NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91371"]NC- Amber Alert issued Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09[/ame]

Continue on...

Nancy Grace videos here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4420208&postcount=618"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC- Amber Alert issued Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09[/ame]

I'm just catching up here, but the noise at the neighbors has me stumped.
First off if I heard that noise I would 1. check it out or 2. if I am alone, call police. No way I would just go back to sleep.
To be honest my first thought as horrifying as it is was that it may have been Shaniya trying to get help.
At this point I'm convinced it's in the family.

Neighbor-1.jpg

Going through the sky5 video we find 2 little children playing all alone...in the freakin' road!
There's a child missing not 200 feet from these children and they are playing outside completely unsupervised! :furious:
children.jpg

I've wondered if they slept in shifts or something-- like the adults staying up all night while the kids slept in the bedrooms, then toward dawn, the kids were moved to the living area/couches (since they were going to be awake soon anyway)...like that? Sounds druggy, crowded, and possible. jmo

The condition of the blanket really haunts me. I want to know the condition of the mother's bed...

I have a very bad feeling about the lone man in the house. Very bad.

If perp dumps the blanket so close, makes wonder if Shaniya's body would be close by as well.

Neighbor-1.jpg

Going through the sky5 video we find 2 little children playing all alone...in the freakin' road!
There's a child missing not 200 feet from these children and they are playing outside completely unsupervised! :furious:
children.jpg
For that area that's par for the course. It's awful and sad but pretty common for that area. :(

Looks like they are checking out the firetruck.

I'm praying the surveillance cameras give this case a good clue on what happened to that little girl.

First off if I heard that noise I would 1. check it out or 2. if I am alone, call police. No way I would just go back to sleep.
To be honest my first thought as horrifying as it is was that it may have been Shaniya trying to get help.
The neighbor even said in hindsight she now believes what the noise was ~ somebody putting the blanket into the trash can. And with the trash picked up on Monday there really wouldn't be any reason for anybody to be 'borrowing' somebody else's container. How stupid can somebody be though to be disposing of her blanket and make noise awakening the neighbor while getting the container open? :banghead:

i've wondered if they slept in shifts or something-- like the adults staying up all night while the kids slept in the bedrooms, then toward dawn, the kids were moved to the living area/couches (since they were going to be awake soon anyway)...like that? Sounds druggy, crowded, and possible. Jmo

the condition of the blanket really haunts me. I want to know the condition of the mother's bed...

bbm
bingo!!!

If perp dumps the blanket so close, makes wonder if Shaniya's body would be close by as well.
Earlier today I thought it might be possible that the perp just forgot to dispose of it until they got home from wherever they took Shaniya, but now finding out it was covered in feces I don't think that's the case. So it may be that she's close by also. MOO

The neighbor even said in hindsight she now believes what the noise was ~ somebody putting the blanket into the trash can. And with the trash picked up on Monday there really wouldn't be any reason for anybody to be 'borrowing' somebody else's container. How stupid can somebody be though to be disposing of her blanket and make noise awakening the neighbor while getting the container open? :banghead:
Panthera, I asked this on the other thread, help me out if possible.
--The can is at the road at press time and in pictures we've seen.
--This same can was picked up the day before so I assume it hasnt been taken from the road back close to the trailer because the news reports were showing the can by the road (and some pictures on the last thread show this also)
--unless they are showing a different can belonging to someone else, how did the neighbor hear something that could have been her can being wedged up against the trailer if it is along side of the road still from trash day?
Thanks

I'm sure there is a perfectly logical answer, but I'm stuck

kellync said:
OK help me here..If the trash was picked up, and from the picture we see the can is at the road, why would the can lid be wedged against the trailer? it is at the road isnt it?

Kelly I'm moving your post here, and rewriting what I can remember of my first response lost when last thread locked... (btw NG transcript not yet available I checked). The neighbor was on NG explaining that she keeps her trash can right next to her trailer in a little nook between trailer and porch. So due to the tight quarters and what sounded like lid getting caught or hung up on molding or lip of the trailer, she said it's difficult to pull out and open w/out making a clatter. Maybe it wasn't the same one you saw at the road. HTH!

:parrot:

I've wondered if they slept in shifts or something-- like the adults staying up all night while the kids slept in the bedrooms, then toward dawn, the kids were moved to the living area/couches (since they were going to be awake soon anyway)...like that? Sounds druggy, crowded, and possible. jmo

The condition of the blanket really haunts me. I want to know the condition of the mother's bed...

It seems that size mobile home would have a maximum of 2 bedrooms so I think what you've suggested is very possible and yes, the adults could be up all night and maybe why the neighbor wasn't too alarmed by somebody using her trash at 3:00am. MOO

You've brought up a couple of things that are thought provoking for me. The trash can being so close-- my first impression was childlike. As though a very young kid was "hiding" something. You also mentioned that perhaps the beating on the neighbors' house may have been Shaniya herself seeking help...

Tying those two scenarios together-- maybe Shaniya had an accident (or injury/assault) that caused the wrath of one of the adults because of the soiled blanket, couch, bed, clothes, whatever...and Shaniya ran off to avoid punishment...depositing the "evidence" in the closest trash can and banging on doors/trailers until someone let her in.

Have they been granted entry to homes in the area?

And what's with the dogs not picking up her scent when her personal blanket it right there in the can? I am discounting those dogs for the moment. Doesn't add up.

Me too, I'd have to wake all the way up to check it out! But maybe in this hood it's not uncommon for people to "borrow" somebody else's trash can :rolleyes: or this has happened before. :confused: She sounded horrified in hindsight that she didn't investigate this at the time.

:parrot:

Panthera, I asked this on the other thread, help me out if possible.
--The can is at the road at press time and in pictures we've seen.
--This same can was picked up the day before so I assume it hasnt been taken from the road back close to the trailer because the news reports were showing the can by the road (and some pictures on the last thread show this also)
--unless they are showing a different can belonging to someone else, how did the neighbor hear something that could have been her can being wedged up against the trailer if it is along side of the road still from trash day?
Thanks

I'm sure there is a perfectly logical answer, but I'm stuck
I noticed that too but listened to what the neighbor said rather than what's in the photos, since as you mentioned it could be another trash can by the road and not the one she was talking about. Otherwise I agree it doesn't make sense. I can also see somebody putting the blanket into the can by the side of the road much more than if the can was right next to her house and it made a noise opening it. :waitasec: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni