What do you think Garrido's defense will be???

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Personally, I don't see him pleading Guilty or taking an Insanity defense. I think he's too much a narcissist to accept that and he may actually believe his own biblical clap-trap! But I think he's evil and he does know right from wrong- he knew to lie all these years and keep Jaycee imprisoned!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Personally, I don't see him pleading Guilty or taking an Insanity defense. I think he's too much a narcissist to accept that and he may actually believe his own biblical clap-trap! But I think he's evil and he does know right from wrong- he knew to lie all these years and keep Jaycee imprisoned!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

if he doesnt plead insanity hes pinnning his hopes on jaycee either lying for him or totally excusing his actions. good luck with that one phil!

I think he still fancies there is some strength in the "I've changed" defense, coupled with he will try to claim he hasn't committed any more crimes. We can see, he was hoping Jaycee would come to his defense and maybe his plan was also to involve the girls. Surely he is realizing by now, that ain't gonna happen if he reads the headlines.

I'm having a more difficult time knowing how he is trying (or will try) to involve Nancy.

I think he still fancies there is some strength in the "I've changed" defense, coupled with he will try to claim he hasn't committed any more crimes. We can see, he was hoping Jaycee would come to his defense and maybe his plan was also to involve the girls. Surely he is realizing by now, that ain't gonna happen if he reads the headlines.

I'm having a more difficult time knowing how he is trying (or will try) to involve Nancy.
I think something fishy is up with Nancy firing her lawyer, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out Phil's behind it!

Time, I agree completely. He definitely believes that he reformed, but I think he will lead his defense attorney to question Jaycee about the difference in her treatment at the beginning of her captivity versus the end of her captivity.

This will make pg think he is absolving himself from guilt, but will only tighten his noose!! Ahhh in my dreams this would happen. Hang yourself with that defense strategy pg, please! ;-)

I think something fishy is up with Nancy firing her lawyer, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out Phil's behind it!

Yeah, I said the same in another thread. Phil has already tried 3 other times that we know of to already manipulate his case

* the letter to his mom saying he was sorry to make it look like she didn't know

* the interview about his manifesto

* saying Jaycee's rights were being violated

Time, I agree completely. He definitely believes that he reformed, but I think he will lead his defense attorney to question Jaycee about the difference in her treatment at the beginning of her captivity versus the end of her captivity.

I think that will be a part of the bunch of carp trying to support he is a changed man. If he really got weird, he might claim he told Jaycee she was a free woman... blah blah blah.

Just reminded me, maybe what's up with Nancy and her lawyer is that her lawyer was claiming Nancy tried to free Jaycee. Phil wouldn't like her claiming that because then THAT would be admitting she was a prisoner!

I think that will be a part of the bunch of carp trying to support he is a changed man. If he really got weird, he might claim he told Jaycee she was a free woman... blah blah blah.

Just reminded me, maybe what's up with Nancy and her lawyer is that her lawyer was claiming Nancy tried to free Jaycee. Phil wouldn't like her claiming that because then THAT would be admitting she was a prisoner!

if this is true this might be the reason he had her fire her lawyer.

Oh, no... I just had a thought about this again. I think it's very possible Phil is going to want to testify in his own defense. I don't know if anyone followed the Hans Reiser case (and he was claiming he didn't kill his wife), but his testimony got pretty bizarre and went on for weeks. He got convicted for his wife's murder mostly because of his testimony (it just became apparent he was a weirdo and was controlling although he kept claiming he didn't kill her)! Otherwise, he might had some chance of getting off because they could not find her body. After he was convicted and before sentencing, he told them where she was.

Oh, no... I just had a thought about this again. I think it's very possible Phil is going to want to testify in his own defense. I don't know if anyone followed the Hans Reiser case (and he was claiming he didn't kill his wife), but his testimony got pretty bizarre and went on for weeks. He got convicted for his wife's murder mostly because of his testimony (it just became apparent he was a weirdo and was controlling although he kept claiming he didn't kill her)! Otherwise, he might had some chance of getting off because they could not find her body. After he was convicted and before sentencing, he told them where she was.

Hmm. Kinda reminscint of mansons trial.........he went on the stand and gave a long psychotic rant, outside the presence of the jury. When the judge asked him if he'd like to repeat it to the jury he said "no". i could see garrido doing the same thing in court.

You know I have been thinking abut this also, but I don't think Nancy had anything to do with the lawyer removal, other than allowing it to happen. I would think that if pg suspected anything, that it is what led to the "unspecified confidential information."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/10/crimesider/entry5600667.shtml

snip:
Court documents don't say why Maines was removed, but the decision was made the day after the court received unspecified "confidential evidence. Phimister ordered the records sealed.

You know I have been thinking abut this also, but I don't think Nancy had anything to do with the lawyer removal, other than allowing it to happen. I would think that if pg suspected anything, that it is what led to the "unspecified confidential information."

snip:
Court documents don't say why Maines was removed, but the decision was made the day after the court received unspecified "confidential evidence. Phimister ordered the records sealed.

Sadly, i feel if Gariddo pulled the strings regarding her Lawyer, this just makes the whole "she was in his control" argument stronger.
Not that it's valid.

Hmm. Kinda reminscint of mansons trial.........he went on the stand and gave a long psychotic rant, outside the presence of the jury. When the judge asked him if he'd like to repeat it to the jury he said "no". i could see garrido doing the same thing in court.

Nah... Hans didn't give a psychotic rant really. It was in front of the jury and he kept testifying for weeks.

snip:

I am now wondering if the confidential information is something Phillip dug up about Maines, sort of forcing him to quit or it would not be confidential? I'm not so sure the 'confidential evidence' would directly indicate the why of it in other words. Just a thought.

Nah... Hans didn't give a psychotic rant really. It was in front of the jury and he kept testifying for weeks.

Thats ridiculous.
How is it possible a Judge would allow it to go on that long?

Too bad we don't know - maybe Nancy spilled something about some other crime also? It seems to me that if Phillip is doing anything to manipulate her that could just make more of a case for her being controlled. Maybe Phillip did something now to stop any psychological testing that Maines had planned - the news makes it sound as if that hadn't taken place yet.

I wonder if Phillip will try to claim that by bringing Jaycee to the Parole office that shows she was a free woman? Probably wishful thinking on his part that she would ever repeat that she thought he was a changed man. My greatest hope is that they can pin another crime on him and I'm leaning towards him still being involved in those prostitute murders just because he kind of forecasted that in his manifesto and claiming they were one thing he no longer sought.

I am now wondering if the confidential information is something Phillip dug up about Maines, sort of forcing him to quit or it would not be confidential? I'm not so sure the 'confidential evidence' would directly indicate the why of it in other words. Just a thought.

And would require the records to be sealed.

How would pg have gotten any information concerning Maines? Makes me think things I am not willing to consider.

This just makes me more anxius to see Jaycee testify and bury him.

Thats ridiculous.
How is it possible a Judge would allow it to go on that long?

Go read about the case. I think in part they tried to reign him in and in part knew he was hanging himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back