1255 users online (291 members and 964 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question What do you think Garrido's defense will be???

Personally, I don't see him pleading Guilty or taking an Insanity defense. I think he's too much a narcissist to accept that and he may actually believe his own biblical clap-trap! But I think he's evil and he does know right from wrong- he knew to lie all these years and keep Jaycee imprisoned!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Personally, I don't see him pleading Guilty or taking an Insanity defense. I think he's too much a narcissist to accept that and he may actually believe his own biblical clap-trap! But I think he's evil and he does know right from wrong- he knew to lie all these years and keep Jaycee imprisoned!
    if he doesnt plead insanity hes pinnning his hopes on jaycee either lying for him or totally excusing his actions. good luck with that one phil!

I think he still fancies there is some strength in the "I've changed" defense, coupled with he will try to claim he hasn't committed any more crimes. We can see, he was hoping Jaycee would come to his defense and maybe his plan was also to involve the girls. Surely he is realizing by now, that ain't gonna happen if he reads the headlines.

I'm having a more difficult time knowing how he is trying (or will try) to involve Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    I think he still fancies there is some strength in the "I've changed" defense, coupled with he will try to claim he hasn't committed any more crimes. We can see, he was hoping Jaycee would come to his defense and maybe his plan was also to involve the girls. Surely he is realizing by now, that ain't gonna happen if he reads the headlines.

I'm having a more difficult time knowing how he is trying (or will try) to involve Nancy.
    I think something fishy is up with Nancy firing her lawyer, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out Phil's behind it!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Time, I agree completely. He definitely believes that he reformed, but I think he will lead his defense attorney to question Jaycee about the difference in her treatment at the beginning of her captivity versus the end of her captivity.

This will make pg think he is absolving himself from guilt, but will only tighten his noose!! Ahhh in my dreams this would happen. Hang yourself with that defense strategy pg, please! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    I think something fishy is up with Nancy firing her lawyer, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out Phil's behind it!
    Yeah, I said the same in another thread. Phil has already tried 3 other times that we know of to already manipulate his case

* the letter to his mom saying he was sorry to make it look like she didn't know

* the interview about his manifesto

* saying Jaycee's rights were being violated

Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    Time, I agree completely. He definitely believes that he reformed, but I think he will lead his defense attorney to question Jaycee about the difference in her treatment at the beginning of her captivity versus the end of her captivity.

I think that will be a part of the bunch of carp trying to support he is a changed man. If he really got weird, he might claim he told Jaycee she was a free woman... blah blah blah.

Just reminded me, maybe what's up with Nancy and her lawyer is that her lawyer was claiming Nancy tried to free Jaycee. Phil wouldn't like her claiming that because then THAT would be admitting she was a prisoner!

I think that will be a part of the bunch of carp trying to support he is a changed man. If he really got weird, he might claim he told Jaycee she was a free woman... blah blah blah.

Just reminded me, maybe what's up with Nancy and her lawyer is that her lawyer was claiming Nancy tried to free Jaycee. Phil wouldn't like her claiming that because then THAT would be admitting she was a prisoner!
    if this is true this might be the reason he had her fire her lawyer.

Oh, no... I just had a thought about this again. I think it's very possible Phil is going to want to testify in his own defense. I don't know if anyone followed the Hans Reiser case (and he was claiming he didn't kill his wife), but his testimony got pretty bizarre and went on for weeks. He got convicted for his wife's murder mostly because of his testimony (it just became apparent he was a weirdo and was controlling although he kept claiming he didn't kill her)! Otherwise, he might had some chance of getting off because they could not find her body. After he was convicted and before sentencing, he told them where she was.
    Last edited by time; 11-11-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    if this is true this might be the reason he had her fire her lawyer.
    Yes, that's what I was wondering.

Oh, no... I just had a thought about this again. I think it's very possible Phil is going to want to testify in his own defense. I don't know if anyone followed the Hans Reiser case (and he was claiming he didn't kill his wife), but his testimony got pretty bizarre and went on for weeks. He got convicted for his wife's murder mostly because of his testimony (it just became apparent he was a weirdo and was controlling although he kept claiming he didn't kill her)! Otherwise, he might had some chance of getting off because they could not find her body. After he was convicted and before sentencing, he told them where she was.
    Hmm. Kinda reminscint of mansons trial.........he went on the stand and gave a long psychotic rant, outside the presence of the jury. When the judge asked him if he'd like to repeat it to the jury he said "no". i could see garrido doing the same thing in court.

You know I have been thinking abut this also, but I don't think Nancy had anything to do with the lawyer removal, other than allowing it to happen. I would think that if pg suspected anything, that it is what led to the "unspecified confidential information."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11...y5600667.shtml

snip:
    Court documents don't say why Maines was removed, but the decision was made the day after the court received unspecified "confidential evidence. Phimister ordered the records sealed.

You know I have been thinking abut this also, but I don't think Nancy had anything to do with the lawyer removal, other than allowing it to happen. I would think that if pg suspected anything, that it is what led to the "unspecified confidential information."

snip:
    Court documents don't say why Maines was removed, but the decision was made the day after the court received unspecified "confidential evidence. Phimister ordered the records sealed.
    Sadly, i feel if Gariddo pulled the strings regarding her Lawyer, this just makes the whole "she was in his control" argument stronger.
    Not that it's valid.

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    Hmm. Kinda reminscint of mansons trial.........he went on the stand and gave a long psychotic rant, outside the presence of the jury. When the judge asked him if he'd like to repeat it to the jury he said "no". i could see garrido doing the same thing in court.
    Nah... Hans didn't give a psychotic rant really. It was in front of the jury and he kept testifying for weeks.

snip:
    I am now wondering if the confidential information is something Phillip dug up about Maines, sort of forcing him to quit or it would not be confidential? I'm not so sure the 'confidential evidence' would directly indicate the why of it in other words. Just a thought.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast