675 users online (96 members and 579 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #7

Posters:

Please do not reference sites that, if you try to copy the link to WS, the URL shows up as asterisks. This is a TOS violation.

Please continue the discussion here.

Hoppy
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/inde...y-drug-charge/

Here is a link from readthehook.com. Drug dealers busted for pushing drugs too close to UVA campus and near a custard stand.

IMO, dealers are sick and twisted people and may be tied to other crime. I PRAY that LE has taken a look at these people.

JMO

I COMPLETELY understand not having time to read through all the threads to catch up, but once this thread gets going would it be too much to ask to atleast read the previous 1 or 2 pages of post. Just because we seem to be filling the threads to the tune of ther_beatingA_Deadther_beatingA_Dead
    I would really apreciate it, and then we can keep moving forward.

Carrying Over...
    Honeybun had alerted us to interesting post on facebook concerning new developments which had been posted on a crime site.
    After searching I found it was in reference to a story posted back on October 29. SweetVaBreeze then shared that the author had maybe got things mixed up.

(imo that article had so many errors it needs to be removed)

I had just posted about a odd comment on an article, it may have been at the hook. The comment's author went by the name of "clue".
    the comment asked if the searched had extended to 250 and milton road by the river.
    Does anyone else find this suspicious?

1-JPJ
    2-searched
    3-clue
    [IMG][/IMG]
    click to enlarge
    Last edited by wanttohelp; 11-11-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wanttohelp View Post
    JMO

I COMPLETELY understand not having time to read through all the threads to catch up, but once this thread gets going would it be too much to ask to atleast read the previous 1 or 2 pages of post. Just because we seem to be filling the threads to the tune of ther_beatingA_Deadther_beatingA_Dead
    I would really apreciate it, and then we can keep moving forward.

Carrying Over...
    Honeybun had alerted us to interesting post on facebook concerning new developments which had been posted on a crime site.
    After searching I found it was in reference to a story posted back on October 29. SweetVaBreeze then shared that the author had maybe got things mixed up.

(imo that article had so many errors it needs to be removed)

I had just posted about a odd comment on an article, it may have been at the hook. The comment's author went by the name of "clue".
    the comment asked if the searched had extended to 250 and milton road by the river.

1-JPJ
    2-searched
    3-clue
    I agree on ALL counts. I've pretty much stopped participating for the most part because all we're doing is rehashing the same possible scenarios and guesses over and over at this point, and it's just not getting us any closer to an answer.

Towards your mention of "clue", I think that sounds interesting and definitely worth noting. I'm going to take a look around and see if I can hunt that comment down. There are plenty of weirdos that come out and post odd stuff in these cases, but it's also common for the perp to do the same, maybe even more so when he's not receiving the attention/media that he thinks he deserves? Good catch!

ETA: Okay so I've searched numerous articles all over the place and haven't spotted the "clue" post yet, have you relocated it? I've got to start dinner but I'll try to look some more later.
    Last edited by ChasingMoxie; 11-11-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Update on search for post

250 and milton road

Quote Originally Posted by wanttohelp View Post
    respectfully snipped

1-JPJ
    2-searched
    3-clue
    [IMG][/IMG]
    click to enlarge
    That's under .5 miles from the Clifton Inn as well as an elementary school, and also close to the river and a pond. I also can't find that post from "clue," though.

Did anyone watch MH's parents on Dr Phil today? Anything interesting?

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Dr. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by WholeLottaRosie View Post
    Did anyone watch MH's parents on Dr Phil today? Anything interesting?
    iirc it is going to be on Thursday (i.e., tomorrow).

okay, thanks. In my notes I had 11/11.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Just going over some of the old posts. Something caught my eye. Somebody was saying how nice it was of Dr. Harrington to purchase 9 tickets to the concert. I thought...whoa. The only ones we think attended were Morgan and her two friends..the boyfriend of a friend we are not too sure about. Anyway does anybody know if the concert was sold out that night? I am wondering if Morgan had those extra tickets and went outside before Metallica came on to try and sell them. Make a few bucks and show her father she was trying in the money area?
    Could that be the answer to the question of why she went outside?

I remember a few years back we went to the theatre and had two extra tickets our friends could not use. Hubby went to the boxoffice and they said absolutely not they would not take our tickets back and refund our money and we could not stand in the lobby by the doors to try to sell them. Hubby went outside and stood on the walkway and sold the tickets.

Makes me wonder?
    "Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. Thatís why itís called the present."

Quote Originally Posted by honeybun1807 View Post
    Just going over some of the old posts. Something caught my eye. Somebody was saying how nice it was of Dr. Harrington to purchase 9 tickets to the concert. I thought...whoa. The only ones we think attended were Morgan and her two friends..the boyfriend of a friend we are not too sure about. Anyway does anybody know if the concert was sold out that night? I am wondering if Morgan had those extra tickets and went outside before Metallica came on to try and sell them. Make a few bucks and show her father she was trying in the money area?

I remember a few years back we went to the theatre and had two extra tickets our friends could not use. Hubby went to the boxoffice and they said absolutely not they would not take our tickets back and refund our money and we could not stand in the lobby by the doors to try to sell them. Hubby went outside and stood on the walkway and sold the tickets.

Makes me wonder?
    Excellent point and would make sense now.
    Someone did sleuth out on craigslist that two tickets were for sale in her row/area.
    I have no idea now who posted that and if they tipped the police or not.
    Great catch.

take a look at this...
    http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2...dMorgan-E.aspx

Hawes Spencer, Hook Editor10/29/2009 10:54:51 AM

@J Hey, this is the Hook editor here. Morgan's dad originally told us that Morgan's car and keys stayed in Harrisonburg. In preparing this cover story, State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller-- asserting a change in info-- told us the contrary scenario we put in this story above. So we spoke again this morning to Dr. Harrington, and he stands by his statement: that Morgan's car was never in Charlottesville. Messages left this morning with Ms. Geller have not been immediately returned, but we'll update as soon as she clarifies....

Quote Originally Posted by x_files View Post
    Excellent point and would make sense now.
    Someone did sleuth out on craigslist that two tickets were for sale in her row/area.
    I have no idea now who posted that and if they tipped the police or not.
    Great catch.

Wow, if she went out to meet them that could have led to her disappearance.

OR...What if the men she was seen with in the parking lot were supposed to get those tickets. What would that bring the number up to?

Regardless, if my friend were selling her tickets to someone else... I wouldn't let her go meet the person alone unless it was somenone trusted or I was a lousy friend.

Did LE actually ping Morgan's cell phone as being in the area that the concert was? That way it would confirm she was actually there or at least her phone was. (earlier on people were wondering if she was really at the concert or not)
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by lilacwine View Post
    Wow, if she went out to meet them that could have led to her disappearance.

OR...What if the men she was seen with in the parking lot were supposed to get those tickets. What would that bring the number up to?

Regardless, if my friend were selling her tickets to someone else... I wouldn't let her go meet the person alone unless it was somenone trusted or I was a lousy friend.
    Maybe she asked and they didn't want to leave their seats or someone did go out with her, hypothetically speaking of course.

Of course, Morgan could have been a very independent young woman who thought it was safe. It should have been safe!
    I can't tell from her photos if she was shy and naive or street savvy and independent.
    What was out of the norm for her? Did she often leave her friends and take off for the night or for days on end?
    Why did she remove her cell phone battery? That's an odd one I can't wrap my head around.
    I don't know of anyone who would remove the battery when you could simply turn your phone off.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybun1807 View Post

Makes me wonder?
    I do remember reading that it was not a sold out concert and someone saying that shecould have purchased a tix cause the box office was open til 9 or 930?
    Last edited by Janeumayer; 11-12-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Correcting time.

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast