my babies, but otherwise.....I can't imagine the kind of rage it would take.

These idiots look like Beavis and Butthead to me. Like so many of the other freaks we see here of that age who kill young women they believe have slighted them in some way. I just don't get it at all.

More proof juveniles need to be treated as adults. They are psychos from the start. He dug a grave, uhhhhhhhh, that shows his intent. Not to mention only 2 years for arson. Too many people (including a lot of WS posters) want to coddle and "rehab" these monsters. Ugh. Disgusted.

No, NM does not have the DP any more. I think our legislature just voted in the last session to eliminate it starting with any crimes committed from July forward of this year would not have the DP as an option for punishment. Something like that, anyway. I know a lot of people here have been working on eliminating it for a while.

Ryan Vigil and Christopher Midyette, both 19, are both charged with murder, conspiracy and tampering with evidence.

According to the arrest warrant, the three were together last week when Carlini and Vigil got into a fight.

Police believe Midyette then hit Carlini over the head with a baseball bat. Police said then the two men burned her body and buried her on the west mesa.

In court, the state suggested a $300,000 cash only bond for both suspects, but Judge Daniel Ramczyk didn't think that was high enough.

"I do find you a danger to the public, so I'm going to set your bond at $1 million cash only," said Ramcyzk.

Outside the courtroom, Carlini's grandfather broke down.

http://www.koat.com/news/21566409/detail.html
    Last edited by Fairy1; 11-10-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast