Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Welcome our Chemist to Websleuths/Syringe in bottle and traces of chloroform #3

Hybrid View

"The truth is on the march and nothing will stop it" Emile Zola

Welcome our Chemist to Websleuths/Syringe in bottle and traces of chloroform #3

Dear Websleuths Members,

Please welcome DogMom2JoeAndWillie our very own true to life Chemist.

DogMom2JoeAndWillie has a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry with excellent grades I might add. She can also kick our butts in Calculus III.

DogMom2JoeAndWillie has so graciously offered to answer questions and offer her input on this subject.

I know it's early to start a #3 thread on this topic but I wanted to introduce you to our Websleuths Chemist.

Continue your discussion of the Syringe and chloroform here and hopefully Dogmom will jump in when she gets a moment.

Tricia
    PS. Disclaimer, without actually meeting someone and seeing their I.D. there is no 100 percent guarantee that people are who they say they are but if dogmom2JoeAndWillie is not telling the truth then she went to a lot of trouble to dummy up a grade sheet on a legit College website. We are safe with this one
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW, TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM, AND FOR SHOW ARCHIVES! DON'T FORGET CHAT OPENS THURSDAYS 7:30 EASTERN

Join Websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
    |

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

2. The Following 136 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

Thanks maybe I can understand this more.

Welcome DogMom
    Last edited by QueenD; 11-11-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: forgot the welcome

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to QueenD For This Useful Post:

Dogmom, I have learned from your posts even when they weren't about chemistry! Thank you so much for being part of our team here at WS!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Thanks so much for your input dogmom!
    We all look forward to your posts on this confusing subject & appreciate all of your other posts as well.

Maybe you'll be able to use this as a report in your studies if ever needed. You would have a lot info from the documents to back up a report. It would be nice to find out that you could apply our questions & the documents towards another smashing A in one of your classes. Than you wouldn't feel as gulity about time taken from your studies either. Good excuse if anything for spending time here with us all! LOL

I look forward to hearing what you think about the amount of chloroform that was found in the syringe, Gatorade bottle, & KC's trunk. It seems that local 6 is on the side of the defense that it is meaningless while all the others are calling it the "smoking gun".

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Thank you for your knowledge and your time. Much appreciated.
    -Si vis pacem, para bellum.

-Senatus Populus Que Romanus

-Why is it, if you help someone get away with a crime before they are arrested you are an accomplice...but if you help them get away with a crime after they are arrested you are a defense attorney?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spqr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post

I look forward to hearing what you think about the amount of chloroform that was found in the syringe, Gatorade bottle, & KC's trunk.

respectfully snipped from AWC

ditto...... and welcome and thank you in advance!!!!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tasylshari For This Useful Post:

Dogmom (your official sobriquet it appears) - thanks so much for your diligence in untangling the molecules but even more so for putting them into everyday language for those of us who don't breathe rarified scientific air. We are in your debt!
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cecybeans For This Useful Post:

Dogmom
    You are awesome. You posted about the chemical composition of some hair loss drug and when I asked you to "dumb it down" you put it in terms that even I could understand. That was so nice of you and I appreciate that. You are obviously a chemical "Poindexter" (which we need!) but you are NOT an intelligence snob. I am so glad you are here.
    DG

JMHO
    Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

Awesome! Thanks Dogmom

A proud decedent of The Declaration of Independence signer.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3doglady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    Thanks so much for your input dogmom!
    We all look forward to your posts on this confusing subject & appreciate all of your other posts as well.

Maybe you'll be able to use this as a report in your studies if ever needed. You would have a lot info from the documents to back up a report. It would be nice to find out that you could apply our questions & the documents towards another smashing A in one of your classes. Than you wouldn't feel as gulity about time taken from your studies either. Good excuse if anything for spending time here with us all! LOL

I look forward to hearing what you think about the amount of chloroform that was found in the syringe, Gatorade bottle, & KC's trunk. It seems that local 6 is on the side of the defense that it is meaningless while all the others are calling it the "smoking gun".

Hi Angel!
    Unfortunately on this one, the defense is right. The amount of chloroform in the syringe and in the bottle is insignifigant.

And to Dogmom? Rock on!!!

