1074 users online (281 members and 793 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Fionna Olander, 30, & Korryn Threadgill, 10, slain, Kaufman County, 8 Nov 2009

They were found in a ditch not too far from where I live. Will be keeping an eye on this one.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...2a4bcc3c5.html
    Last edited by Cubby; 12-05-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: update thread title

And another

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...ate&id=7112106

Not much info to go on at this point. There aren't any recent stories of missing kids/moms in the area that I can think of.

Thanks for posting this. Those poor women. So sad

Very sad. Bless them..
    Misty Where Is Sweet Haleigh?

Sweet Angel Caylee

Bless All the Little Angels

All I post is IMO

This location is very close to where I live also. I have not seen any missing persons reports of two females missing from any of the surrounding counties. These articles did not say how long the bodies have been there, most likely they have not been reported missing.

Kaelee

A suspect has been arrested in Farmers Branch. Bodies are identified as a mother and her 10 year old daughter who lived in Addison (next to Farmers Branch). For those not local, Addison is about 45 minutes from where the bodies were found. No names were released but I'm going to wager on Dad/Step-Dad/Mom's Boyfriend.

http://kaufmanherald.com/articles/20...c964494273.txt

Bodies have been identified

On Thursday, law enforcement sources told us the two had been identified as 30-year-old Fionna Olander and 10-year-old Korryn Threadgill. It is not known if the two are related. Authorities have also not yet said how they died other than by homicidal violence. More at link.

Suspect has been arrested and identified

A suspect has been arrested in connection with the discovery of two bodies in the Post Oak Bend area.

Kaufman County Sheriff David Byrnes said Thursday that Martin McKee, 37, of Farmers Branch was arrested Wednesday evening in Farmers Branch and is in custody of Kaufman County authorities. No bond has been set.

McKee is being charged with capital murder after the bodies of two deceased females were discovered by a pedestrian Tuesday on County Road 280, a little more than a mile from Farm-to-Market Road 987. More at link.

Another link: http://cbs11tv.com/local/kafuman.cou...2.1306630.html with photo of suspect
    kaelee
    Last edited by kaelee2; 11-12-2009 at 05:24 PM.

This is so tragic! My in-laws live in Wylie, and this is so close! My sis-in-law used to live right there too- with her two kids, including a girl who is 12
    She recently got involved with some guy she barely knows (we call that SGSBK around our house) and we are worried. Not saying that this mom did, but it's easy for it to happen. So scary!!

I'm grateful that someone questioned that the little girl missed school and said something right away- hopefully this guy will get what's coming to him! (if he's the one) ....
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

Case Updates

Hi,
    Just wanted to throw some updated information in here for this case. I have been working with the father and grandfather of the victims, and this case gives me chills. There is a ton of information that is not being released to the public, and even to the family. As of the last update from the Kaufman County DA, Rick Harrison, the county does not have the finances or the desire to pursue the death penalty, and that he wants to have the cases finished out in court before he leaves office, as he lost the last election, and has pending DUI charges of his own to deal with. Needless to say, this has left the family feeling extremely angry, frustrated, and alone. They have had a very difficult time in getting any information about what is going on in the case, and they are not even notified of upcoming court dates, etc. They have found a website to stay abreast of the court dates, yet, they have been contacted on several occasions by the DA's office to tell them that they do not need to go to court as the dates were changed, only to find out that court DID take place as scheduled, and they were lied to about the changes to the court dockets. Something is very fishy about this case and the way it is being handled......
    If any of you would like more information, please feel free to send me a message, and I will gladly forward all the files I have... The more eyes on this one the better!!

Trial Dates

Hi, All,
    Just wanted to update you on the latest trial dates. Martin Mckee will go on trial on October 14, 2010. Virginia Youngblood will go on trial November 29, 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbreeley View Post
    Hi, All,
    Just wanted to update you on the latest trial dates. Martin Mckee will go on trial on October 14, 2010. Virginia Youngblood will go on trial November 29, 2010.
    It would be good to have this case moved to 'awaiting trial', don't you think?

With victims names & the accused name so that there would be a spotlight on this case.

Martin Mckee was found Guilty of both murders in Kaufman County last Tuesday. He was automatically sentenced to life without parole. His co-defendant, Virginia Youngblood now goes to trail November 29, 2010.

Pardon me for not keeping completely up, but was Martin McKee in any way related to any of the victims, or is this a random act of violence?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast