Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: NC- Amber Alert issued Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #2

Older boy in DSS custody per HLN. FWIW
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Charla View Post
    Can I respectfully disagree? Only because I'm a psych major and have taken so many classes relating/studying to criminology. There are statistics that isolate and evaluate definite correlations and precursors to criminal activity.

I get everyone's point though, trailer parks are not part of the equation. Point taken.
    It's my understanding that the area Shanyia lived in was a crime ridden area of town. One of the local posters here said it was low income and known for drugs and a high crime rate. The fact that Shaniya lived in a trailer park is irrelevant, the fact that the trailer park was located in a very undesirable, crime ridden area is relevant. I'm sure geographical statistics can be found online and will probably confirm that the area Shaniya lived in has a high rate of crime.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Thank God the older boy has been removed. I'm wondering where they all went after they were told they could not return home due to sewerage issue.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    ITA about the timeline. Something's off. Mom seems to be the one who gave the timeline so that is what is making me wonder about mom. IMO
    Somethings not right.
    Getting some kind of truth out of Mom will lead to this precious little girl..IMHO..
    There is a reason why she is not on the news trying to plea for her daughter..
    Something is certainly fishy here with her story.
    And if I may..she is a beautiful little girl..!
    Justice For Caylee Marie

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mydailyopinions For This Useful Post:

This may be retread, but I'm incredibly fatigued right now and I'm pretty far behind.

It might just be my kids, but I can count on one hand the time my children have had bowel movements overnight. Usually it's when their routine has been off/they're ill.

My first, sad instinct to say that was was some kind of antemortem/immediately postmortem evacuation of the bowels or a reaction to trauma. But assuming this happened in or directly around a home, how does someone in a trailer not hear anything? I've visited people that live in mobile homes and the acoustics are nuts. I had this question in the big mass murder in GA, too.

I'd totally be in support of...intense...interrogation techniques in these kinds of cases. Abductor in custody and minor abductee missing? Break out the waterboarding. Of course, I'm pro-DP for child rapists, people who commit capital murder, and litterers, so maybe I'm the wrong person to offer my opinion on that.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MomofBoys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jokie7348 View Post
    I don't post much, but I have to respond to this. All kinds of people live in all kinds of housing, drive all kinds of cars, eat all kinds of food, wear all kinds of clothes, and have all kinds of opinions. Charla, you are stereotyping here. The worst sexual abuse case I ever had was an "old money" family living in a fine plantation house...a bank president and his two little girls. So...........
    JMO

JMO for what it's worth, I don't think Charla was stereotyping...she was asking a question and it was asked in a respectful way. She clearly stated that she didn't know. Honestly, I would've asked the same question and like Charla, it would have been a legitimate question. We all know that evil can lurk in the prettiest of packages as well as the not-so-pretty packages.

I know I will get blasted for saying this, but I would feel better with my child visiting a friend in a nice, suburban single-family home neighborhood versus a ramshackle, unkempt trailer park. Sorry! I know that's bad....it is very judgemental and shallow of me to say that and I readily admit it. All I can say is that in MY area of the world, there are MANY trashy, unkempt trailer parks that seem to house nothing but meth-heads and drug addicts. There ARE, however, many well-kept trailer parks (mobile home communities) that house law-abiding folks who have pride in their homes. I would have NO PROBLEM with my child visiting a friend in one of these types of trailer parks. I guess the same goes for single family home neighborhoods---there is ALOT to be said about pride of ownership (and renter-ship) where folks keep their homes and land tidy and free of junk versus the trashy, junk-filled, unkempt single family homes.

I will say that the term "trailer parks" conjures up some unseemingly thoughts for many, but for me, the nice and well kept ones, the ones that show pride in ownership, are a totally different animal from the trashy, unkempt, junk-ridden ones.

Charla, your question was a valid one. To me, there is vast difference between a mobile home community and a trailer park.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to eleven For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    Well, I think we can safely say they didn't flush them.
    LOL I needed that...

I want to thank everyone who can see the video's and share that information. I'm on dial up and I have to forget watching videos. If it's not on tv or I can't read it here or at a link I'm in the dark. So thanks to all of you who share the info.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:

As much as I raise an eyebrow at Charla's tone at times, I do have to say I understand what she's trying to say. It's not hard to get housing in a MHP. There are MH communities that are pretty much transient housing. Not transient meaning homeless, but transient meaning people without long-term leases that need quick, affordable housing. Sadly, while that demographic isn't solely comprised of SOs, a lot a lot a lot of SOs fall into that demo. These are people that sometimes find it hard to get jobs and maintain a good credit history.

You can also say the same thing about a lot of motels. For example, there used to be a Holiday Inn on 192 in Kissimmee, Fl. It "lost its flag" and became an independently-operated motel called Home Suite Home. Last I checked, there was something like 18-20 RSOs living in the same motel that advertises itself to families looking for reasonable accomodations while at Walt Disney World. It's beyond disturbing.

So, no, there are very wealthy killers and rapists and we can't stereotype, but some MHPs attract a demo that have a history of this sort of crime and that demo happens to have a high recidivism rate.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MomofBoys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nnglas View Post
    I understand your point Charla, and I will just say, that at least the mobile home parks around here, they don't really tend to do credit or background checks either, like apartments do. Sorry, I am not trying to offend, I know that alot of wonderful people live in mobile home parks, but... they seem to(around here) be a little lax on who they accept.
    And housing communities with brick homes donot do checks either. Why should mobile home parks, this is a NONISSUE anyways.
    THIS IS ABOUT SHANIYA!!!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littleangel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Allright comments on this guys body language in the court room ...
    I was thrilled to see it. If he doesn't get a lawyer that can hold him in check, the jury is going to write him off the first day. He's done time before. He knows it's over. He just doesn't care.

It also corresponds with the sort of arrogance that constructed that dumbass story about what happened to Shaniya and then called 911.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mycroft For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    And housing communities with brick homes donot do checks either. Why should mobile home parks, this is a NONISSUE anyways.
    It is not a non-issue. It speaks to how easy it would be for this to be done and there not be a non camera witness. SOP, for every agency in the nation, look at the area to determine if the crime and coverup were even feasible without a buttload of witnesses.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    This is all I can offer CharlestonGal...http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6397725/
    Thank you! So I gather this is not info released by the police, but only stated by the neighbor as, "she was told.....".

That helps. Thank you.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CharlestonGal For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    If it is true as the lady said and there is a camera across from the trailer Shania lived in I can assume LE has more information than they've had in many other missing children situations.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:

Did I hear correct ( or am I making this up as I go along) that Antwanette applied for a mobile home 1st and she was turned down, then the sister Brenda applied? I do recall the landlord (davenport) said she does background checks etc. She's even keeping an eye on the SO's making sure they are up to date with their registeries and all they need to do. I'm sure this is because she was a former investigator. I also have to commend her on putting 4 video cameras in the park as well. She didn't have to do that and its very expensive. Soooo, although I agree with everyone's thoughts on location, nature/nurture etc etc. I think this landlord had her act together a heck of alot more then others do. IMO

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to swanniee11 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    Ummm, I don't know about that. Most at least check rental and credit history. Regardless, I am not saying that people who live in mhp are bad. I am saying that some bad people may gravitate toward some of them because of the lack of background and credit checks. Really? Chill out.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nnglas For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Taking DD out to eat. I'll check back in later.
    Y'all have a good evening.

Praying for Shaniya and all who love her.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324