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to magic-cat For This Useful Post:

Welcome Dogmom!
    Your input is so appreciated!!!

Tricia... Just for the record, anyone can kick my butt in Calculus III. And, Calculus I & II. Come to think of it the same can be said for algebra, multiplication, substraction, division, addition,.......

Welcome again, Dogmom!!!
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

Err ... What's Calculus??

Thank you so much for offering your time and knowledge, Dogmum.

My posts are never intended to offend; are my opinion only; and are usually written tongue-in-cheek.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nosey Parker For This Useful Post:

Thanks, DogMom. You've already walked us through a few things. Just remember to type v e r y s l o w l y so we can keep up.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to treeseeker For This Useful Post:

*wavey wavey* Hi Dogmom!

I look forward to learning from you.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valhall For This Useful Post:

"The truth is on the march and nothing will stop it" Emile Zola
    Oh Dear. I hope I didn't scare her off. LOL. She hasn't been on the forum yet to check. She'll be surprised though.

Thank you all for making her feel welcomed.
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW, TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM, AND FOR SHOW ARCHIVES! DON'T FORGET CHAT OPENS THURSDAYS 7:30 EASTERN

Join Websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
    |

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

Welcome Dogmom!!!! We need you here! Thank you for your input on a subject that is very foreign to me.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to biggirl For This Useful Post:

So if we send Tricia our transcripts, we can be considered semi-experts on that area?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missyjane77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Tricia and Congratulations, DogMom. Nice to have you among us. I only got up to Trig and that was a long time ago. Can I send you my grandson's math homework? JK.
    And a rock feels no pain. And an island never cries.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QuietStorm For This Useful Post:

DogMom2JoeAndWillie is online now Real chemists do it in the hood....and periodically on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    Thanks Tricia and Congratulations, DogMom. Nice to have you among us. I only got up to Trig and that was a long time ago. Can I send you my grandson's math homework? JK.
    Haha, bring it on! I'd be happy to help out in anyway I can, you guys can always PM me homework questions if you want. No promises though...I made B's in Cal 1 and 2 and BARELY made an A in cal 3.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DogMom2JoeAndWillie For This Useful Post:

It all sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher until you helped out !!! Thank you!!!! (us right brainers need you!!!!!!!!!)

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to static For This Useful Post:

Why do we think the syringe was ever used to suck liquid from out of the Gatorade bottle?

Info from the last thread:

-There was a tiny bit of testosterone in the Gatorade bottle; much more in the syringe (especially compared to the rest of the syringe's contents).
    -There was some overlap with respect to which chemicals were in the (yellow + not yellow) liquid from the syringe, and which were in the Gatorade bottle.

So, the important question (which we might have the answer to) is how much liquid was in the syringe? The pictures make it look like not much, but this could have been after it was emptied to produce item 240.1.1. Do we know if 240.1.1 consists of *all* the liquid from the syringe? A dilution (perhaps from rinsing) of the liquid? Some of the liquid?

Because the simplest explanation, imo, is that someone used the testosterone, put the syringe in the original bag, in a toilet paper tube, and into a Gatorade bottle with cleaner(s) in it. Over time, diffusion resulted in some of the contents of the syringe and bottle mixing, and ending up in both containers.

Why not a complete overlap? The syringe and bottle started out containing different solutions, and could have continued to accumulate different compounds**. For all we know, some of the chemicals don't like each other (think oil and water), some might react to form different chemicals entirely, some might be heavier/lighter and thus not be in as high a concentration where the needle happens to be (like I think JWG said or implied), and perhaps some that were in one but not in the other didn't have sufficient time to mix.

**[It was very warm at times, and we know that plastic bottles (especially when in contact with strong solvents, lactones, etc.) break down and release various compounds. Presumably the same goes for the plastic-syringe-bag, the printing on the plastic-syringe-bag, the toilet paper tube, the printing on the syringe, and the syringe's outer surface.

Even if fancy solvents weren't originally *in* the syringe (though once they were, breakdown would accelerate), with heat and time compounds from the inner surface of the syringe (the plastic part, the black rubber plunger part) would break down into the syringe's liquid. Thus, certain compounds are in the syringe, certain chemicals are outside the syringe.]

So, in conclusion, perhaps what was found is exactly what one would find upon leaving a nearly empty testosterone syringe in a bottle filled with cleaner(s) in the woods in the summer heat for a while. Seems like the most logical explanation to me, assuming the syringe didn't have much liquid in it.

The only question would be why someone would have cleaners in a Gatorade bottle. Well, maybe it was convenient. I know that there was a Gatorade bottle full of antifreeze/wiper-fluid (lol) in my kitchen for a while. This was because it was easier to transport in the car than the giant economy jug. It ended up in the kitchen when the car was cleaned. (It was mildly funny/ironic, and it was certain that nobody would encounter it other than those in the know. )

I can envision that a janitor or cleaning person could have used the bottle to store (industrial) cleaner for detail cleaning, thinking that nobody unsuspecting would ever come into contact with it so it wouldn't be dangerous. Then, s/he or someone else figured it'd be a good place to stick a syringe for disposal. Maybe with some fleeting thoughts about masking the contents/use of the syringe, or getting rid of prints/blood just to be safe. (I think someone else may have mentioned this last part earlier.)

Anyway, just some thoughts.

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    panama, thanks for the thoughts--your post sent me off in several directions at once! But it seems that what keeps us circling around this topic of Gatorade bottle/syringe is their proximity to the remains. Given the potential links to this case (Wudge I can hear you now, I know I know), what are the odds that a steroid-using janitor would accidentally choose to toss this syringe/concoction/bottle and have it land so close to Caylee's remains, vs the odds that the bottle & contents are related to the murder?

Oh god, just realized... Zenaida may have been a steroid-using janitor nanny. The nannitor did it! (Rushes off to call JB with new lead.)

MOO and still trying to put this all together....

41. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

<snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    Oh god, just realized... Zenaida may have been a steroid-using janitor nanny. The nannitor did it!
    LOL! Reminds me of Brini's "Xanex the Nanex" cracking me up a while ago.

Anyway, it's true about the proximity. Wasn't there a possibility of flooding in the area, though? There was other (seemingly) unrelated trash around the area too, and flooding could filter all the forest trash to a limited number of places... (I can't recall, but this might have been shot down a while ago.)

ETA: Ok, I keep thinking about, "...what are the odds that a steroid-using janitor would accidentally choose to toss this syringe/concoction/bottle and have it land so close to Caylee's remains?" and cracking up hysterically. Funny how my attempt to simplify may well do the opposite. It doesn't haaave to be a janitor, though. Maybe I'll crunch some numbers.
    Last edited by panama; 11-11-2009 at 11:58 PM.

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to panama For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post

LOL! Reminds me of Brini's "Xanex the Nanex" cracking me up a while ago.

Anyway, it's true about the proximity. Wasn't there a possibility of flooding in the area, though? There was other (seemingly) unrelated trash around the area too, and flooding could filter all the forest trash to a limited number of places... (I can't recall, but this might have been shot down a while ago.)
    OK this has come up enough that I am going to go sleuth it out. There are topo maps of the area that Caylee was found. In a marshy, swampy area that flooded due to groundwater swell during rains, would previously dumped items end up in lower elevations when the waters receded? Beyond runoff from the graded road (which would have been mediated by the 4' grass/gravel road edge at the site plus by the vegetative barrier between road and site of remains) there would not be a strong current in such waters. Dumped items, whether placed at the same time or accidentally/purposely in the same area later than the initial body drop, could well just lift with the groundwater rising, and settle back down not very far from their initial resting point.

Topo maps, here I come!

ETA: OMG rabbit hole, help help help. Map of find site, please? Topographic info seems significant in the eventual disposition/displacement of items found near Caylee. Saw doc with same info earlier today. Cannot find same now. New sleuther learns to take notes: exhibit A.
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 11-12-2009 at 12:46 AM.

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

I am an insulin dependent diabetic who buys syringes I have never bought one like that I am also however a daughter of a retired Nurse and she was a Hospice Nurse she would have syringes that looked like those in her trunk for patients So I wonder if the facility that CA worked at uses that brand and type of syringe and if anyone knows if that is anywhere in the discovery released thus far?

47. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rbrnmw2 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast