Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kellync View Post
    Do Amber alerts expire? Maybe thats why the time limit?

Every one that I have ever seen on the TV has an expiration time after 24 hours.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cleo612 For This Useful Post:

It is sad, kelly. I don't even know where to look for NC Child Abduction Alerts online.

I want to know if this is related to Shaniya or if it is yet another baby missing.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Angel View Post
    I suppose so. I'm wondering which one they are talking about though. The front steps or the back ones.

BTW I love the pic in your sig. I chuckle every time you post and I see it.
    Thank you.
    Sometimes I type really fast trying to portray what I'm thinking.
    Sometimes I type like I talk - redneck to the bone. (and proud, might I add)

I used to worry about it all the time, looking when I spelled something wrong. So, I figure a disclaimer would fix it.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

So, it looks like the blanket was recovered before dogs were brought in from info below. The dogs must have been search and not cadaver / decomp as they would have picked up on feces on back porch, at a minimum, right?

Police dogs searched the neighborhood and some nearby woods late Tuesday and didn't pick up Shaniya's scent. Investigators said the dogs would have picked up her trail if she had been walking around the area. (http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6397519/)

And

MOORE: Well, about 7:30 that morning, I heard a knock at my door. And I answered the door, and it was a gentleman from the police department asking me about a little 5-year-old girl, had I seen her. And I told him no, I hadn`t seen her. He told me the child`s name and asked me did I know her. And I said, No, I don`t know her. He let me know, like I said, that she was missing and that they were just basically looking for her at the time. (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../11/ng.01.html)

Also...interesting info on search and rescue dogs....What is the difference between a search dog, cadaver dog, decomp dog and a forensic evidence dog?

A "search dog" has little or no training in finding deceased humans. The term "cadaver dog" came about after search and rescue dogs started to be trained to look for expired lost persons and suicides. The term "decomposition dog" better describes how dogs will indicate decomp human scent which includes blood, feces, urine or other material with human scent on it. from http://www.ilpwda.com/faqs.htm
    Last edited by everyoneneedsavoice; 11-12-2009 at 01:20 AM.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Ok y'all. I gotta go to bed. Work will come early in the morning.
    Have a great night.

Praying for Shaniya and all who love her.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

I don't see a stranger sticking around long enough to deliberately spread feces on a porch.
    Caylee, your justice is on the way...

kelly, I found the website for NC Amber Alerts, but it doesn't look like they have updated it. The only one showing is for Shaniya. Last update was 11/10/09.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cleo612 For This Useful Post:

It's with a heavy heart I go off to bed also. Sick as a dog and my girls expect a chipper Momma to get them off to school and work expects me alert (go figure!).

Hopefully by tomorrow they will find this babygirl, safe. And Haleigh too. And the monsters who hurt children will disappear from the face of the earth...oh dreaming already. nite.
    To the anonymous donor who gave the gift of bone marrow for a babygirl they had never met: Thank You will never be enough!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to supergirl For This Useful Post:

http://www.nccrimecontrol.org/Index2...,001628&AAA=45
    As of now, Fayetville PD is the only dept in NC with an alert from what I can find.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kellync For This Useful Post:

Night girl's...se ya's tomorrow..sleep well and pray for Shaniya,and Lindsey, and all our other missing babies.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

I saw the Amber alert. It was for a little boy in Raeford? Last seen walking into the woods with a black male.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nnglas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kellync View Post
    http://www.nccrimecontrol.org/Index2...,001628&AAA=45
    As of now, Fayetville PD is the only dept in NC with an alert from what I can find.
    Yeah, that is the site I found a few minutes ago. sorry, I should have posted the link for you. I am going to bookmark for future (ugh) reference.

This must have been a new one, kelly. the only other thing I can think of is that it is a renewal on Shaniya's, but that is usually done right around the expiration time of the initial alert.

I am baffled now. I will keep checking the site to see if it gets updated tonight or in the morning with anything new.

Thanks for checking into it with me. I just hate that all these babies are going missing--if these people do not want their babies, I would GLADLY take them in and give them more love than they could ever hope to experience.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cleo612 For This Useful Post:

For what its worth (FWIW newbies weather stinks tomorrow too. raleigh reported the wettest day since 1944!!
    http://www.wral.com/weather/story/6401077/

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellync For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nnglas View Post
    I saw the Amber alert. It was for a little boy in Raeford? Last seen walking into the woods with a black male.
    Do you know what county that is in? It looks like it is near Fayetteville?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellync For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast